PDA

View Full Version : HELP--- HPI BAJA SS 5B

dave-p
11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I HAVE A BAJA I HAVE TAKEN IN A SWAP, THE MOTOR WON'T RUN BUT IT HAS LOADS OF COMPRESSION , HAD A NEW HEAD GASKET.

IT LOOKS AS THOUGH ITS GETTING WAY TO MUCH FUEL EVEN THOUGH THE NEEDLES ARE FACTORY SETTINGS , IT HAS BOOST CYL'S FITTED BUT CARB GASKETS LOOK DODGY.

1ST' ADVICE PLEASE
2ND ITS A COMPLETE CAR LESS SHELL WHATS IT WORTH AS IT IS TO SELL. YOUR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. CHEERS DAVE.

twisty
11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi,

first off,take the boost bottles off,they are a gimmick,waste of money and don`t work properly on petrol engines.They could be causing the starting problem but i doubt it.
Is it a genuine HPi or a clone? what kind of condition is it[pictures speak a thousand words and all that]
Whats it worth? ,it`s worth what someone is prepared to pay and what you are happy accepting for it[how long is a piece of string]

I would advise getting it going,finding out what it is exactly and then look at what they go for on Ebay or around the forums.
With all due respect to oOple,most of the members here are into 1/10 off road electric powered buggys,not largescale petrol stuff,so replys will be limited here.

A better place to look would be MSUK or the UK Baja forum,both good baja forums or maybe Team5hite forum which has been adopted by the largescale off road racers in the UK,although many of them don`t like Bajas in general,i`m sure they will try and help.

BR,
Simon.

twisty
19-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Did you get any joy on this Dave?

dave-p
21-02-2011, 03:11 PM
ayup mate, no mate got pissed off and sold it, but cheers for your time, dave.