PDA

View Full Version : XK98 bud shaft anyone?

Crazy L
15-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi people, not sure where to put this, apart from the Pred section.
I'm after a front bud shaft for my old XK98, does anyone have one handy by sheer absolute coincidence?;)

I've been to more dedicated forums and others besides but I'm sure I woulda got more of an answer out of that lumbering oaf John Prescott tbh, no answer, no help. rubbish.

It looks like upgrading to the new (shorter) shafts would mean new hubs, bearings, stub axles, diff halves, thrust washers, balls, crown, pinion, prop coupling, the whole freakin' damn nine.

xx4-nutter
15-11-2007, 07:32 PM
do any of the laterparts fit on the XK98 ?... such as the bud things.. i have a full bag of them for my x10 thers loads.

Crazy L
15-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Apart from being shorter, a few other adjustments may be needed::rolleyes:

It looks like upgrading to the new (shorter) shafts would mean new hubs, bearings, stub axles, diff halves, thrust washers, balls, crown, pinion, prop coupling, the whole freakin' damn nine.

Thanks for looking though:D

RogerM
18-11-2007, 06:33 AM
They are different lengths front and rear IIRC ..... do you have the length of the one you want?

I ran Preds from the XT till the P8 so might well have something floating about somewhere.

Crazy L
18-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh quality, cheers dude

Er....it would've been the earlier bud design, as I believe the XT and International had older UJ style driveshafts. and it's only the later X10 onwards that have the diff cups sticking out further than the gearbox case itself, and looking at it, I think the front is longer than the back, so.......anything from XK5 to P8 maybe, and the longest there is i guess.

Does this help, any help mucho appreciated.

Alfonzo
22-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Graham North & Cooper spring to mind as possible sources for answers..