PDA

View Full Version : New X6 Gearbox and Shock tower...

Mike Hudson
15-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey guys any more news on when these will be available? I thought they were meant to be out around about this time???:wtf:

Big E
16-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it is just a matter of days away now :D

super__dan
16-11-2007, 04:34 PM
The gearbox moulds are done, it's the plates and supply of idler bars that's an issue.

The place that does the CF was in the middle of the forrest fires in California. Needless to say this caused some issues, not sure where Chazz has got to with that.

Though getting these to 'market' has taken a little longer than normal, it really will be worth the wait, well worth saving those pennies for ;)

rcracer
16-11-2007, 04:38 PM
any idea on price for these :confused:

Lee
16-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Performance is priceless:D

Anything else you can use your mastercard

mattym0310
16-11-2007, 06:48 PM
hah! you do come out with some random stuff lee! :D ive got money saved especiaqlly for them :)

Mike Hudson
16-11-2007, 06:53 PM
thanx guys and i have my money too for them now that my b4 magically turned into money was magical :D

super__dan
16-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry I genuinley don't have any idea.

Chazz checks this forum every now and again so might be able to advise. Either than or try emailing him direct, email addy on 2wdrc.com site.

hickston
19-11-2007, 06:48 PM
The week after thanksgiving according to the 2wd forum

(4th thursday in November according to google) so anywhere from 22nd - 29th Nov

YoungChazz
19-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Here's the latest on the 4-gear. We're down to one supplier now. The gear boxes and bulkheads are in hand from the California molding shop. All Upgrade Kits and the new X - 6 Conversion Kit will come with the extra idler, two bearings, and a shaft, all of which are in hand. I just talked with the motor plate supplier who says I can pick up the plates in the morning.

That leaves the company, a new supplier for us, that will cut out the towers and modify the chassies. We started by making towers of 3MM CF and they cut that just fine. But testing showed 3MM to be a bit weak so we sent the 3MM material back and got 4MM CF which we've had since last week.

The shop is having trouble cutting the thicker stuff and making it look good, and we'll meet with them tomorrow afternoon. They will try using a different machine and cutter. Hope this does not change their price...

Paul and I started re-writing the instruction manual. Bag D is done and we'll work on E tomorrow. Then Bag F and it's off to the printers. After that it's a matter of putting everything in bags and making it look pretty so you'll buy it!

AndyM
19-11-2007, 10:08 PM
cheers for the update chazz!!

can't wait :D

MikePimlott
19-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Excellent, So from now on all new kits come with the upgraded parts. ;) Spot on

xx4-nutter
19-11-2007, 11:27 PM
is the kit still the same price ? or is it a lil more :)

AndyM
20-11-2007, 06:45 AM
more, i would of guessed. because x-factory still need to make a profit :cool:

YoungChazz
21-11-2007, 03:42 AM
The latest update: Motor plates now in hand. Problem solved with the shock tower, we've got a very few in hand now. Thursday is an holiday in the US -- Thanksgiving -- and everybody takes Friday off too. They'll work on the towers some Wednesday and are saying early next week they'll be done.

That leaves the chassis. We took our entire stock of X - 6 chassies over there this afternoon, leaving only a very few for Kit sales. We hope they will be done late next week.

We will package the 4-Gear Upgrade Kits this weekend, along with as many parts as possible. Bag D will be packaged. Instructions will be written. When the shock towers arive, the X - 6 Upgrade Kit and Bag E will be packaged, and the towers will be packaged as parts. (This may be a bit more complicated than you thought...)

When the chassies arrive, the New Math Total Upgrade Kit will be packaged, and new K011 X - 6 Conversion Kits will be packaged with new instructions. #1001 chassis parts will be packaged with the updated part.

Looks like I will be a busy boy...

The K011 X - 6 Conversion Kit will retail on our web site for $164.99 with the new 4-Gear tranny (includes an idler, bearings, and shaft), new 4-gear motor plate, new bulkhead & shock tower, and revised chassis.

K011 Kits and all the Upgrade Kits will also be available at all our dealers and distributors, including Lesro Models.

B&H Racing
21-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Chazz,
Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

The 'Revised Chassis'

Is there something you can do to mod your old X6 Chassis or do you need to buy a new one, to fit the upgraded parts ?

Cheers Brett

Chrislong
21-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Brett,
The 4 geared gearbox switches sides of the layshaft, so the motor plate is also switched - therefore the chassis needs to be drilled and countersunk for the T-brace.

Ofcause, it is possible to do this yourself, but it must be accurate. Chazz is having the work done so this DIY part can be avoided, which to be honest, I am all for, but some customers may choose to DIY the drilling, your choice.

Chris

rcracer
21-11-2007, 11:00 AM
i nearly bought a x6 conversion off ebay.. i think i'll wait for this new one now :D

B&H Racing
22-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info Chris

Phone call to Lesro from me then :)

YoungChazz
22-11-2007, 02:48 AM
We always try to give Family members their choice on things, and here is one place we're doing it in spades. The 4-Gear will fit with the existing shock tower, and the 3-Gear will fit with the new tower.

Therefore, we'll give you a choice of options:

The 4-Gear Upgrade Kit will have a 4-Gear, idler, bearings & shaft, a motor plate, and a template to help you drill your existing chassis. You'll keep the original shock tower. The 4-Gear Upgrade Kit will be cheaper than buying individual parts. Price still not certain, probably around $50.

The X - 6 Upgrade Kit will have everything above plus the new bulkhead and CF tower. Again you'll keep your existing chassis. Around $70.

The New Math Total Upgrade Kit will have everything above plus a new chassis with all the mods. Around $100.

We need final pricing from the tower and chassis work.

We are fitting the chassies for the 4-Gear by drilling and counter-sinking the two holes for the motor plate support and removing material from the rear chassis rail to fit the spur. You'll see where this has been done on the right side for the 3-Gear on your existing chassis -- we simply have to do a mirror image job on the left.

But also, we are machining away material where the servo goes. If you use an Airtronics 94357, it will fit with no grinding. We think that now most people will have to do no grinding at all for servo fitment.

Finally, both E-Speed parts will work perfectly with all the new parts.

janus_77
25-11-2007, 02:22 PM
http://images.fok.nl/s/static.gifhttp://www.2wdrc.com/news_11_25_07.htmhttp://images.fok.nl/s/static.gif

mattym0310
26-11-2007, 06:01 PM
yeh already seen that~! :D not long now...

hickston
10-12-2007, 05:26 PM
almost there

http://www.2wdrc.com/news_12_10_07.htm

Links to shop arent quite ready yet (they should be today though I think)

AmiSMB
10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Great news.

Mike Hudson
10-12-2007, 06:45 PM
so close now...:D:D:D

Chrislong
10-12-2007, 07:06 PM
With no doubt, these are must have items - both the 4 gear AND the CF rear tower... absolutely awesome.

The theory behind the 4 gear is that the kick of the motor makes the rear of the X-6 kick down, therefore generating more grip than just driving the wheels and setup.... does it work? YES!! Massive difference on the track.

With the moulded rear tower, for so long the team have been using either the inside hole, or a new hole drilled further in, the other 3 holes are never used. This new tower gives us the new locations which we use, and we can all use. Not only that, but the wingmount is adjustable, the low position is ideal as it is slightly lower than before and with a forward mounted X-6 wing the downforce is at its sweet-point - not too extreme/nor is it too little. And the additional bonus of the whole tower being changeable very quickly, no more full rear end strip-downs for a broken tower - just 4 screws and the tower is off... (then shocks and wingmount obviously)

Chris

mattym0310
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
can't wait to get mine!

Mike Hudson
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
awsome i cant wait to get them will it be easy to convert the old chassis for the move round of everything?

ben
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Seems these new gearboxes and shocktowers will be a big step forward for the X-6

lil ben

Chrislong
10-12-2007, 08:22 PM
awsome i cant wait to get them will it be easy to convert the old chassis for the move round of everything?

Hi Mike,
How confident are you with a drill? The conversion will come with a template for re-drilling the chassis, as the T-brace swaps sides, you will also need to countersink it. It isn't such a tough task with a pillar drill, but wouldn't like to do it by hand.

Personally I recommend the already converted chassis, its also a good chance to get a spare chassis cheap ;) i.e. you can always build it up to the new chassis, and still convert your current too, either way your car will need to be striped down.

Edit: We've never really chatted at York, but do come over and will give advice on anything with your car. I won't be at Teesside but Dan will - so do go and see his chassis Mike.

Alternatively, PM me your email address, as I always have a camera handy and will take photos of car parts.

super__dan
10-12-2007, 08:32 PM
With no doubt, these are must have items - both the 4 gear AND the CF rear tower... absolutely awesome.

The theory behind the 4 gear is that the kick of the motor makes the rear of the X-6 kick down, therefore generating more grip than just driving the wheels and setup.... does it work? YES!! Massive difference on the track.

With the moulded rear tower, for so long the team have been using either the inside hole, or a new hole drilled further in, the other 3 holes are never used. This new tower gives us the new locations which we use, and we can all use. Not only that, but the wingmount is adjustable, the low position is ideal as it is slightly lower than before and with a forward mounted X-6 wing the downforce is at its sweet-point - not too extreme/nor is it too little. And the additional bonus of the whole tower being changeable very quickly, no more full rear end strip-downs for a broken tower - just 4 screws and the tower is off... (then shocks and wingmount obviously)

Chris

Everything Chris said!!!!

ben
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Dan any chance i can have a go with your car in practice at teesside. Your welcome to a go with mine.

mattym0310
10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
yes cos, he wud like a go with yours! :eh?: hah! only kiddin ben. you guys have been a real help to me in the past, dunno whether ive ever thanked ya for it? lol. THANKS! :D

im gonna be gettin the new chassis i think. but it means ill have yet another spare chassis :rolleyes:

mattym0310
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
you thinkin of gettin one lil ben?

ben
10-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeh ive got one on order.Nahh just kiddin. My B4 is going so well at the moment but i would like to have a go with an x-6 which is setup properly and has the same sorta redio gear e.g. the novak speedo because matt yours is completely different to mine.lil ben

Mike Hudson
10-12-2007, 09:01 PM
thanks guys :) i'll find you or contact you if i need help or advise:D

mattym0310
10-12-2007, 09:01 PM
mine will be awesome once it has the new box nd tower.well hopefully anyway. lol

Chrislong
10-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey Matty, I reckon it will be - and it'll sound far better than it currently does too ;)

MikePimlott
10-12-2007, 11:24 PM
OOORRRRR i just got home and still not available, :(

Paul_Sinclair
10-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Merry Christmas! :):)

Chrislong
10-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Mike, you should have driven 2mph slower - they're available now... good work Paul!! :D

mattym0310
11-12-2007, 05:12 PM
hey chris, anything will sound better than mine does atmo. :D

mattym0310
11-12-2007, 05:16 PM
do you know when lesro willl have them available chris?

Chrislong
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Matty,
I would confidently guess they had a batch sent to them at first oportunity, so do give them a call 01202 499354. There is a good chance you will get it next day ;) speak to Daryl, he'll know for sure.

Chris

mattym0310
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
oright cheer chris i will try tomorrow or the day after i think :)

ben
11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Why dont you try and get the bits for the weekend matt?

rcracer
11-12-2007, 08:55 PM
200 post now ben :rolleyes:

ben
11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
nope 201 now lol

Mike Hudson
12-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Can't wait to get them, perfect timing as i'll have my new shell and brushless by the time its delivered :D:p Wont have to use your shell of red shards anymore matt i'll miss it :(;) hehe

AmiSMB
12-12-2007, 08:20 AM
With the extra gear in the transmission what is the overall gear ratio of the car going to be? Just wondering how much different the pinion will have to be from normal setup.

Chrislong
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
With the extra gear in the transmission what is the overall gear ratio of the car going to be? Just wondering how much different the pinion will have to be from normal setup.

No difference. The drive ratio is only effected by changing the layshaft or diff gear size, the idler gear(s) have no effect on ratio - and seeing as the layshaft and diff are the same in the 4 gear as in the 3, you can gear your new X-6 gearbox the same ratio as before..

Mike Hudson
12-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Would it be quicker ordering them from lesro or xfactory and it would be cheaper from xfactory too wouldn't it?

AmiSMB
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
No difference. The drive ratio is only effected by changing the layshaft or diff gear size, the idler gear(s) have no effect on ratio - and seeing as the layshaft and diff are the same in the 4 gear as in the 3, you can gear your new X-6 gearbox the same ratio as before..

Thanks for that Chris. Cannot wait till they arrive over here in the UK. Shame I have not got one for the MK GP Indoor as that would give me some more grip on the polished floor sections.

super__dan
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Mike, you'd have to ask Chazz that question. Logistics isn't really our area ;)

Polished floor is exactly the kind of area the 4 gear makes a big difference too, the balance is much more consistant here and drifting the car out of a corner is much easier and predictable!

The shock tower means you can run the positions we've been running for a while i.e. laying the shocks down a little more. We're currently experimenting with the inner hole on the new tower and the inner hole on the wishbone (never previously used) and liking it a lot, the rear end is really 'locked in' as I think Ellis described it.

Chrislong
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Would it be quicker ordering them from lesro or xfactory and it would be cheaper from xfactory too wouldn't it?

The price from X-factory + international P&P + import duty should be equal if not more than what price from Lesro + UK P&P will cost.

If you need the items for the MK event, then do ring Lesro as if they have them im sure you can get them to your door next day - car built Friday/Saturday and TQ & Win on Sunday??? ;)

Paul_Sinclair
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I know Lesro ordered some, and they were shipped before any customers were... so they may not have them on hand yet (nobody does) but they should have them before/quicker than you would get them from us. Chazz is really the one you need to ask - send him an email - but I know he's super busy at the moment packing and shipping.

YoungChazz
13-12-2007, 12:57 AM
I've been very sick in bed for 8 days. Only up an hour or two at a time, using that time to get parts in bags and write instructions. Today (Dec 12) was my first full day.

The very last piece is the X - 6 Instructions Addendum which I hope to pick up from the printer tomorrow.

When it rains it pours, I guess. The furnace went out at my house this morning, so I lost about 3 hours to calling the repair guy, making arrangements, then being home (not packing orders at the shop) while repairs were made.

Got all the wholesale orders packed today -- only have to tape up the boxes and take to post office. This will be done in the AM. Lesro and all our other dealers will have a two-day lead on any other shipping.

Will work Thursday afternoon and all day Friday on the web site orders, probably shipping most on Saturday morning. Hope to be all caught up on Monday, that is, all orders through Monday morning shipped Monday afternoon.

Then I get to start at the incredible stack of mail (two piles on my desk) and then 100s of E-mails. We've even got phone orders from US customers. And guys ordering X - 5 stuph are caught up in all this... I'm sooo behind!!!

But all will be sorted soon and back to normal. We're going just as fast as we can -- we want you all to have these new parts so you can tell all your friends how dialled they are!

Spencer Mulcahy
13-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon Chaz. get it all done before christmas then you can put your feet up with a glass of eggnog. I am going to look into getting the conversion for my car soon, do you know how much more the new four gear upgrade kit will be.

Mike Hudson
13-12-2007, 01:05 PM
The conversion kit now comes with all the new upgrades including the 4 gear transmission which is $164.99 from Xfactory:D or £130 from lesro models
K015 4-Gear Upgrade Kit.

Contains everything needed to convert your X – 6 to the new 4-Gear Transmission.

Transmission Case; Motor Plate; Extra AE idler gear, shaft, bearings; Hardware; Template to drill two new holes in your existing chassis for the motor plate support bracket.

$48.99

http://www.2wdrc.com/images/12-10-2007_5.jpg
K016 X – 6 Upgrade Kit

Contains everything in the Kit above, PLUS the new rear bulkhead and C.F. tower.
$68.99

http://www.2wdrc.com/images/12-10-2007_6.jpg
K017 New Math Total Upgrade Kit

Your Best Value! Contains everything in both Kits above PLUS a new chassis, pre-drilled for the 4-Gear. Also, new chassis has more material removed in the servo area.

$99.99

Spencer Mulcahy
13-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Cheers Mike I thought the conversion kit would have gone up in price as there is more to it than before.:D

Mike Hudson
13-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Nope :D Thats the great thing about it, i'll be buying another full conversion kit as i don't have any spares for my X6 and will get all the upgrades at the same time, it will be worth every penny:D ever since ive had the X6 my lap times have improved so much more

Mike Hudson
18-12-2007, 12:37 AM
got myn and mattys order in early this mourning :D:D:D

mattym0310
18-12-2007, 06:51 AM
thanks scamp! :D

AndyM
18-12-2007, 07:03 AM
:(:(:(

rcracer
19-12-2007, 12:49 PM
got myn and mattys order in early this mourning :D:D:D

when did lesro say they would have them in stock ??

hickston
19-12-2007, 12:54 PM
today hopefully (spoke to them yesterday)

mattym0310
19-12-2007, 05:45 PM
we ordered from the US of A. just got off the phone to lesro a sec ago and they think they shud have them tomoro but i guess they will get em later this week maybe next.

rcracer
19-12-2007, 05:48 PM
we ordered from the US of A. just got off the phone to lesro a sec ago and they think they shud have them tomoro but i guess they will get em later this week maybe next.

i too ordered from the US and A :p

Mike Hudson
20-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Our order from the usa has worked out alot cheaper will be even including p&p :D should arrive between 26th and new year :):):):p

rcracer
20-12-2007, 11:20 AM
:D should arrive between 26th and new year :):):):p

is that what lesro told you m8 :confused:

Mike Hudson
20-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Thats what chazz told me :D

rcracer
20-12-2007, 11:28 AM
i was told by chazz my order was forwarded to lesro is that what happened to yours :confused:

Mike Hudson
20-12-2007, 11:31 AM
im not too sure i'll drop another email and let you know, last time I ordered from the us it was sent direct, i rang lesro a week later to ask if they were recieving it and they said they had nothing to do with it.

ben
20-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Our order from the usa has worked out alot cheaper will be even including p&p :D should arrive between 26th and new year :):):):p

Surely you will get caught out with import duty and all those other taxes they give you:confused:

lil ben

Mike Hudson
20-12-2007, 11:49 AM
only £20-30 and ill still be saving nearly £50 from the stuff on my half of the order that me and matty made

ben
20-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I got my atomic carbon from america and when it got to england and into the post office. I got a note from the post office saying that i needed to pay £10 just too pick it up. :mad::mad::mad:

lil ben

Northy
20-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Your what?

G

bigred5765
20-12-2007, 04:00 PM
handling charges i guess

mattym0310
20-12-2007, 04:41 PM
so then carl, when you ordering mine nd my bro's new gearbox stuff. remember its all the stuff out of the bag [from the kit] that includes the gearbox case

rcracer
20-12-2007, 04:43 PM
so then carl, when you ordering mine nd my bro's new gearbox stuff. remember its all the stuff out of the bag [from the kit] that includes the gearbox case

thought yours was orderd :wtf:

ben
20-12-2007, 05:13 PM
woops i forgot a word. My atomic carbon t-shirt and jumper.

lil ben

bigred5765
20-12-2007, 05:48 PM
already ordered so i guess ill owe u some dosh

AmiSMB
20-12-2007, 05:52 PM
As Atomic Carbon are UK based how come you had to order merchandise from America Ben?

bigred5765
21-12-2007, 12:18 AM
TO SAVE MONEY
HEHE

mattym0310
21-12-2007, 06:55 AM
thought yours was orderd :wtf:

i have. but also, you no in a kit comes seperate bags, like bag a, bag b, bag c etc. that all contain different things well the bag that contained the gearbox bits, carl dint have. so we lent it to him "to replace as soon as his ordered parts had turned up". but we still havnt got them, funny that, maybe they were never ordered??? nd carl sed he wud give us one of the a new gearboxes instead. but looks like, again, this has changed.

ill ring lesro tomoro carl and see how much this bag is worth. thanks a lot

ben
21-12-2007, 11:16 AM
As Atomic Carbon are UK based how come you had to order merchandise from America Ben?

Becuase jonathon uses a company called cafepress which is based in america. And as carl said i guess its to make it cheaper for him. Dont think you have to pay to get the design uploaded on to their website?
Suppose i still had to wait a month and a half :oto get my jumper but oh well.:)

lil ben

bigred5765
21-12-2007, 12:45 PM
and spoke to your brother the other day
he said you didnt need it because he is going back to the b4
which is why i said ill offer some dosh

mattym0310
21-12-2007, 03:53 PM
and money is fine, would just be nice if i could have it.

bigred5765
21-12-2007, 05:10 PM
u can if u want then u and ur kid can slug it out

ben
24-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Will anyone have the new gearboxes and shock towers for christmas?

lil ben

hickston
25-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Not got mine, stuck in xmas post probably. Means I'll have to talk to the wife instead of playing with cars :eh?:

niggs98
26-12-2007, 05:22 PM
i know the feeling as im waiting for mine as well but i know it will be here soon and will only improve on the 3 gear version im already running :D rol on the 08 nationals ;)

Mike Hudson
26-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Should have mine anyday now :D:p hehe can't wait, my car is even in bits ready for it :P

niggs98
26-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Should have mine anyday now :D:p hehe can't wait, my car is even in bits ready for it :P

have got a new b4 ready to be rinsed for bits to build it up + have load of spares sdo shouldnt have to use my old car to much as wanna keep it in one piece and shelve queen it as i made mi first nat A final with it ;)

super__dan
27-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Why not leave the setup ready for next years stotfold national? ;)

I was surprised to see Kev sold his national winning XX4 for pretty low money on ebay recently.

xx4-nutter
27-12-2007, 12:33 PM
chris doughty had a picture of his xx4 on his site didnt he with the cells still in it untouched after winning a euro ? or a national didnt he ?

now thats a shelf queen :)

mattym0310
27-12-2007, 04:26 PM
this one?? (http://www.doughtyuk.net/index.php?ind=gallery&op=section_view&idev=12)

OldTimer
27-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Becuase jonathon uses a company called cafepress which is based in america. And as carl said i guess its to make it cheaper for him. Dont think you have to pay to get the design uploaded on to their website?
Suppose i still had to wait a month and a half :oto get my jumper but oh well.:)

lil ben

I use Cafepress in the USA, it means i don't have to put money into a stock of t shirts etc, which i could be better used to develop cars etc :) even with the PO charges it still works out at very good value.

They normally despatch pretty quick, but it seems the hold up is when it gets across to the International Sorting Office in London :(

autoxvw
27-12-2007, 10:24 PM
jonathan,

"another S car" Do tell please? Also, how is the s44 doing? Any progress?

rcracer
28-12-2007, 02:28 PM

there not in the uk yet :(

MikePimlott
28-12-2007, 03:02 PM
there not in the uk yet :(

About right :(

super__dan
28-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Christmas post is a nightmare, I'm waiting for other stuff myself (non racing related).

YoungChazz
29-12-2007, 03:33 PM
We are convinced there are a number of U.K. customs officers whose kids have a great collection of R/C cars... Australia and Canada too. Canada's actually the worst; stuph just disappears into a black hole and you have no idea if or when it will ever come out. Japan is great -- stuph arrives in four or five business days and there are no taxes.

Stef
29-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Hello,
What is parts use to be held the shocktower rear (3310) on the frame??

Sorry for my English

janus_77
30-12-2007, 09:20 AM
What is parts use to be held the shocktower rear (3310) on the frame??

By a separate bulkhead, that's basically held the same way as the original shocktower. one bolt trough the top, the 2 in the bottom that also hold the toe-in bars and then the rear 2 bolts of the tranny which push down the tranny on the chassis, sandwiching the bulkhead in between.

Stef
30-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Where is going this part "1310 bulkhead, rear, X-6" ??

YoungChazz
30-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Janus has it correct, but a bit confusing to me.

The original tower is one piece, while the new tower system uses two pieces -- the bulkhead and the CF tower -- to go in the same spot and do the same thing. You do not use the new bulkhead or the new tower with the original tower. The original tower is less expensive than the bulkhead & tower combo, and we still have original towers available. All Kits now come with the 4-Gear and new bulkhead & tower as standard.

The two towers, #3310 (original) and the combination of #1310 (new bulkhead) and #3311 (new C.F. tower) are interchangeable. We made it that way so all customers can fit either one to any car.

The original transmission and the new 4-Gear both work with either tower system. If you use both original parts, they fit right together. If you use all the new parts, they fit right together.

If you interchange, using either the original trans with new tower or the 4-Gear with the original tower, you must make an adjustment in your trans height shims, but it all fits together and works perfectly.

I hope this fully explains...

Stef
31-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Perfect thank :D

Mike Hudson
31-12-2007, 01:16 PM
When will these upgrades come i don't like the suspense of waiting they best arrive before the 12th or i'll be shot down :(

YoungChazz
01-01-2008, 05:38 AM
It's all in the hands of U.K. customs. Lesro is telling us they haven't got their shipment yet, and it went out on Dec 13th. Left Chicago O"Hare about noon on the 14th. Has not been heard from since.

Shipments sent on the same day to France, Switzerland, Japan, etc have all arrived safely.

I think somewhere there is a son of a U.K. customs official with a big collection of R/C cars...

janus_77
01-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Shipments sent on the same day to France, Switzerland, Japan, etc have all arrived safely.

Orderd mine 11 dec, arrived last 28 dec.

kriske
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Orderd mine 11 dec, arrived last 28 dec.

Orderd mine 11/12, schipping 15/12 , I am still waiting :wtf:

hickston
01-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I have a parcel (not from x-factory) that left the usa on the 12th (I've got the usps tracking number). It's shown as leaving the usa, but not even arriving in the UK.

Wouldnt worry about it too much now, it's certainly not Chazz's fault...there must just be a big backlog at UK Customs...frustrating, but not the end of the world

janus_77
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I had it send to my work adress that might have helped..... dunno.

Mike Hudson
02-01-2008, 09:52 PM
the customs are slacking or their kids have a great new collection of cars :mad:

trekkerkk
05-01-2008, 04:34 PM
anybody in the uk,got there gearboxes yet:(

trekkker,

Mike Hudson
05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Nope afraid not :(:(:( I just hope i have mine before the 11th or im gona have a not so good weekend

xx4-nutter
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
mike if youres dont turn up use youre 4wd :D

niggs98
05-01-2008, 07:28 PM
if mine isnt here before friday the 11th i can see me going down to the customs place and raising my pimp hand untill i get my shiney new x6 out of them :D :D :D

Mike Hudson
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I'd be more than happy to join ya haha :D 'i'll use my strong hand'

YoungChazz
05-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Lesro told us on Thursday that their package is in U.K. but that they have no idea when it will be delivered. How they know that I don't know, but they used their USPS tracking number to talk with U.K. postal. USPS ttracking stops when the package leaves the US.

So it's strange. U.K. postal acknowleges the package is in U.K. but no idea of delivery. Hmmm...

Lesro ordered some other small parts in a separate order. Those were sent in an airmail letter and arrived in four days.

Problem is that USPS is by far the cheapest way to ship. Their price is less than half of UPS, FedEx, DHL and usually their service is just as fast. Of course Lesro must pass along the cost of shipping, so your prices are lower this way But when there's a delay, no telling what will happen. So, we pay our money and take our pick...

paulc
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
you got a pm chazz :)

Mike Hudson
06-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Hope they turn up soon then :) If not.........UK customs will become extinct:mad:

Cockerill
06-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Hope they turn up soon then :) If not.........UK customs will become extinct:mad:

Why? Are you going to do something because I'm sure your the first ever person to have had something delayed/lost by UK customs and are angry about it, yet customs is still around and will probably be around long after you.

Mike Hudson
06-01-2008, 11:13 PM
A large amount of people and Lesro models are awaiting parts from xfactory and there all with the uk customs at the current time and have been for awhile now which makes you wonder whats happened to it all

tc2k
06-01-2008, 11:21 PM
DUUUHHH christmas post.

Mike Hudson
06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
They must be taking their time then:rolleyes: As some of my mates ordered stuff not related to rc at the same time i ordered my stuff and recieved them last week :eh?:

tc2k
06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes, but the stuff sent earleir will likely take longer as new stuff will be sent as they recieve it I assume.

Mike Hudson
07-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Ok i don't understand why they would do that or how that works, i'll be dead happy if it arrives in time for the teeside endurance and the champ night my club the night before

AmiSMB
09-01-2008, 09:19 AM
My order from X Factory arrived yesterday so looks like customs are starting to get through their backlog now.

Mike Hudson
09-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Awsome :):):):):) I cannot wait to get mine should have it anyday then, hope it arrives before saturday:D

bigred5765
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
lesro stock is being posted out to customers over the next day or so

Mike Hudson
10-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Havn't got mine yet maybe 2morrow...:)

:eh?:

YoungChazz
10-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Lesro's order arrived yesterday. They now have all the latest stuph.

bigred5765
13-01-2008, 11:40 PM
got ares finished for the southport gp
what can i say OMG
what a difference its ace
sooooooo much better
well done x factory team

super__dan
14-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I wondered if you had yours in for yesterday Carl?

I realise Southport is not your usual (indoor) track but did you make any setup changes specifically around changing the tranny? I'm sure I didn't really, it was just better everywhere anyway.

bigred5765
14-01-2008, 01:04 PM
dan it worked a treat
it transforms the car completly it flys better and grips under acceleration better
but i guess u new that already
were still running ae shocks as i prefere them on the car
set up is here (http://www.hobbytec.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=80)

didnt really need to change anything

Big E
14-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Your set up sheet says you had a spacer under the front of the gearbox only.

Is that right??

If you have the new gearbox and the new rear tower you should have the same spacer front and rear!!!

Big E
14-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh, and gear it up 3 teeth on that motor :cool:

AndyM
14-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Are you still running the same old set-up Ellis?

can't wait for my new X6 stuff to turn up :D

Mike Hudson
14-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Still waiting for mine and mattys x6 upgrades since the 16th of december :(

trekkerkk
14-01-2008, 06:27 PM
same here :(

trekkker

Chequered Flag Racing
14-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh, and gear it up 3 teeth on that motor :cool:

been running a 6.5b on 19/81, just popped in a 7.5s and it's on 21/81

should I gear them both up for indoors Ellis?

Big E
14-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Are you still running the same old set-up Ellis?

can't wait for my new X6 stuff to turn up :D

It pretty much is the same set up yeah, We have a slightly different rear shock set up now and I have changed a few things to give less rear end now as we don't need it so much with the 4 gear but otherwise yeha the same.

Big E
14-01-2008, 07:23 PM
been running a 6.5b on 19/81, just popped in a 7.5s and it's on 21/81

should I gear them both up for indoors Ellis?

I run a 21/81 on a 6.5. I ran that gearing at Worksop as well and it was fine. If it was a small hall then maybe a 20 but no lower than that. For a 7.5 go 1 or 2 teeth higher, so if you had a 21 on a 6.5 then go to a 23.

E.

bigred5765
14-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Your set up sheet says you had a spacer under the front of the gearbox only.

Is that right??

If you have the new gearbox and the new rear tower you should have the same spacer front and rear!!!

tried putting spacers in the front and rear but it makes the gearbox lean forward, its level that way it does sit on top of the shock tower though
we started one a 21 and dropped it a tooth or two every round, small track way to over geared

Chrislong
14-01-2008, 10:12 PM
It shouldn't do Carl mate, the 4 gear has a step in the lugs (by 0.03") but the new bulkhead is 0.03" thicker, so the gearbox should mount flat. Its only when you mix up new/old parts when the shimmage needs to be different front to rear to compensate.... easy tho.

I use 0.06" shims front and rear.

Big E
14-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah as Chris says you need to take a look at that as it shouldn't do that.

Like I said before with the new tower and 4 gear tranny you should use matching shims front to back, or non if you set it like mine :p

Chrislong
14-01-2008, 10:29 PM
None? :o

bigred5765
14-01-2008, 10:33 PM
that would be why then as I'm using new box and new tower with a .3 spacer under front,the gap under the drive shafts is even,

Big E
15-01-2008, 07:25 AM
No, with the new tower and new box you have equal shims, so if you have .3 at the front you should have .3 at the rear as well.

Just take them all out and you will be good :)

AmiSMB
15-01-2008, 12:27 PM
What heatsinks fit in the X-6 now that the new gearbox has even less space between the motor and transmission case? Is there any news on the use of the two extra threaded holes in the 4 gear transmission motor mount. I have heard that it could be for a fan but cannot see how it can be done as yet.

Gayo
15-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I still don't understand how this setup (tranny height) is supposed to work :wtf:. I find the explanations on the assembly book confusing. What are your thoughts ?

When on power, the bones "want" to be level. So if the tranny is high, the car will squat under power. And if it's low, the rear will stay flat on power. Does it sounds logical to you X-6 users ? My brain hurts ! :p

Big E
15-01-2008, 01:22 PM
What heatsinks fit in the X-6 now that the new gearbox has even less space between the motor and transmission case? Is there any news on the use of the two extra threaded holes in the 4 gear transmission motor mount. I have heard that it could be for a fan but cannot see how it can be done as yet.

You can fit the Nosram big heatsink with a little bit of work, I run this on hot days.

I know what the 2 holes are for as I designed some of the plate shape and put the 2 holes in but I am sworn to secrecy for the moment :p

Big E
15-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I still don't understand how this setup (tranny height) is supposed to work :wtf:. I find the explanations on the assembly book confusing. What are your thoughts ?

When on power, the bones "want" to be level. So if the tranny is high, the car will squat under power. And if it's low, the rear will stay flat on power. Does it sounds logical to you X-6 users ? My brain hurts ! :p

Basically, the higher you raise the tranny the more grip/drive you get but the worse the car will be at taking the bumps, especially high speed ripply ones.

So obviously the lower the less grip but the better on the bumps.

I would suggest to most people that have now gone to the 4 gear to lower their tranny a little if you had it raised. I currently run no washers and even on slick wet astro I have plenty of rear end grip but because it is low the car goes nicely through all the bumps as well.

rcracer
15-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Mine is going to arrive tomorrow :)

AmiSMB
15-01-2008, 02:11 PM
You can fit the Nosram big heatsink with a little bit of work, I run this on hot days.

I know what the 2 holes are for as I designed some of the plate shape and put the 2 holes in but I am sworn to secrecy for the moment :p

Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with.

Out of interest what was the heatsink you were running at the MK GP in December?

Big E
15-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with.

Out of interest what was the heatsink you were running at the MK GP in December?

That was the Nosram one. I didn't really need it but to be honest I just leave it on as I don't often change from the 6.5 I use in it.

Mike Hudson
15-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Picking up myn and matts later this evening if not 2moro:) will build it 2moro or later 2nyt :D

dfank
15-01-2008, 05:13 PM
@ Big E

The gearing you recommend with the 6.5 (81/21) is for the sintered rotor right?

MikePimlott
15-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Ive got mine, Super glued the edges of the shock tower and just opened the holes out a bit as they were a bit too tight.

Rebuilding mine right about NOW

Big E
15-01-2008, 06:01 PM
@ Big E

The gearing you recommend with the 6.5 (81/21) is for the sintered rotor right?

No that is for bonded.

super__dan
15-01-2008, 06:02 PM
No that is for bonded.

Didn't they go out in like the 90's? ;)

bigred5765
15-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Didn't they go out in like the 90's? ;)

hehe:p
:oyeh same as none changable sensor leads:o

Big E
15-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Only for the companies that couldn't get the speed out of them :rolleyes:

Mike Hudson
15-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Ellis what aeriel mount have you used, it looks like it's part of the 4gear designed chassis where as most others are easy to notice as an aeriel mount as the new chassis doesn't have an aeriel mount on the opposite side to where the reciever used to go???

Mike

Chrislong
15-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Ellis what aeriel mount have you used, it looks like it's part of the 4gear designed chassis where as most others are easy to notice as an aeriel mount as the new chassis doesn't have an aeriel mount on the opposite side to where the reciever used to go???

Mike

In the olden days, when I ran 40mhz (LOL), I routed the aerial back past the servo and used the original mount.

I realised this was risky, crossing allsorts of wires, but had no issue ever. The only time I got interference was with my X-5 somehow, although I was ultra-anal in the wiring in that. madness.

Now I have 2.4ghz, i just tape the aerial down to the chassis out of sight.

kriske
15-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Now I have 2.4ghz, i just tape the aerial down to the chassis out of sight.[/quote]

any pics, (x-6)

thanks kris.

Chrislong
15-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I can take a pic, but there is really nothing to see, just a bit of insulation tape holding the aerial down in a curl like a pigs tail next to the receiver.

Mike Hudson
15-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I see I'll be moving on to 2.4 when i have about £350 just floating in my wallet... rare time for that to happen!:o

Spencer Mulcahy
15-01-2008, 10:38 PM
In the olden days, when I ran 40mhz (LOL), I routed the aerial back past the servo and used the original mount.

I realised this was risky, crossing allsorts of wires, but had no issue ever. The only time I got interference was with my X-5 somehow, although I was ultra-anal in the wiring in that. madness.

Now I have 2.4ghz, i just tape the aerial down to the chassis out of sight.

Do you not get any problems with this Chris as I have been thinking of doing the same thing.

josh_smaxx
15-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I see I'll be moving on to 2.4 when i have about £350 just floating in my wallet... rare time for that to happen!:o

Why £350? if your using sticks then the futaba one (cant remember name) is about £160 ish.

Mike Hudson
15-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Why £350? if your using sticks then the futaba one (cant remember name) is about £160 ish.

Cos i'll be after the latest KO vantage, i really like it :p but it costs a nice fortune :( I just finished building my new X6 4 gear so i can use my new shell instead of that horrible red thing i had at teeside haha you should see it at yorcc if you come its a piece of art by tel :)

AndyM
16-01-2008, 06:52 AM
for Spektrum chris, is it essential to have one of those voltage protecter things??

i'm thinking of ordering spektrum soon, but im just totting up the prices.

cheers

Big E
16-01-2008, 07:43 AM

Mike

I actually cut the aerial mount off an old X6 chassis and stuck it on the chassis the other side. Nothing flash.

E.

Chrislong
16-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Do you not get any problems with this Chris as I have been thinking of doing the same thing.

Tut, come on Spence mate, I wouldn't do it if I had problems would I? LOL

Nah, don't need one of those power caps for it, as the Novak GTB supplies enough power to the BEC for it to work well, its the LRP and Nosram which supplies less power and the power cap would be advised. Although I know of a few who don't, and have no issue.

Chris

super__dan
16-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I made one out of an old (small) Mtroniks 'power cap' and an old servo lead, i.e. all free. My Spektrum has worked flawlessly from the day I got it, though I do have aerials on both my cars at the moment but might bin for next years shells.

rcracer
16-01-2008, 01:09 PM

would it be ok to route the aerial wire past the servo if it was inside some silocon or shrink tube :confused:

bigred5765
16-01-2008, 01:14 PM
we did exactly that run it over the servo, and run all weekend indoor nps at all,
but as Chris said if you start to get interference then start from that point to get rid of it , try it and see

rcracer
16-01-2008, 01:28 PM
i'll give it a whirl ;), another question about the shims for the bk axels :) can you use standard washers :confused: i have some tamiya shims but i would need a shed load and thought it be better with one correct size washer as long as i can get the right diamater as i imagine the the axel wont spin in the hub properly if it isnt the right size :wtf:

bigred5765
16-01-2008, 01:31 PM
we found a bearing that does the job about half the width of a wheel bearing

rcracer
16-01-2008, 01:34 PM
i thought about a bearing aswell i'll have a look through me box...cheers ;)

Chrislong
16-01-2008, 01:44 PM
The spacer which goes between the bearings in the XX4 front hub is the perfect size, and easily available, it is cheap too. This is what should be used.

paulc
16-01-2008, 05:10 PM
have you got a part number for the bearings please

thanks paul:)

bigred5765
16-01-2008, 06:04 PM
no sorry part bin used was
carls odds and sods box lol

Chrislong
16-01-2008, 07:25 PM
The spacers I mean are LOSA3016 when using LOSA9986 axles on an X-6. ;)

Mike Hudson
17-01-2008, 01:44 AM
I've found the cf shock tower holes to be very diffficult to screw onto the bulkhead as they are abit tight for the screws so loosened them up abit with a drill, also the 2 screws that attatch the motor support T plate from the bottom of the chassis don't sit flush so again i drilled the 2 holes very slightly so they were abit wider and the slightest bit deeper so the the screws now sit flush :)

bigred5765
17-01-2008, 12:44 PM
cf tower is tight on the screws we had to loosen them as well
i take it you have the new kit we had to drill are old chassis
just bought the upgrade
but works sweet

Chrislong
17-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Yep, the holes are tight. This is for the first batch only, the manufacturer struggled to cut the 4mm carbon and I think we wore out his tools... but we'll be fine for the next batch made. ;)

What I did, is use the Losi tap screw (the silver one) to screw in each hole and over tighten to strip the threads. Then I run a normal 4-40 with a 3/32 head (because its less likely to strip the screw head than a 16th) through the holes and work them til the screws are loose.

No harm in redrilling them, but don't go mad, if the screw rattle in the holes its useless.

Chris

Lee
17-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I cant believe people are complaining about tight holes:confused:

:D

Mike Hudson
17-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Thats just dirty ;)

rcracer
17-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I cant believe people are complaining about tight holes:confused:

:D

The sooner Jimmy creates the off topic thread the sooner you will be happy Lee :D

niggs98
17-01-2008, 07:12 PM
hurrah mine is here at last lol now to get it built for play time :D

Mike Hudson
17-01-2008, 10:11 PM
My X6 looks so nice now, New shell and pimped out with blue and just be4 i converted to the 4gear it drove so nice so hopefully it can only get better
:)I cannot wait to race it this weekend at the YORCC regional:D

mattym0310
18-01-2008, 07:23 AM
my car was built yesterday night, stil got a few little finishing touches to make. the new shell nd CF rear tower look sweet :D will post pics later on if any1 is interested.

great work x-factory, now lets see how it drives.

rcracer
18-01-2008, 03:05 PM

a fan :confused::confused::confused:

Mike Hudson
18-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Didn't you read, it's a secret ;):p

niggs98
19-01-2008, 06:43 PM
well mine is built but will have to wait till next weekend to run it :( i will post up pics once all the radio gear is in it

MikePimlott
21-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Personally my first time out with new bits on,

Car seemed really good, The take off with the 4 gear gb is excellent but it was very slippy on sports hall floor.

What are your thoughts on new bits???

Mike Hudson
21-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Rear end feels lighter and slides out abit more and the steering feels to be abit less than before but that may just be the way my car is setup, after racing at yorcc yesterday the car was good but not at it's best, i've changed the way its setup now to have more grip and steering other than that its really good, sticks to the ground better aswell under high acceleration and also great while in the air

mattym0310
21-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Rear end feels lighter

could that be because of the novak 'light' motor?? :D

i thought the car felt brilliant with the new box, i think it loses steering from them though. fly's a lot better and seems to give better traction on acceleration, which is what it is supposed to do.

what are others' thoughts??

Northy
21-01-2008, 09:42 PM
That's what I found on the 4 gear S2, and if you think about it thats what it should do. Under acceleration weight moves to the rear, so better traction but less steering. But off power it will shift to the front and help turn in.

With the 3 gear box its the other way round. Which I liked more I think :eh?:

G

Chrislong
21-01-2008, 09:52 PM
This is all true.

The handling of the 4 gear better suits an aggressive style and is overall faster. I am the kind of drive who gets to a turn, handbrakes around it and blasts out to get to the next turn as fast as I can. the 4 gear allows me to do this, whereas with the 3 gear I needed to carry more speed and be smoother... with the B4 I struggled as it isn;t a forgiving car, but the X-6 is, and so can be driven faster.

the 3 gear doesn't give as much chassis kick, so this translates to a flatter car. What we found is on a slippy surface, standing start, the car just span its wheel without generating grip. Now the car squats and creates grip, far more than we expected it to do too. ;)

but, with the 4 gear, the increased understeer caused by better drive and pitching of the chassis, is all but gone when on a typical UK outdoor track - such as Grass or Astro or mixture. The car is a real weapon here.

Plus, the mesh of the teeth in the gearbox is perfect ;)

Chris

Gayo
21-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Great info, thanks.

Do you use the "new" setup, i.e inner hole on rear wishbone ?

Mike Hudson
22-01-2008, 12:52 AM
I sold my 3 gear x6 wish i had it for one more meeting with my 4 gear to race them back to back to see which i was faster with as before i converted my 3 gear felt really good and was fast and so was my 4 gear but the steering took me by suprise abit so had to get used to but was still also very fast so not sure which is better for me although i'm more agressive than a smooth driver i think,

Big E
22-01-2008, 09:48 AM
The 4 gear is a lot better as an overall package, but you do need to change a few things on it to get it working really well from the 3 gear.

Basically you need to remove anything you had done to get rear traction with the 3 gear, so if you have any extra weight in the rear then remove that, lower the gearbox and make the wheelbase longer.

My old setup was 30 grams of weight either 0.6 or 0.9 under the gearbox and full short on hubs and arms.

I now run no weight, gearbox with no spacers and long wheelbase. The only time I change the wheelbase is if it is really slippy such as damp astro but for indoors or normal tracks I run long.

I was also strongly suggest the Espeed camber extenders if you don't already have them as this will help with the steering.

For really high grip tracks I am currently playing with a rear roll bar to help get the car to steer a little more as well. Just need a high grip track to try it on now as it just keeps raining down here :(

Chris Doughty
22-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I was also strongly suggest the Espeed camber extenders if you don't already have them as this will help with the steering.

and helps with your wallet? :p

Mike Hudson
22-01-2008, 10:21 AM
E, Is the anti roll bar your playing around with one you've made or is it from another car?

Big E
22-01-2008, 12:22 PM
It's one I have made.

xx4-nutter
22-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I sold my 3 gear x6 wish i had it for one more meeting with my 4 gear to race them back to back to see which i was faster with as before i converted my 3 gear felt really good and was fast and so was my 4 gear but the steering took me by suprise abit so had to get used to but was still also very fast so not sure which is better for me although i'm more agressive than a smooth driver i think,

i can do just that, try mine and then try my dads :p

MikePimlott
24-01-2008, 08:23 PM
long wheelbase. The only time I change the wheelbase is if it is really slippy such as damp astro but for indoors or normal tracks I run long.

Ellis,

Do you run really long wheelbase ie rear wishbones and hubs space back??
Im going to try a few changes on Sunday.

Cheers,
Mike.

Big E
25-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah wishbones and hubs right back.

If it is really slick and you want a little more drive then just shorten it up a bit. I still run short at EPR when it is damp as that is really slippy then but for most indoor meetings and normal dry days I run long. Helps the car steer a little better on entry to the corners, helps it on the way out and is better on the bumps. It's all really down to the driveshaft angle that makes the difference not really the actual wheelbase.

Give it a go and see what you think. What track is it on??

MikePimlott
25-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Will Be at Worksop on sunday, Just going to have a play with the setup.

Big E
26-01-2008, 07:05 AM
I ran full long wheelbase there and the car was good.

delanobe
11-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm interested to buy this conversion kit but I'm a bit confused what kit to get? :confused:

I have a B4 FT ready just need the whole X6 package.

A link would be great :thumbsup:

Thx

Gayo
11-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Linky : http://www.xfactoryrc.com/storekits.htm - You need the K011 kit.
http://www.2wdrc.com/

delanobe
11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
The battery lay-out is still 4+2?

If you want to use a lipo in a X6, is this possible?

Thanks

Mike Hudson
11-02-2008, 11:49 AM
You have the choice of using 6 cell layout across the back which means you can use lipo, or the 4,2 cell layout which is prefered for using nimh for better weight distribution

mattym0310
11-02-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewx6/cells01.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewx6/cells02.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewx6/cells03.jpg

is this helpful? :)

super__dan
11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
The hot ticket with ONLY running LiPo will be servo, receiver and speedo all in a line (into the 2 cell battery slot), with the Lipo across the back ;)

This all depends on radio gear size of course.