PDA

View Full Version : B44 Where from??

sime46
18-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi all. Ordered my B44 from my LHS at beginning of sept and been waiting ever since! Was given a couple of possible delivery dates but unfortunately cml seem loathed to send them to our shops here in the uk. I really want to buy from my shop but cant wait much longer. I sold all my 4wd buggies to make way for the b44 so now I'm stuck unable to race. I was wondering where is best and quickest to import one from and also are you guys able to get hold of spares easily?

KyoshoK
18-11-2007, 10:34 AM
amainhobbies. 3 days EMS express ;)

losixxx
18-11-2007, 10:49 AM
[quote=sime46;71488]unfortunately cml seem loathed to send them to our shops here in the uk[.quote]

A tad harsh due to the fact they havent arrived in the uk yet from associated, shops that have pre-ordered should have them available from the first couple of days in december

sime46
18-11-2007, 11:14 AM
No offence to cml. I'm just fed up with waiting for my new toy. Also missing race meetings that al my mates are doing is starting to grate. Would i be charged import duty on a kit from the US? I see the kit price and postage makes the kit cheaper than a UK purchase. I dont want it to finish up costing a fortune just because I'm impatient. Thanks for the help guys.

Chris Green
18-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, you will get charged import duty on any item from the states that costs more than 18. (or 36, if its marked as a gift iirc).

The duty will be 17.5%, plus any shipping / handling fees from Royal Mail / Parcel force etc. This can vary from 5 to 20 alone.

sime46
18-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Suppose I should wait till UK release then. Must admit I'm a little concerned about spare parts availabilty too. Its only a couple of weeks away. Another worksop round missed tho! That'll be 2 missed now. Damn buggies. shouldn't have sold mine so quick!

c0sie
18-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Lol @ no offence to CML..yet you blame then for the fact that the B44 hasnt arrived in the UK from wherever AE ship them from?

sime46
19-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Well... they are widely available now in the us and cml is the uk distributer so whether its them or ae that are holding them up is not really the issue I was getting at. I was purely expressing my dissapointment at the cars late arrival after promise from some quarters that it would be here by now! Hope this is now clear.

Chequered Flag Racing
19-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Would i be charged import duty on a kit from the US? I see the kit price and postage makes the kit cheaper than a UK purchase. I dont want it to finish up costing a fortune just because I'm impatient.

came across these little programs the other week

don't know how accurate it is though

see attachments

tyreman
20-11-2007, 08:24 PM
The way I understand it is this:

Associated had them flown in to the US

CML have had them shipped in, so it keeps the cost down for the end user, hence the buying price of 210-225 depending on where you go.

The same as you could probably get them for from the US including postage, BUT on a parcel that size, you are almost certainly going to get hit by customs then parcel force.

I suppose if they had them flown in that would add about 30-40 per kit.

It's really not worth it, support your LHS.

losixxx
20-11-2007, 08:26 PM
bri they were actually shipped to usa unloaded then reloaded and back to sea to UK according to CML

c0sie
20-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Not long to go...they'll be here soon enough :)

Southwell
20-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Most things that go to the US are sold there before here, it's a bigger market! Just feel happy that they have tried to release them at roughly the same time, whats a few weeks???? Just run 2wd! :P

sly
20-11-2007, 09:00 PM
23 days for a container ship to travel from Los Angeles to southhampton and 12 days from Jacksonville to southhampton.