PDA

View Full Version : Eastrax winter Series Round 2

jcb
20-11-2007, 01:16 PM
So whos going this weekend (25 Nov 07)

KevLee
20-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Jonathan,

Is there a control tyre? and do you have a postcode for the track please? I'm thinking about making the trip!

SimonW
20-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Carl and Myself will be there.

@ Kev BB minispikes are the control tyre any compound front and rear, and the track is at Walpole St Andrew Just off the A17, it's well sign posted (the brown ones)

Swiss
20-11-2007, 08:45 PM
No postode.. Would not only help with directions but also weather? Whats it going to be like on sunday?

P

SimonW
20-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Who cares about the weather it's astro and with covered pitting and rostrum

MattW
20-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Kev/Paul, Post Code is PE14 7LB.

There are also a couple of maps on the web site i think.

http://www.easupertrax.co.uk/

Swiss
21-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks Matt, what time does it start booking in etc?

KevLee
21-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Carl and Myself will be there.

@ Kev BB minispikes are the control tyre any compound front and rear, and the track is at Walpole St Andrew Just off the A17, it's well sign posted (the brown ones)

Cheers for the Info, what compound is best? i have a load of pinks i want to use up!

Also, do most people do 19 turn? i wanted to run mod, will i be put in a seperate heat?

Who else is doing mod 2wd??

jcb
21-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Kev, would be good to see you up at Eastrax.

I have only ever run greens and used 2wd fronts at the time not 4wd ones. Would think pinks will be ok in the wet, in the dry they could prove a bit of a handful as the astro is longer pile than Stotfold and Kidderminster. It's more similar to Coventry or Bury Metro and has quite a lot of sand in it too.

At the first round nearly everyone ran 19 turn and all the heats and finals were all mixed up. I'm happy running either modified or 19 turn, kinda go with the flow of who runs what on the day.

Swiss, I would get there for around half eight to nine, the first heat is away at 10:30, last time we ran heats on the hour to give time for charging cells and eating food :D

There is undercover pitting and covered rostrum, with some pitting table's too, though it may be worth bringing your own just incase lots of people turn up. Not quite sure where you'd put a generator if thats your choice of power, a extension lead may be a good idea :confused:

Hope that helps.

Oh and weather forecast if pretty good too http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=PE14%207LB&metric=1&fday=5

KevLee
21-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Right, cheers for that! looks like Paul and I might be making the trip! Do we need to prebook?

We are planning on running modified 2wd as we don't have 19 turn motors.

I think we'll bring one table and try and get another one there, are there chairs or should we bring our own? Its always a bit of a squeeze so i'm trying not to bring what we don't need!

Is it the normal 4 qualifiers and a final?

jcb
21-11-2007, 08:26 PM
No need to pre-book.

Suggest you bring your own chair(s)

Yes: 4 qualifiers and 1 final

Hope to see you on Sunday

Lew
21-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Right, cheers for that! looks like Paul and I might be making the trip! Do we need to prebook?

We are planning on running modified 2wd as we don't have 19 turn motors.

I think we'll bring one table and try and get another one there, are there chairs or should we bring our own? Its always a bit of a squeeze so i'm trying not to bring what we don't need!

Is it the normal 4 qualifiers and a final?

Why dont you set the brushless to the stock setting? if it has it on your one :o

SimonW
24-11-2007, 07:55 PM
HELP! My speedo just blew up is there anybody going tomorrow who would sell/lend me a brushless/Any speedo Please?

KevLee
24-11-2007, 08:45 PM
HELP! My speedo just blew up is there anybody going tomorrow who would sell/lend me a brushless/Any speedo Please?

I can bring my touring car with me, there is a TC spehere in there you can borrow as long as you don't blow it up :). Let me know and i'll put it in the car.

SimonW
24-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Yes please Kev, Your a saint

KevLee
24-11-2007, 09:19 PM
No problem, its packed. Come and see me in the morning, i'll be there about 8:15/8:30 ish.

What car is it going into by the way?

spenner
25-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Had a great day today!!!

Track is very nice, features are well built.
Organisation was good and the facilities look good too.

Would be good to se or try some different track layouts as there was sooooo many hairpins.

Think the guys have an excellent facility and with some help and knowledge from some of the guys that race there it will only get better.

Will be looking forward to going again.

mw02veg
25-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Did you race the new yokomo today if so how well did it go

spenner
25-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes mate...

Was very pleased with the car, bit hard to really say how it would compare to others round there but tq'd was averaging 26 sec laps....

Only used 6.5 as i was trying the new speed passion ones of them!!

For first time out with car and first time there was well pleased with it's performance.

Gonna give it try at Stotfold next week as i know how the old bx went round there..

jcb
26-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Was a good days racing shame there weren't a few more local drivers in attendance from both East of England and Mid East :yawn: Nice to see some new faces racing up this way too, hope you all ahd a good time.

KevLee
30-11-2007, 12:35 AM
We had a great day! Its a cool track you have there..... and cash prizes! It was my first cash win in the racing world

Hopefully will be coming up again soon:)