PDA

View Full Version : Anti roll bars....

captainlip
26-02-2011, 01:08 AM
are they worth the £60 and do they do work as durango say? :eh?: after all £60 is a hell of alot for abit of wire and a few pins

mikeyscott
26-02-2011, 01:26 AM
For me the front ARB helped massively at Petit.

dpackster1980
26-02-2011, 10:34 AM
are they worth the £60 and do they do work as durango say? :eh?: after all £60 is a hell of alot for abit of wire and a few pins

If you look in the back of the manual it gives you the part nos of the individual parts.

Buy some M3 threaded bar cut it to the correct lengths and you'll save £45 in total. It doesn't look as good without the titanium, it works so who cares. :thumbsup:

captainlip
26-02-2011, 10:59 AM
funny as I thought youd suggest the rear first! but saying that the rango does dig in alot

dpackster1980
26-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I've only ever ran the front roll bar as it takes most of the bite away. I tried running both and the bite comes back also running both I thought just made the car unpredictable.

I suspect the rear isn't needed because the weight of the cells in the rango down the centre line of the car. In theory it won't produce as much roll on the rear end unlike say Tamiya and Associated for example. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing???? :confused:

captainlip
26-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Looking at alot of the setup sheets a few of the guys run the front arb, but nobody runs the rear, and tbh i can see the benefit I would get from the front judging how mine turns in :thumbsup:

thanks guys

captainlip
02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I hear fronts for indoor and rear for outdoors, sound right? trying to see if £30 a piece is a worthy investment.

Big G
03-03-2011, 08:48 AM
your sig says DEX410, surely you got the ARB in the kit :confused:

kabilay
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
If you look in the back of the manual it gives you the part nos of the individual parts.

Buy some M3 threaded bar cut it to the correct lengths and you'll save £45 in total. It doesn't look as good without the titanium, it works so who cares. :thumbsup:

or titanium turnbuckles from below:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-3racing-3ractr328-titanium-turnbuckle-28mm-p-28592.html?cPath=421_368
Along with some parts described in the manual with less than the half cost you have a full set of ARB.:thumbsup:

ned
03-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I have found that running the front one all of the time on carpet stops it lifting a rear wheel into corners and gives it less bite. As for the rear if you can get away with not running it then there is less chance of traction roll. On some tracks and surfaces though the rear is needed to stop the suspension collapsing mid corner. It is often better to run the suspension soft and support it with roll bars to make it less edgy on high grip surfaces. I never really ran the roll bars at all outdoors as they do tend to affect the car on bumps.