PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions....

Ted Maul
28-02-2011, 01:25 PM
And apologies if they are dumb....

But what motors are folks using in 2wd/4wd at Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre. I have pretty much made my mind up on the speed passion GT2 and was going to get a 6.5 for the Lazer and a 7.5 for when I get a new car (which will be 2wd) sensible enough?

For those who have kids who are just starting out, did you get them an RTR version or race version of what you drive, or just buy the same save doubling up on spares? I'd like a Cougar myself and son likes idea of building car himself so wouldnt necessarily want to get him pre-built version. S1 version much cheaper, but wonder if i'd end up spending the £70 difference over time when he broke bits on it. I want to give him a decent enough car so i don't spend a fortune upgrading and fixing it, but at the same time, he is only 6 and no point me buying him a dex410 with £200 speedo and £400 radio gear either. Heart says get him RTR b4.1 (take it to bits and let him build it again) and get myself race version, what did you guys do?

andys
28-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Personally I'd go B4 for your son. Maybe pick one up 2nd hand, or if you need everything then get the RTR. I know a few people who have sacked off the couger and gone to the B4. I don't think anyone was running one this Sunday ?

Anyway, B4 spares are plentiful, everyone has some ! And they are tough cars.
If I was buying one for my kids it would be a B4 all day long.

Richard Lowe
28-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Those motors are about right, I've been running Novak Ballistic 7.5 in my 2wd and 6.5 in the 4wd and if anything they are a little much for Whitcliffe as the straight is quite short, if you were to go the 8.5/7.5 route you might find yourself wanting a little more at larger tracks. Though I'm really liking the timing advance the newer ESC's have which lets you run a tamer motor without sacrificing top speed, I think the SP ESC supports this though I'm not 100% sure it works the same way as the Kinetic I use.

It's hard to beat the value of the B4.1 RTR, everything you get in the kit would be more than up to the task of learing to race :) Then if you were to get yourself a shiny B4.1 FT you'd be able to share spares, as anything that might break is identical on either car.

You could always let your son build the FT if he want's to build a car :lol:

chalky
28-02-2011, 07:54 PM
yes b4 is the way to go .but it may be a bit of a struggle for a 6 year old to build

Dudders
28-02-2011, 08:00 PM
It's hard to beat the value of the B4.1 RTR, everything you get in the kit would be more than up to the task of learing to race :) Then if you were to get yourself a shiny B4.1 FT you'd be able to share spares, as anything that might break is identical on either car.

That's what my son and I do :thumbsup:

Ted Maul
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Him build my car... doh... yes that is a good idea actually... with some supervision....

Right, thats me sold, one RTR and one B4 in June... just Mrs Maul to persuade....