PDA

View Full Version : set up

snail speed
07-03-2011, 08:22 PM
iv got a few questions about the set up of a mardave
what does puting spacers under the piviot ball on motor pod do to the handeling of the car

if there is aditive on the car tyres what does it change. for example say you put aditive on to some 46shore tyres is it like runing some 44 or 42 shore tyres with out aditive

ianhaye
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM
lowers the rear of the car slightly witch lowers centre of gravity and reduces roll.

stevo16v
08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
never met anyone who has ever had any joy with washers under the pod,it makes it float to much ,so u dont know what the car is going to do,additive all over the front tyres,will give u massive front end bite,run additive on the first half of the inside of the tyre if u want more low speed steering,on the outside of the tyre if u want more high speed (turn in)and less low speed steering.mardaves have lots of high speed steering and lack of low speed that why people use super glue on the outside of the tyres and washers under the front of the wishbones

teamorsum96
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
never met anyone who has ever had any joy with washers under the pod,it makes it float to much ,so u dont know what the car is going to do,additive all over the front tyres,will give u massive front end bite,run additive on the first half of the inside of the tyre if u want more low speed steering,on the outside of the tyre if u want more high speed (turn in)and less low speed steering.mardaves have lots of high speed steering and lack of low speed that why people use super glue on the outside of the tyres and washers under the front of the wishbones

i agree with stevo16 about the tryes but i disagree about the washers under the pod ( sorry stevo16 :thumbsup:i run 2 washers under the pod and find that the back end ist as lose on the exit of the corner.each person drives just that bit diffrent, so try it,you have nothing to lose. :D