PDA

View Full Version : Racing 13th March

SteveB
11-03-2011, 07:57 PM
So after a great weekends racing last week, with Mr Hollyoaks commentary and some close racing, have we got any drivers down this weekend for some more of the same?

Steve

M.Andrews
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I'll be there. Looking forward to the new challenges of the new track layout and new jumps:thumbsup:.

martin so16
12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
i will be there after a hard days work on the track looking forward 2 it mite have a 2wd day for a change :D

jpmatrix
12-03-2011, 08:17 PM
looking forward to see the new layout of the track.

Sorry i couldnt stay a bit longer, had to goto work.

The jump that was under construction looked rather awesome ; cant wait to launch my Madrat into oblivion:woot:.

hotrodchris
13-03-2011, 06:39 PM
A good fun day again thanks Torch crew shame about the low numbers and my motor burning out loving the new layout lots of long straights hope my new motor turns up for a fortnights time

simoncrabb
13-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Anyone taken pics of the new layout?

MrMagoo
13-03-2011, 07:40 PM
It was a really close call between TORCH and Slough (nitro) today, especially given the early weather and the track work done yesterday. Would love to see some pictures after it was all done, just to see what we missed.

Glad you had a good days racing!

SteveB
13-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Sorry chaps, we did not get a photo, if John k is down next week, I get him to up-date the site.

I can say it is about 1 - 1.5 seconds a lap faster, and has some really challenging features that saw lots of mistakes at the start of the day but eased off at the end.

Straight is now great and can really get some speed up and overtake, 511 and 502 great, got down to 28.48 second lap and 11 lap run today. :thumbsup:

SteveB
13-03-2011, 09:26 PM
It was a really close call between TORCH and Slough (nitro) today, especially given the early weather and the track work done yesterday. Would love to see some pictures after it was all done, just to see what we missed.

Glad you had a good days racing!

Your mistake torch will always be better and more local. :p

How was slough today, I bet 120 drivers?

M.Andrews
13-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I wanted to race this morning,but woke up feeling so crap(legs,arms and back sore) after spending the yesterday working at TORCH!. I had a quick spin around the track after the work and liked the new layout and jumps. Looking forward to next week:thumbsup:.

wylie
13-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Went to Slough today, approximately 80 drivers, was a good day, will hopefully be down to TORCH on the 27th.
What was the general opinion of the track?
See you all soon.

jpmatrix
14-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Just wandering. I hnow there was a lowish turn out this Sunday, but will there be any track times / results posted up?

Just like to see lap times on the new track layout.

MrMagoo
14-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Your mistake torch will always be better and more local. :p

How was slough today, I bet 120 drivers?

Definitely more local, about 90 minutes each way to Slough for me... longer for Wylie on the way back, eh Dibble:lol:

Was a good day, only about 80 drivers and some iffy weather first thing, but it soon passed and dried up for a good days racing in the end. Think the leccy driving is helping my rather erratic buggy driving (I'm a truggy man at heart!), I do seem to be getting smoother with the nitro. Some way to go to catch Mr Wolfe though, excellent showing with 9th overall against some serious competition.

Clanfield next week, there's a truggy championship up for grabs and then some Durango action the week after me thinks.

hotrodchris
14-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Took a couple of photos of the new layout will try to upload wheni get back to my pc.
Track was good lots of fast sections and some tricky bits thrown in too keep you on your toes!

mikeyscott
16-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Results up.

I need to check the track out and see the hard work done etc :thumbsup:

Chris, when are you planning on running the Rango?

hotrodchris
16-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Mikey hopefully on the 27th if everything turns up Simon is on the case for wheels and tyres and paid an extra £35 for motor and esc on 4 day delivery of HK.
So fingers crossed.

hotrodchris
18-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Motor and esc took 36 hours to get from Honk Kong to London how long to get from there 70 miles down the road by the Royal snail mail?

mikeyscott
18-03-2011, 06:15 PM
If it's my sorting office about 5 days!