PDA

View Full Version : Regionals 4WD Off-Road

bedsrcmcc
12-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Chris

Before I book up for this series, just wanted to know what Formula you run at. I know I'm running as F1 at our club, but I would expect I'm lower than that at a regional. Should I book in as F2 or F3? :blush:

ek9russ
12-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Scott, not sure how it works but looks like you have to ‘earn’ your grading. If you haven’t been graded before you start in F5.
Not sure if any of the rulings have changed from last year, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37094 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37094)

bedsrcmcc
12-03-2011, 03:39 PM
OK, F5 it is :thumbsup:

Got myself booked in now, so is there any others from our club who want to blow the dust off their 4WD Buggies?

Chris and I are heading off to the regional’s - Chris persuaded me last night to give the Durango a dust off... Who else has a 4WD ready to run with us?

learnerdriver
12-03-2011, 06:45 PM
If you havent done regionals before to get a grading, you start at f5, think i am f4 this year !

At all the regionals, there is an open class, so at the 4wd events there will also be a 2wd open meeting, so anyone with a 2wd can race as well :-)

And vice versa , at 2wd regionals, there will be a 4wd open class

There are 4x meetings for both classes, so 8x meetings in total if you race both classes :-)

Tyres will be schumacher mini spikes, yellow in the dry and green in the wet

You will need a table and chair and a cover of some sort is handy

Power - most people either use a 12 volt leisure battery or a generator

Meetings are all day , generally with 4x 5min rounds of qualifying and 1x 5min finals

It is a good ooportunity to race at different venues on different surfaces and meet people

Best if you bring your own food and drink as there is none normally available except for the round at herts and watford

check the mid south thread on oople OR dmsresults website for online booking

If you want to know any more, ask me or pm or email :thumbsup:

bedsrcmcc
13-03-2011, 10:42 PM
BUGGER!!! :cry:

Chris, I'm going to have to pull out of R1 :(

Mentioned today to my wife that I would not be around on that Sunday and suddenly the penny dropped!! My youngest son's birthday party is on that day. I'm afraid family comes first - pain! I was actually looking forward to it...

Just have to keep my fingers crossed that we have a track location sorted very soon :thumbsup:

learnerdriver
14-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Shame, i will send you a text to tell you how much fun i am having :thumbsup:

Make sure you use the email cancellation link to let them know otherwise you will be blacklisted before you start :cry:

cheers

bedsrcmcc
14-03-2011, 07:10 PM
No worries, I've clicked on the link and also sent them an email.

Darren Boyle
14-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Not seen any email as yet Scott, but I did see the deletion request earlier on the site and hence removed you from the meeting as requested...

learnerdriver
15-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks darren, just trying to give a heads up for the newbies to offroad, I know what problems it causes you for no shows :-(