PDA

View Full Version : lrp s10 buggy

cheapskate
13-03-2011, 08:33 AM
im looking for a 4wd buggy to start off in rc racing again after a few years away and quite like the look of the s10(that and the kyosho zx5).
both are rtr but the s10 has 2.4ghz radio gear.
is anybody else running this buggy?

farmboy
13-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I am - at the York club. I've been running it in the 540 class, aimed at beginners and those on a bit of a budget, and really like it. For the price, you really can#'t fault it. I've swapped various components (radio gear & speedo mainly) but it's pretty much standard. Ditch the hideous tyres though.

farmboy
13-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Talking of which: I've put in a brushed Orion 15 turn motor and was wondering what pinion people would suggest? At the moment I'm on the stock 68T spur gear but will be swapping that for the optional 72T 48dp version. Any suggestions on pinion size? I have tried 17 and 20 teeth and 20 drives better on the York indoor track.

rhino20
18-03-2011, 05:35 PM
19y pinion.
i use the kit tyres on carpet and find they,re fine.
i turn down the rate switch tho.

farmboy
20-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I've moved to the 77T 48dp spur and am using a 22T pinion, with my Orion 15 turn. I found this useful calculator site for the gearing:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/gearwizard.cfm

The Roll Ratio should be as close to 1.0 as possible (one revolution of motor equals one revolution of wheel / tyre).

cheapskate
02-05-2011, 03:48 PM
does anybody know of any company that activley stocks spares for the lrp's?
Apex Models list spares but dont know what their stock levels are like.
Who distributes Lrp in the UK.
cheers,

Mal

Jelly
03-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I have an S10 Buggy that I'm really enjoying owning.

For spares I've been using Freeprawn racing. They seem to stock everything for the S10 range.

farmboy
04-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Same here.. Freeprawn are highly recommended.

cheapskate
05-05-2011, 06:29 PM
cheers for the reply guys and the headsups on Freeprawn racing:thumbsup:
how are you finding the S10BX? is there specific spares i should stock up on?

cheers
Mal

wozza
05-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi. I can highly recommend the new LRP hard, (Blue) spring set: i had been using Yokomo Medium front springs to get it to launch from the ramps, but they proved too stiff, and slightly too small in diameter. I fitted a set of new blue springs last weekend for the regionals at eastrax, and they were spot on!!!. Also, the LRP wheel hexes are great value.
Essentially, keep a spare front shock tower in; they don't like the big landings, but they aren't too expensive either:thumbsup:. Oh, and i use 3Racing Lazer ZX steering knuckles indoors, as our drainpipe tends to rip out the plastic ones!!!, (Hmm, it could just be my driving that one??:blush:.).

cheapskate
05-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi. I can highly recommend the new LRP hard, (Blue) spring set: i had been using Yokomo Medium front springs to get it to launch from the ramps, but they proved too stiff, and slightly too small in diameter. I fitted a set of new blue springs last weekend for the regionals at eastrax, and they were spot on!!!. Also, the LRP wheel hexes are great value.
Essentially, keep a spare front shock tower in; they don't like the big landings, but they aren't too expensive either:thumbsup:. Oh, and i use 3Racing Lazer ZX steering knuckles indoors, as our drainpipe tends to rip out the plastic ones!!!, (Hmm, it could just be my driving that one??:blush:.).

the S10BX i have just got is a rolling chassis and actually came with a NIP front shock tower:thumbsup:.
where did you get the knuckles from?

cheers,
Mal

Jelly
10-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I've upped to the blue springs for mine as well.

Has anybody had problems with their shocks leaking from the lower shaft seal? I keep topping mine up but within the first lap 3 out of the 4 have leaked and the shock goes too soft. I've just ordered a seal set, but if i need to, can anyone recommend better shocks?

wozza
13-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi. I think you might have a couple of bent shock shafts there, either that, or some faulty original parts on the buggy when you bought it!, I've had my Bx for 18 months, and have only suffered with 1 shaft bent in a crash, the rest still have their original seals, so i can't fault the LRP items. Not wanting to be patronising; when you get your new seals, disassemble your shocks completely and roll the shafts across a piece of clean straight glass. Watch for them lifting away in the middle of the shaft?.

As for the Knuckles Mal, i order them direct from 3Racing in Hong Kong: http://www.3racing.hk/main.php . or Stellar models HK might stock them on Ebay mate. be sure to search for version 2 though. And enjoy your blast mate, but make sure you loosen the servo saver off, and put some thread lock on the grub screw in the slipper to propshaft drive cup. Because i've had no end of retirements from my 6.5 turn brushless shaking the transmission to bits during a 5 minute race, so much so, that i down-graded to my 7.5 speed passion, which runs much smoother.:thumbsup: