PDA

View Full Version : Losi Mid Motor 2WD !

jimmy
29-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Interesting

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/midlosi/index.html (http://www.oople.com/forums/../rc/photos/midlosi/index.html)

DCM
29-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Jim, didn't Mr Doughty allow you a topless shot... of the car I mean.

Did they run it at all?

PaulRotheram
29-05-2006, 11:17 AM
as far as i am aware team losi was not allowed to run the mid motor car on the weekend on orders from there sponsors.

although i am very impressed with the the 'CR' spec cars performance over the weekend, alot of which was in the top end of the field.

mine drove really well, even in the wet i could pull consistant times.

ApexSpeed
29-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Interesting. Nice shots, Jimmy.

Everything old is new again, isn't it? :rolleyes:

usagi
29-05-2006, 05:15 PM
as far as i am aware team losi was not allowed to run the mid motor car on the weekend on orders from there sponsors.

although i am very impressed with the the 'CR' spec cars performance over the weekend, alot of which was in the top end of the field.

mine drove really well, even in the wet i could pull consistant times.

One of these cars ran in the qualifying rounds on saturday......when I asked the pit crew for a look after the heat they hid the car under their jumper and took it away.

Chris Doughty might be able to answer more questions about this car.....I was pitting next to his tent and spotted one of these mystery cars under his pit table,he wasn't around so I did not get chance to ask about it.

jimmy
29-05-2006, 05:36 PM
hey up, nah, this wasnt the same car.. I'll upload a photo of the car that ran later but its not the same at all.

jimmy
29-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Here is the other mid car that actually raced, this isnt the same as the other two and uses a bk2 chassis and rear plate with the tranny reversed. http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/southport270506/bigimages/southport2wd78.jpg

usagi
29-05-2006, 07:20 PM
It could be the one I saw.
From what I can remember the car ran in heat 10 or 11.....my memory was a little fuzzy after I fell over on the cobbled section during marshaling. :confused:

DCM
29-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I would just like to know how to make the gearbox sit with a mid-motor, as just turning the gearbox round won't work.

Stu
31-05-2006, 06:07 PM
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/northernracer/southport2wd/5.jpg
I assume the gearbox fits in the same place, just reversed, with the shock tower mounted to the gearbox as normal but now on the back. The T-plate will need new holes for the c/sunk screws from below I assume.

Northy
31-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Looks good don't you think! :D

Any more pictures Stu? :confused:

G

PaulRotheram
31-05-2006, 08:16 PM
that version of the car didnt impress me too much.. i watched it for a couple of rounds and it seemed to struggle for rear end grip in a few sections where the 'CR' would breeze over.

its somthing id like to experiment with my self but my car is driving too good at the moment to even bother with changes this big.

the cars the official losi boys have made seem to be the dogs danglys and i have no doubt they would be very successful if released.

Stu
31-05-2006, 08:34 PM
The other shots I have are essentially the same as Jimmy's side shot, so no, nothing more unfortunatly.

Northy
31-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Jim and I were watching the car Stu pictured and to be honest the set-up looked miles away, but we were so impressed with how early he could get on the power. He was on the power when the car was on the apex, when the std rear motored cars had to wait until they were nearly pointing toward where they wanted to go (straight). Even though the set-up was rubish, the car was sooooo stable! With a good set-up it would have been awesome!

G

jim76
31-05-2006, 11:31 PM
i think that's Kevin Lee's car. He ran it at the local regional a few weeks ago, but switched back to his modified BK2 for the finals.

Garry Driffill
31-05-2009, 07:08 PM
If youre a big enough fan of "The Mighty Chris Doughty" you maybe able to see some underbody shots of this car :lol:

;)

migsy
01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
it depends on how much you want to put into it. you can turn the box around, drill the chassis plate, get some 3mm spacers, a nice cut off of ali from a metal work shop and work to get it done the way you want it.
my losi is fine, granted i use a sensorless system but it does the job. :thumbsup: