PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a nitro 1/8

OneKiwi
15-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Im new to RC started about a year ago and am really loving it with my 1/10 2wd/4wd electric.

Now that the summer outside season is coming Im thinking about testing a 1/8 gas car as they seem to be the most popular, and the local tracks are really for 1/8.

What is a good noob car.
I have had my eyes out and have seen a hyper 7 and a cen matrix and a nanda pro and a 808

Tips hints and maybe if you have a spare one that you wanna sell let me know

Mailny track but a little bit of bashing as well

Thanks

subaru bren
15-03-2011, 10:11 PM
i have a hyper 7 and a hyper 8.5 coming up for sale very soon if your interested let me know ill get some pics sorted for you

ollie
16-03-2011, 01:33 AM
RB One Ready to Race;
Take a look at the RB buggy it’s a great choice for people like you who plan on moving to 1/8th scale off road racing.
This ready to race package comes with an RB engine, EFRA pipe, Savox servos, radio, receiver battery, fuel bottle etc.
Infract about all you would need to actually get racing is batteries for the radio and some fuel.

OneKiwi
16-03-2011, 06:12 AM
RB One Ready to Race
Than looks nice.. but for that price I can get a nice ex race/comp car with lots of spares etc.

subaru bren jepp send us some pics

Kurtje
16-03-2011, 09:31 AM
I drive a nitro MBX6 with a Ninja engine and a MBX6T with an OS Speed engine...
Both are very nice to drive, both engines are very powerfull and very easy in use!

MALLET
16-03-2011, 11:17 AM
If I was you I would get the Losi RTR kit. It has got everything you need, all you have to do is put fuel in it and run it in. Makes any driver a good/great driver :D

http://www.bmmracing.co.uk/losi-8ight-readytorun-nitro-buggy-p-3941.html

OneKiwi
17-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Im looking at a nanda pro with a wholoe lot of stuff
starter box
3 bodys
MOtor a RB killer 9 new revovated with new bearings not run in yet
glow stick
fuel bottle
2 savox servos
RTR without the radio/reciever that I have already

About 350 that an ok deal?

OneKiwi
23-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I found a cheap caster zx1.5 so I got that to test out, see if I get bitten by this class as well :)

Pownabown
23-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I think your looking into the wrong kit in my opinion.
I mean all these cars are ok but what you have mentioned are cars that are has beens.

Things have moved on a great deal and parts for those cars are getting harder to get hold of.
I would get yourself an Associated RC8B or such like.
There is one for sale on maxbashing as we speak.

I would steer clear of nandas and old cars myself

OneKiwi
23-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah I do want a newer car but that still is 190 and say at least 30 in shipping to me for a roller
then I gotta add the servos and engine/pipe

That adds up to a pretty expensive test kit, and unfortunately the local club might not even redo their track this season, shame

MALLET
23-03-2011, 02:13 PM
What is your local club??

OneKiwi
23-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Its in sweden, we are waiting for answers from the council to see if they are going to run a road through it or not. Should get an answer quickly as councils usually work fast and are hassle free..... :D