PDA

View Full Version : Looking to race...

emtee
16-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi all... do you sort the heats by the TYPE of vehicle or by just 2WD or 4WD?

I'd like to start coming along to Batley but I have a 2WD truggy/stadium truck... would that be ok to run..?

*apologies for starting this thread if you have replied on other posts...

DianneH
17-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi Emtee

Classes are sorted to 2wd and 4wd buggies. If a truggy is a cross between a truck and a buggy then we do not have a separate class for these.

We do not want to discourage anyone from racing so I would recommend that when we go outdoors (where we have more space on the track and more time) there is a possibility that, if there is enough enterest, we may offer a heat of trucks and the truggy could be run in that heat. Although some drivers do have trucks the main interest at the club is 2wd and 4wd.
As I am not familiar with these vehicles I cannot say whether it would be appropriate to run with the buggies - maybe one of the drivers can commeny further on this.

Dianne

wacattack
17-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi dianne, I think letting someone run a truggy would be fine. They are still 1/10th scale and typically 2wd so it shouldn't be any issue. Besides, if it gets more people racing then it can only be a good thing

Thanks
Wayne

emtee
17-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi dianne, I think letting someone run a truggy would be fine. They are still 1/10th scale and typically 2wd so it shouldn't be any issue. Besides, if it gets more people racing then it can only be a good thing

Thanks
Wayne

Amen to that, phew... many thanks for the replies guys... the truggy isn't a monster truck... looks a bit like a buggy but all the wheels are the same width and it has a low truck body rather than a "buggy" body... 2WD as said with the motor/transmission hanging out the back...

Having just read the Ansm*nn "mad monkey" thread tho' and then seeing the price(!)makes me think of a little bit of spending! Thoughts anyone?

:thumbsup:

Richard Lowe
17-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I'd say you'd be much better off with a second hand B4, the Ansmann will be cheaper initially but you'll end up spending more if you go for that and start upgrading things like shocks/turnbuckles/screws ect.

You'll also find spares a lot easier to come by trackside, everyone's got a B4 wishbone in their pit box :woot:

Which truggy do you have, do you have a picture? Chances are if it's roughly 10th scale and electric it'll be fine for club meetings :)

emtee
17-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd say you'd be much better off with a second hand B4...

Which truggy do you have, do you have a picture? Chances are if it's roughly 10th scale and electric it'll be fine for club meetings :)

Both library pics but this is it... electric and 1/10th too... Duratrax EXT...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/mcom59/extchassis.jpghttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/mcom59/extgreen.jpg

I did have a B4(actually a B3..) and I came over to Batley a while ago for a few meets with it... wish i'd kept it now..! lol...

Richard Lowe
17-03-2011, 07:44 PM
That'll be fine, it's just a 1:10th stadium truck :)

You might struggle a bit for tyres on the wood floor as only certain things work, anything in really soft american style soft natural rubber will be pretty useless!

emtee
17-03-2011, 07:53 PM
You might struggle a bit for tyres on the wood floor as only certain things work, anything in really soft american style soft natural rubber will be pretty useless!

Many thnx for the reply... the rears are kyosho and are as hard as nails but the fronts are stock and they are pretty hard too... What is the common tyre in use? is it the faithful old schuey yellow or green mini spike..?

Richard Lowe
17-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Yellows are what you want, Schuey green is pants indoors!