PDA

View Full Version : What Tyres?

simoncrabb
16-03-2011, 02:45 PM
What tyres are allowed in the Mid South regionals?

I hear in some of the other regions they are allowing Fastrax and dBoots as well as Schumacher.

chuckie stella
16-03-2011, 02:58 PM
I will try and contact someone further up the ladder than me for you Simon, however, I believe there isn't a nominated tyre for front or rear axle in our region this season.
Matt

Battle_axe
30-03-2011, 07:27 AM
any news my understanding it was nominated by the clubs but i would stilkl like some info sooner

InsideLineModels
30-03-2011, 12:35 PM
There hasn't been a tyre rule in previous years and there is nothing on the entry forms to suggest there is one this year.

At Stotfold its either Schumacher green or yellow. A few are using ballistic greens in the wet now aswell but you won't need any other options than that.

I'll be there this Sunday with a large stock of tyres and inserts if anybody needs anything. You can always reserve them by purchasing on line and selecting "track pickup" if you prefer.

Kev

Darren Boyle
30-03-2011, 01:02 PM
There is no tyre rule in our egion this year....

We too will be there with a van full of spares, wheels, tyres and inserts :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
30-03-2011, 01:11 PM
What's the prefered 4WD wet tyre, ballistic greens or schumacher greens? Got plenty of schumacher yellows and ballistic green/pinks, but no schumacher greens at the mo.

Weather is looking potentially damp.

InsideLineModels
30-03-2011, 02:04 PM
If it's wet and very cold I think the ballistic seems to work better than the Schumacher. If it's warmer, like this weekend, I'm pretty sure that the schumacher tyre will be the best. I think the schumacher greens just get a bit too hard in the cold.

I'll be starting on schumacher greens.

Kev

simoncrabb
31-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Last year for the national, we rocked up to Stotfold with our Ballistic greens, all ready for the wet weekend, and everyone said "oh no, not here, Schumacher Greens"!

Who knew? We didn't. But we do now!

"What's the best way to mount Schumacher Yellows? With the green spot on the inside."