PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know?

gordy
28-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Just wondered if anyone knew how many of the new B44 parts will fit on the BJ4 WE? As I imagine in the UK it'll be alot easier to get B44 parts.
Cheers
Gordy

Andy Moore
29-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Just wondered if anyone knew how many of the new B44 parts will fit on the BJ4 WE? As I imagine in the UK it'll be alot easier to get B44 parts.
Cheers
Gordy

The rear hubs, casterblocks, and steering blocks all fit, as I have them on my car.

andy05
29-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Andy have you tryed/fitted the b44 slipper unit?

Andy Moore
29-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Andy have you tryed/fitted the b44 slipper unit?

The problem with that is front drive shaft dog bone, the AE unit is a CVA and the JConcepts part is from MIP, so I doubt they'll mate up. Perhaps if you have the appropriate lenght dog bone, then it may work?

Deception
30-11-2007, 12:18 AM
couldnt you just put the AE bone in the Front and Rear Center while using the B44 slipper? i would think it would work all you woud have to do is get the bones.....

Andy Moore
30-11-2007, 02:55 AM
couldnt you just put the AE bone in the Front and Rear Center while using the B44 slipper? i would think it would work all you woud have to do is get the bones.....

I doubt the AE CVA bone would work with the MIP CVD axle/shaft. I dont think you can use the entire front assembly (CVA, gear, bearings, etc) because the bearing spacing on the tranny cases is different.

From what Ive heard, the "new" slipper is barely used anyway, its just there to save the diffs when landing under hard acceleration.

albertobdq
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Regarding slipper conversión for BJ4 just ask to "la perrilla de las Gabias" also know as Jordix at this forum. He has converted his BJ4 to central diff and also has a B44 slipper for the car, he can tell what parts you just need to build it.