PDA

View Full Version : new track feedback

martin so16
20-03-2011, 07:29 PM
looking for some feedback on the track so i can improve anything we done on last track work day.
so say what you think and it will be took on board or just pm me if u want cheers martin :thumbsup:

Matt-h
20-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Brilliant!

i think the track is at the best its ever been - credit to all involved in that:thumbsup:. You have done a fantastic job:thumbsup:
I'm sure its only going to get better, few more jumps/obstacles and thats it.

Bit concerned for the marshal on the jump today, maybe drivers could take ore responsibility than going flat out when a marshal is trying to sort out other cars.
I saw a couple of unnecessary(sp?) incidents where marshals were getting hit by gung-ho driving.

Matt

SteveB
20-03-2011, 10:53 PM
The track creates a long lap, but has shortened by a few seconds from past design, however the issue relates to do we want more over taking/lapping??? We can make the track 3 metres wide, this will lose a whole section of the track in the process making it a 20 - 25 second lap?

Can we all speak up here on oople who have visited track over last few weeks and get some more feedback for Martin

Thanks Steve

Matt-h
20-03-2011, 11:15 PM
The track width is good.
Whats is BRCA regs?

If it can be wider at obvious over taking spots then great.
Some corners have one line no matter how wide, so not needed everywhere.

Still a great track to drive

MAtt

RobW
21-03-2011, 08:59 AM
My first meeting at revised track yesterday and I thought it was great – all the hard work put into it is really showing.

Having both jumps close to rostrum is ideal as we can all see them. They were both drivable if you thought about them on approach – large jump you just need to make sure you approach straight on and second keep the speed right down.

Have two bits of feedback which may be just about my driving so ignore unless anyone else feels the same. This is about making a great track an excellent one.

First is that the chicane before the main straight is a bit tight considering it is the further bit of the track away from the rostrum so I find a bit difficult to judge. I appreciate the idea is to slow the cars before the straight but there seemed to be quite a few cars getting caught up there.

Second is on the right hand side of the track after coming off the main straight when you come back across the track from left to right it still feels a bit tight. Given that this leads into the slower section before race control and then the jumps, you have virtually no safe overtaking chances from the straight right round to after the jumps.

Martin - can't exactly remember how much spare space we have in these areas so rather than make vague comments about how we could change it I'll try and pop down during the week and have a look. Don't worry I won't move anything - I'll PM you about it.

Cheers

Rob

r1horn
21-03-2011, 09:30 AM
The track is fine as it is ,like on all tracks there are places were you can overtake and some you cannot .yes there are bits of the track i would change but i hope it will make me a better driver overcoming these bit
you will never make a track which 100% of all drivers will like :confused:,stev and all have done a good job and worked very hard to .:thumbsup:
as long as you come to the track and have a good time that is what it is all about .

STUART
[losi 22]

focusmad
21-03-2011, 09:53 AM
the new track is a lot faster had a good two heats then i broke the front right off my x6 after hitting a marshalls leg,so next sunday out with the new car so will so how the new lay out is,but did like the new lay out and the jumps are good
chris

makinwaves
21-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Have to agree with the above comments. The track is at it's best since I started coming down. Top job all of you guys.

Few comments: There are a lot of hairpin/ sharp corners which means there is only one line and a bit more sweepiness would be a benefit. Bit extra width through the esses (at the end of the lap) would also be nice.

Jumps, having seen the sleeping policeman I thought "Hideous, it'll never work" but actually it's a really cool obstacle for the hairpin just after it- neat idea.

The new table top is very good but is tricky to see the up ramp from the other end of the rostrum. If it was moved more central I think less cars would be crashing and less marshalls would be broken too.

Loving the new faster straight, smoother track and banking and the additional jumps.

Great work so far, guys. This is shaping up to be a really top venue.

simoncrabb
21-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I grew to love yesterday's layout. It was very hard in practice, too narrow when sliding around.

For me it HAS to be shorter lap, and 3m wide minimum.

Even wider on the further away parts - like the straight! More space and overtaking means less mistakes, less marshalling and more fun! And easier for everyone.

The more skilled drivers can concentrate on improving their lap times - which again is easier if you're doing more laps.

The sheer size of the area means we can afford to have it wider, it can easily be a National quality track.

I'm loving all the obstacles, more please!

And, thanks for asking for the feedback, we're all being honest and open.

TORCH is shaping up to be awesome, hope everyone's efforts are helping in their own special way!

Deano577
21-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I think the track is good fun. Building tracks is about progression it's like a car set up, some set ups u like some u don't U just adjust until find the right one!!!
work together to evole what already is great.

Can someOne not do a computer model of the track saving time digging moving etc

simoncrabb
21-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I've thought of another improvement too: with track markings, less is more...

A single (or two right next to each other) is totally adequate to separate two parts of the track - no need for empty 'islands', even for marshalls, they always find a suitable space to stand, in a corner of the track etc.

http://eos.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/TMKRaceway.jpg

Look how simple that is, looks awesome, clear, simple, no wasted space. I bet it results in some awesome racing.

(From http://eos.redrc.net/series/)

simoncrabb
21-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Finally, what's the track area in metres? I might do some track layouts...

martin so16
21-03-2011, 07:16 PM
the table top is going to be moved down so the up ramp can be seen better and going to re do the down ramp so we can run both ways which was one of the main idears when we first done the track more ramps will be made i will make the track wider maybe make it 3m every where but will end up doing quicker laps.
hopeing by moveing table top down will stop marshalls geting hit poor old phil willams got hit twice in the same race hope hes ok i cant have this happening some drivers are a bit 2 gun ho on jumping and it will end in tears going to have the down ramp end on the cornor so you jump and land on the down ramp or you just end up miles away put some skill into it and not just hit it flat out

Crazy L
21-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Overall guys, it's good. My only criticism is the bit on the top left corner of the track, with the 180 deg then the "V" before the back straight, fiddly as a fiddly fiddler doing some fiddling whilst on the fiddle.

The table top is good too, but I agree with comments about moving it a bit to the left to make the ascent a little easier to judge.

top marks though:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
21-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Overall guys, it's good. My only criticism is the bit on the top left corner of the track, with the 180 deg then the "V" before the back straight, fiddly as a fiddly fiddler doing some fiddling whilst on the fiddle.

The table top is good too, but I agree with comments about moving it a bit to the left to make the ascent a little easier to judge.

top marks though:thumbsup:

Prob a Mr B section to sort out the men from the boys :cry:

Deano577
21-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice track

Deano577
21-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Check this

IMG_0640.JPG

SteveB
21-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I've thought of another improvement too: with track markings, less is more...

A single (or two right next to each other) is totally adequate to separate two parts of the track - no need for empty 'islands', even for marshalls, they always find a suitable space to stand, in a corner of the track etc.

http://eos.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/TMKRaceway.jpg

Look how simple that is, looks awesome, clear, simple, no wasted space. I bet it results in some awesome racing.

(From http://eos.redrc.net/series/)

I have to say Simon, you drove the track fantastical well yesterday and you seemed to get the track well in hand :thumbsup:

I have only one real concern is overtaking and general space to do so, The above track is dirt and posses less of a risk to on coming traffic as the grip level is much more consistent and pridictable. So less need for safe zones/islands. I think the track above uses space well but uses 5 hairpins and uses 8 90 degree corners. Very basic but is consistent on driving style.

With smoother rounded corners this aids less chance of having vicious accidents. With the rounded affect on most our track is much more forgiving but does loss width.

We have 4 tight hairpins, and a variety of bends and curves elsewhere. I do not think a rigit shape like above would be driver friendly, this may increase breakages due to taking 90 degree corners at speed.

This is my opinion and appreciate everyones commments. If people like Simon keep posting tracks and we can pick and pull the best from all and make ours suit all.

Remember Ill drive any track and enjoy it, but its guaranteed we will not make everyone happy. But we do listen and take on board everyones thoughts.

So keep the feedback coming but link it in line the way Simon has described.
:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
21-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Whatever is the current state the lads have work extremely hard and hats off to them.

My struggle is the top left, but I do enjoy it.

As Steve said keep the ideas coming.

For me I'd like a wider track, but that's just me.

RWJParkes
21-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Loved the new layout yesterday guys. Was very ropey having not raced for a while but the new track layout and jumps were great and challenging.

I struggled to judge the chicane 'V' before the straight, but I'm sure that was just my bad driving and I hopefully will be better this sunday.

Great work guys

super gripper
21-03-2011, 09:23 PM
some good feedback from people, this is what we need.:thumbsup:

Mark and I decided the table top should be placed where it is to stop drivers having a run up and getting too much air.

maybe if it is moved so the down ramp is very close to the corner people people will have to land in the right place and not be so eager to put the hammer down

i have plans for another 'obstacle' as they are being labled.
(and you will have to put the hammer down to get on to this one :woot:)

but it will have an up ramp if you get the launch ramp wrong........:lol: