PDA

View Full Version : Racing Sunday 27th March 2011

billyboy9002
20-03-2011, 09:30 PM
hi

me and my friend are looking at coming to torch on sunday 27th, i have never raced before and he used to race as a young lad

is it ok to just turn up or do we need to book in?
is there anything special we need to bring/use?

basically im just asking what to expect when i turn up

cheers

SteveB
20-03-2011, 11:02 PM
hi

me and my friend are looking at coming to torch on sunday 27th, i have never raced before and he used to race as a young lad

is it ok to just turn up or do we need to book in?
is there anything special we need to bring/use?

basically im just asking what to expect when i turn up

cheers

Can you confirm a few things:

1. Car 1/10h scale off road? What Cars?
2. Fast Charger for batteries?
3. Are the cars race ready and reliable?

Book in on day, £8 non members, members £6, we do supply club transponders for AMD lap counting system, PT's are the prefered long term solution.

Any other questions please ask

Steve

billyboy9002
21-03-2011, 12:41 AM
hi steve

thanks for the info

we both have ansmann mad rats
mine has a few upgrades as i bought it second hand and has been raced before, i will be running a 13.5t or 9t

my friends is a rtr brushless 12t
not sure or reliability yet as we have not raced them
i have a few spares ready and waiting

i am getting a fusion ethos this week and we both have lipos

RobW
21-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi

The Madrats will be fine - (we already have a few racers running them) and I am sure the motors will be plenty powerful enough for your first meeting.

My advice would be just to come down with whatever you have and see how you get on. Make sure you let someone in race control know that this is your first meeting so they can make sure you are looked after and most important of all if you have any problems or questions please ask!! Most of us are pretty friendly and more than willing to talk about set up and equipment all day and if you do break something or need to borrow something there is a high chance someone will be able to help.

I unfortunately cannot make it this Sunday so good luck if you can make it.

Cheers

Rob

billyboy9002
21-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi

The Madrats will be fine - (we already have a few racers running them) and I am sure the motors will be plenty powerful enough for your first meeting.

My advice would be just to come down with whatever you have and see how you get on. Make sure you let someone in race control know that this is your first meeting so they can make sure you are looked after and most important of all if you have any problems or questions please ask!! Most of us are pretty friendly and more than willing to talk about set up and equipment all day and if you do break something or need to borrow something there is a high chance someone will be able to help.

I unfortunately cannot make it this Sunday so good luck if you can make it.

Cheers

Rob

cheers rob, thanks for your help

mikeyscott
21-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Racing this weekend for a morning session, it'll be Julian and I running the meeting so if people can help that would be great. With the numbers on the up it's hard work.

Our Chairman and superstar SteveB will be taking a back burner for a while. Congrats mate :thumbsup: An opportunity for someone else to take the glory.

So lets have a great meeting and also all help each other. 4WD for me whilst I try and sort out a pig of a Durango (before it gets raffled).

MrMagoo
21-03-2011, 01:30 PM
If all goes well I'll be running 4wd with my Rango, but i'll make sure I bring my box of 'Rat spares just in case! It's a great little racer, and much maligned in the UK just because of the Ansmann name:thumbdown:

I've run 8.5T in mine and it's been a really good way to get into the electric scene. Not so fast it gets you into major trouble, but quick enough to have a good race.

wylie
21-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I should be there Sunday 4wd for me.
Looking forward to seeing the new layout and finding out what the jumps are like.

DHB
21-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Tony

All I can say is a car killer for you:p

Dan

wylie
21-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Have you got the date right :p

DHB
21-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I should be down to race, not sure 2 or 4wd yet. But I will help Mike. How much are raffle tickets by the way?:D

jamiekerr14
22-03-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm hoping to be there to give the Rango a blast.. and get the setup more dialled. Looking forward to the new track. Always nice to have change and jumps! Lets hope for some nice weather!:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
22-03-2011, 07:08 AM
I should be down to race, not sure 2 or 4wd yet. But I will help Mike. How much are raffle tickets by the way?:D

Corrected :)

Nige
22-03-2011, 08:37 AM
4WD for me :thumbsup:

Though not looking forward to the clocks changing - one less hour in bed. So as we lose 1 hour based on current time I'll have to wake up at 5:30am rather than the normal 6:30am :cry:

Dudders
22-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Adam's been picked for Alton Hockey this week so we'll not be racing Sunday, he's :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

simoncrabb
22-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I should be down with 4wd again. Durango + ORCA was awesome last week, think it could be even better.

Please get in touch if you want us to put anything to one side from the shop for you.

(Two 27th threads?)

martin so16
22-03-2011, 07:13 PM
i will be there hopeing to see some more losi 22 down at torch im just waiting for my sx3 any one know when they are going to be out ? :thumbsup:

simoncrabb
22-03-2011, 11:10 PM
SX3 should be around the end of April...

Happy to take pre-orders for them, prices on our website.

Briangb
23-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Guys. I am not known at TORCH, unless you are a Clanfield regular.
Well surprise of all surprises, I have now finished my winter project. The build of my AE B44.1 is now completed and I am ready to roll. Problem is I can't make it this week, but am planing to be there on 3rdApril. Hope the weather holds out. Cannot work out why it has taken me so long to drag myself the 3 miles from home to TORCH, although I have been up a couple of times to spectate. Have to say, just like the committee at Clanfield, you have worked incredbly hard throughout the winter, and have a first class track. I am looking forward to driving on it with my first experince of 1/10 scale electric.
Hope you all have a good day Sunday

hotrodchris
23-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Rango is ready to roll on sunday looking forward to it:thumbsup:

focusmad
23-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Just getting to the end of building my new losi 22 after killing my x6 last sunday,really looking forward to getting on the track and racing again:thumbsup:
chris

mikeyscott
24-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Doubt I'll be racing this weekend, found a broken part on the durango and I can't find it in stock at my normal places. Add to the fact that the chimps that do the post can't even deliver from Bournemouth within 5 days, I've got no chance.

Plus I'm not paying the rip off durango delivery charges. 2WD, well that's in bits and I'm not putting that back together.

mikeyscott
24-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Many thanks for MR RCLazy, so fingers crossed it doesn't take Royal Snail a week to deliver from Bournemouth this time..

martin so16
24-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Doubt I'll be racing this weekend, found a broken part on the durango and I can't find it in stock at my normal places. Add to the fact that the chimps that do the post can't even deliver from Bournemouth within 5 days, I've got no chance.

Plus I'm not paying the rip off durango delivery charges. 2WD, well that's in bits and I'm not putting that back together.

cant race you got shit loads of cars u could use :confused:

mikeyscott
24-03-2011, 06:21 PM
cant race you got shit loads of cars u could use :confused:

Nope, got nothing in once piece ready. Hopefully private snail can deliver my durango stuff tomorrow at which point I'll be rolling.

Next up is my nosram ESC back from Stu and get a XXCR running. That ole girl is awesome and I haven't loved her since August 2009, which is just wrong.

martin so16
24-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Nope, got nothing in once piece ready. Hopefully private snail can deliver my durango stuff tomorrow at which point I'll be rolling.

Next up is my nosram ESC back from Stu and get a XXCR running. That ole girl is awesome and I haven't loved her since August 2009, which is just wrong.

well lets hope snail mail turns up

mikeyscott
24-03-2011, 06:29 PM
well lets hope snail mail turns up

Indeed. Maybe I should borrorw one of Steve's 511s ;) - mmm 5.5 mmm maybe not.

r1horn
24-03-2011, 08:25 PM
will be there running my losi 22 after stev b set it up for me last week at the track
just hope i can drive it half as good as him:lol:

stuart

mikeyscott
24-03-2011, 08:26 PM
will be there running my losi 22 after stev b set it up for me last week at the track
just hope i can drive it half as good as him:lol:

stuart

Stu, can you bring my nosram with you please from the 4WD car you ran?

robelmes
24-03-2011, 10:01 PM
i'll be there this weekend with 4wd :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
24-03-2011, 10:10 PM
If you haven't raced with us before, please send me your details etc.

billyboy9002
25-03-2011, 10:20 AM
mikey- what details would you like?

cheers

mikeyscott
25-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Name
Class 2wd / 4wd
Frequencies
Ability 1 - 10 : 10 being highest
Pt number if you have one

mikeyscott
25-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks to Simon looks like I'll be rolling with the brut on Sunday

focusmad
25-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Mikey,looking like royal mail have lost my new saddle lipos:(so as my boy wants to race on sunday i can help out with the running of the meeting and not running my new 22 so not happy
chris

hotrodchris
25-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks to Simon looks like I'll be rolling with the brut on Sunday

Mikey if you get stuck ill have my spare Rango with me

jamiekerr14
25-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Rango has been rebuilt fresh oils and a few setup tweaks, cant wait till sunday now. Hopefully the weather keeps nice for us! May get some testing done afterwards too. looking forward to it:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
25-03-2011, 09:10 PM
see you sunday Jamie:thumbsup:

jpmatrix
25-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Working again this Sunday so cant make it :thumbdown:.

Just transfering all my electrics from the Madrat to the SK10. Should be good for next weekend and looking forward to some budget 4wd action with the SK10:woot:.

James

Deano577
26-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Please can some bring some spare crystals down as I been let down by my suplyer

wylie
26-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I have some 40mhz FM Sanwa crystals if they are of use

simoncrabb
26-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Chris Ellis: you got pm - you can borrow lipos from us no problemmo.

mikeyscott
26-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Mikey if you get stuck ill have my spare Rango with me

Thanks Chris, all sorted thanks to Simon @ RCLazy :)

Just hope the Durango isn't such a b*tch to drive this week. Got a few things to try, but it's just way way too pointy for me. It's easier to drive in the wet!

hotrodchris
27-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Another spot on day at Torch track was awesome and loving the Rango 10 lapper and A Final as well brilliant day, plus good banter and bright sunshine

martin so16
27-03-2011, 04:38 PM
was good day today thanks to rc lazy mark and simon for helping me sort out the track after raceing and thanks to the test drivers after jamie tony chris mr magoo simon mark :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mikeyscott
27-03-2011, 04:39 PM
was good day today thanks to rc lazy mark and simon for helping me sort out the track after raceing and thanks to the test drivers after jamie tony chris mr magoo simon mark :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many many thanks for your hard work as every :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
27-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Results up

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/2011/mtg63/index.htm

I didn't do to badly with a pig of a car.

Shame a broke in the final on the very first corner :(

hotrodchris
27-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Good job Mikey getting the results up so quickly:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mikeyscott
27-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Good job Mikey getting the results up so quickly:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not a prob.

Enjoyed the racing all be it the jury is still out for my Duango. I may be putting down some ok times, but boy it's on a knife edge..

Maybe time for a bit of blue and red belt action.. Stotfold will put that one to bed..

Deano577
27-03-2011, 05:36 PM
What a great morning, some great racing in all classes looking forward to next week

simoncrabb
27-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Great day, pity it took me all day to get on the pace, left it too late. Never mind!

MrMagoo
27-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Any time you qualify behind me you know it's a bad day!

A big thanks to those who ran another excellent morning of racing, and to Martin and everyone involved in the latest track work. I think the current layout is excellent, and should produce some great racing.

M.Andrews
27-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Results up

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/2011/mtg63/index.htm

I didn't do to badly with a pig of a car.

Shame a broke in the final on the very first corner :(
Sorry Mikey,it was myself and one other that clashed with your car on the first corner,what got damaged?.

simoncrabb
27-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Short blog from today: http://rclazy.com/blog/2011/03/27/always-late-to-the-party/

mikeyscott
28-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Sorry Mikey,it was myself and one other that clashed with your car on the first corner,what got damaged?.
Mark that's racing. No worries. Think I made servo saver too tight

simoncrabb
28-03-2011, 07:06 AM
It can never be too tight! I didn't break a servo yesterday with my solid saver... No no, that didn't happen.

mikeyscott
28-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Broke the horn. You did blow a servo??!

simoncrabb
28-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Well, something happened to the servo. I'll be carrying out KO surgery to two KO 2343s this week... Maybe it'll teach me for using old used servos, even if they were £120 a pop originally, and I've got 4 of them!...

RobW
28-03-2011, 07:35 AM
So how did the Losi 22s go?

Saw the results page but these do not always tell the whole story.

Rob

focusmad
28-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Rob,finished mine on sunday morning just before racing started no time to try it before the first race but it went well for the first meeting need to do a bit of work on the hanlding but it is 2sec faster then my x6 already so well happy with it,thanks to simon at rc lazy for helping me out to get the 22 running this sunday:thumbsup:
chris

RobW
28-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Rob,finished mine on sunday morning just before racing started no time to try it before the first race but it went well for the first meeting need to do a bit of work on the hanlding but it is 2sec faster then my x6 already so well happy with it,thanks to simon at rc lazy for helping me out to get the 22 running this sunday:thumbsup:
chris

Well that's not what I wanted to hear - I thought you were plenty quick enough with the X6!!!

Hoping to make it down this Sunday so I can see one racing in the flesh. Not sure whether Mother's Day means I have to stay at home even though she is my missus not me mother but since when did logic come into it:confused:.

My sensible side says changing a car which will need new lipos and cannot use my existing wheels/tyres is not worth it given my driving ability but I can already feel myself trying to rationalise buying one.

Maybe I could hit a marshall and break my X6:p

Rob

focusmad
28-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Very funny rob :pwe will see how fast it is when i race your x6,the 22 is so nice to drive out of the box,the new springs i fitted made it handle better not shore on the hrc at the rear will need more time on the track to see,but it is a sweet car,now looking forward to my racing again:thumbsup:
chris

maseace
28-03-2011, 05:16 PM
really enjoyed it after 20 year out, the mad rat was ok in fact, think its good enough for b level if not more with the right bits, just the lack of using it as i thought i would just turn up get it out of the box and race, not the best idea for me or the car ha ha, back next week and hoping to improve on my best lap of 38, it was just a shame all the rest where 50s and everyone else was low 30's ha ha. it was also good that you were made to feel welcome and the track is very good, very good morning out.

r1horn
29-03-2011, 10:45 PM
had a good day first run with my 22 had some had some good and bad races but still had a great day .
Track is really good .
looking forward to sunday

stuart