PDA

View Full Version : X-6 Squared?

Fiddybux
02-12-2007, 05:30 PM
I heard a rumour today that the xfactory boys were working on the X-6 squared.

Is there any truth in this as I'm in the market for a new 2WD?

Paul_Sinclair
02-12-2007, 06:49 PM
No, there's no X - 6 squared in the works. We are very, very, very close to releasing two fairly major upgrades though: the new 4 gear transmission case and the new two piece rear shocktower. The transmission case reverses the direction of the motors rotation and so helps the car gain traction on accelerate and fly well over jumps, and the new shocktower has a stronger molded base and a 4mm carbon fiber upper piece that has revised shock mounting and wing mount holes (as well as looking cool as anything).

Chrislong
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I heard a rumour today that the xfactory boys were working on the X-6 squared.

Is there any truth in this as I'm in the market for a new 2WD?

Were you at Batley today Russ? Somebody asked me about this today too and I gave the same answer as Paul gave...

AmiSMB
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
No, there's no X - 6 squared in the works. We are very, very, very close to releasing two fairly major upgrades though: the new 4 gear transmission case and the new two piece rear shocktower. The transmission case reverses the direction of the motors rotation and so helps the car gain traction on accelerate and fly well over jumps, and the new shocktower has a stronger molded base and a 4mm carbon fiber upper piece that has revised shock mounting and wing mount holes (as well as looking cool as anything).

I am really looking forward to getting the new transmission case and shock tower for my X-6. Will the upgrade kits be on sale before the new revised X-6 conversion kits?

Paul_Sinclair
02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
The plan right now is that as soon as the upgrade kits are on sale the X - 6 kit will be revised and available at the same time. That is, it'll be a running change to the X - 6 conversion kit. What you see on the top of 2wdrc.com, in fact, is Chazz putting together new Bag D's for the revised X - 6 kits.

Now, that said, the shop that's doing the work on the chassis is taking their sweet time about it :mad:, which is the primary reason the kits haven't already been released. If they don't get their act together quickly, we may be forced to release the new parts, and then make the revised X - 6 kits available like a week later. Chazz has been talking/"encouraging" this shop almost daily, so we'll see what happens.

Lee
02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Paul,

will you have any of the new bits with you next week at the JC clash?;)

Paul_Sinclair
02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
We'll have new bits with us - they're on my car now, in fact. I don't know if we'll have any for sale down there - send an email to Chazz and ask him.

Fiddybux
02-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Were you at Batley today Russ? Somebody asked me about this today too and I gave the same answer as Paul gave...

Hi Chris,

No mate, I was at Southport as usual giving my XXX a bashing.

I bashed it up so good I was thinking about the X6!

You coming to the GP in Southport? Should be a good one.

Russ.

P.S. God I hate Strictly Come Dancing, missus is making me watch it on video that she recorded earlier. Sigh! :(

Lee
02-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi Chris,

, missus is making me watch it on video that she recorded earlier. Sigh! :(

That old chestnut;):D

Chrislong
02-12-2007, 10:28 PM
he he, I think we have found a closet fan of strictly come dancing ;)

I need to check dates of the GP, if it clashes with Worksop or NE regional then I can't, otherwise, YEH!

Chris

Chrislong
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I need to check dates of the GP, if it clashes with Worksop or NE regional then I can't, otherwise, YEH!

Checked: and im booked in for the SRCC GP now, 4wd :D

usafaircrew
15-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey Lee, the clash was a blast. You and Richard looked great on the track. Hopefully you will be there again next year. Take care.