PDA

View Full Version : DURANGO D joints ??????

stegger
02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
What's the purpose of these ? Is it to smooth out the transmission ?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/cheshiremodelcars/fri-durangoshaft-2.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/cheshiremodelcars/fri-durangoshaft-1.jpg

Looks like they are ready for production looking at the laser markings ! ;)

Adam Skelding
02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
They are for reducing drivetrain losses due to the constant angle of the centre CVD's.
We've been testing them since Cactus, we'll release them when they've been approved by the team.

Keep an eye out On the TD website.

traffman
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Lol i was looking at that picture thinking err why are mine missing? And what the hell are they? Until i read the reply below/above.

I didnt even know these were on test , where do you guys search for this stuff? Im getting too old.

Chequered Flag Racing
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
do you guys search for this stuff? Im getting too old.

pictures are from EOS series on redrc

http://eos.redrc.net/gallery/

stegger
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM
where do you guys search for this stuff? Im getting too old.

Just got to know were to look fella ;):p
Question for adam though, this will mean new center drive shafts won't it ?

ryanlownie
02-04-2011, 04:10 PM
The T3 has these as an option for the outboard driveshafts and I've seen them on the D8 too, theory is sound on them to be honest, should be good!

stegger
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Does it just stop the chatter that you can get with it being on an angle ?

ryanlownie
02-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, Xray call them equalizer's or something like that. It should smoothen out the whole action and reduce and bad vibrations/wobbles.

traffman
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Lol , the drivetrain is a touch shakey when you give it a wee blast with the car unloaded so i guess this is a good thing.

However after forking out on a 2010 spec motor mount an spur mount plus the strap ill wait a tad longer.

Dazzler
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Lol , the drivetrain is a touch shakey when you give it a wee blast with the car unloaded so i guess this is a good thing.

However after forking out on a 2010 spec motor mount an spur mount plus the strap ill wait a tad longer.

Did you also get the 2010 spec gearbox mounts that complement the changes you mention, as these alter the angle of the rear diff housing, ensuring the correct clearance over the batteries. Have a look on Durango tip's and tricks 13th July 2010 update to see: - http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?cat=3 Just a thought as you hadn't mentioned it in your list.

Big G
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM
One little point. I hope the alloy locator will be the same gold colour the other items are. It looks out of place in orange :(

simoncrabb
04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
They are for reducing drivetrain losses due to the constant angle of the centre CVD's.
We've been testing them since Cactus, we'll release them when they've been approved by the team.

:thumbsup: Looking good!

I wonder if off-road will begin to use double joints on driveshafts as are becoming popular in on-road?

Adam Skelding
07-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Just got to know were to look fella ;):p
Question for adam though, this will mean new center drive shafts won't it ?

Only just spotted this...
There will be a set to allow you to upgrade completely which will contain.
1 Front D/S
1 Rear D/S
2 Djoint Collars
2 Djoint Inputs
4 Barrels
4 Pins
4 Grub Screws

The stock driveshafts won't fit due to the way the Djoint works, there is some hidden clever-ness going on!

They've been in my car for Cactus, Worksop, RHR testing and RHR Spring Cup.. No issues, no loosening pins, just a little quieter sounding car and very free!

stegger
07-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Cheers Mr S :thumbsup:

AndyG
03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
any update on this upgrade?

My front gearbox CVD came loose on Sunday and the cylinder (I believe!!) then fell away into the ESC shorting it out.

So I'm already looking at either a) repair the CVD joint 'as is', b) Get (God knows from where!) the Tresrey upgrade, or c) THIS !!

Would prefer this !

Big G
03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I've found the rear joint got a lot of dust in the black grease and since a super clean and a boot fitted it's running a lot smoother.

The front wasn't too bad, but I booted that too anyway since I had 1 spare.

Carlos69
22-06-2011, 07:32 AM
TD,
Any news on these ? all quiet.... wondering if testing found they are not worth the trouble :confused: