PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Hex Fit Issue

corsair
02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

This is my second complaint of the fit issues of the 2010 spec kit...and both of these issues are not the only issues I've faced so far.

I'm short of emailing TD and telling them I will ship everything back to them and get some sort of refund. The fit of some things are so bad that it is not even funny.

Latest fit issue is the front wheel hex. Yes! Wheel hex. This is the first time ever I have this issue. I'm not sure what kind of QC goes into TD kits, but one hex fits fine and the other just plain won't go in.

Attached is the image of what I mean. It looks like I have to buy a whole new set of wheel hexes from Aman....

*rant over*

discothesnake
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Is this forum turning into a complaints department?? when are people going to realise that we all experience problems with missing parts, ill fitting parts etc. Why do people come on here moaning rather than contacting the company in question? We had one on here earlier in the week which to be honest, became embarrassing. The sooner it gets back to being a helpful forum, the better.

corsair
02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Is this forum turning into a complaints department?? when are people going to realise that we all experience problems with missing parts, ill fitting parts etc. Why do people come on here moaning rather than contacting the company in question? We had one on here earlier in the week which to be honest, became embarrassing. The sooner it gets back to being a helpful forum, the better.

Well.... I'm new to this kit and I did not know about the legendary problems the kit has had.

So... if you wish to make this thread useful, any advice to help me rectify the problem, besides contacting the parent company in question?

JohnM
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I've not had this problem on mine, but did have a problem with the rear hexes on my Losi 22 going over the axles, just gave it a little work with a round Dremel bit (a round file should work ok to) and it was fine.

discothesnake
02-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Well if I purchased a set of hexes and there was a problem, surely the first thing to do would be to get in contact with the company who sold you them.

stegger
02-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Beat me to it fella, it doesn't hurt to pick up the phone or write an email to whatever company or the shop you bought it from. All company's deal with issues everyday and deal with those issues in a polite manner. Please can people get a grip. :thumbdown: I had an issue with a bent center drive shaft, i gave it back to my LHS and i had a new one sent back to me within a week with an appology :thumbsup: It's COMMUNICATIONS like this that keeps the customer and the supplier informed of any issues. Some of the threads on here this week have been way over the top, so people take a breath, if you have a problem pick up a phone or write an email.

corsair
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Beat me to it fella, it doesn't hurt to pick up the phone or write an email to whatever company or the shop you bought it from. All company's deal with issues everyday and deal with those issues in a polite manner. Please can people get a grip. :thumbdown: I had an issue with a bent center drive shaft, i gave it back to my LHS and i had a new one sent back to me within a week with an appology :thumbsup: It's COMMUNICATIONS like this that keeps the customer and the supplier informed of any issues. Some of the threads on here this week have been way over the top, so people take a breath, if you have a problem pick up a phone or write an email.

Oh, email is sent to TD before posting it here as well. LHS dun stock TD's parts, so I'm in for a long wait again.

I'm just keen to see if other people have the same problems as well, and if people construe this as whinging, it is fine as well. Internet forums are a great place for people to band together and whinge, aint it, especially if a product has QC issues.

In general, aint the whinging can also be construed as a public service for future purchasers to make an informed decision? Like one of my mates said, if TD is indeed "SERIOUS ABOUT RACING", then we all seriously want an address of all the issues pertaining to 2010 spec kits. :)

stegger
02-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh, email is sent to TD before posting it here as well. LHS dun stock TD's parts, so I'm in for a long wait again.

I'm just keen to see if other people have the same problems as well, and if people construe this as whinging, it is fine as well. Internet forums are a great place for people to band together and whinge, aint it, especially if a product has QC issues.

In general, aint the whinging can also be construed as a public service for future purchasers to make an informed decision? Like one of my mates said, if TD is indeed "SERIOUS ABOUT RACING", then we all seriously want an address of all the issues pertaining to 2010 spec kits. :)

In your first post you said "I'm short of emailing TD and telling them I will ship everything back to them and get some sort of refund" So which is it did you or didn't you post an email ? It still doesn't change the fact that people, not just yourself come on to a public forum complaining about a product instead of going to the shop where you bought it or contacting the distributor.

corsair
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
In your first post you said "I'm short of emailing TD and telling them I will ship everything back to them and get some sort of refund" So which is it did you or didn't you post an email ? It still doesn't change the fact that people, not just yourself come on to a public forum complaining about a product instead of going to the shop where you bought it or contacting the distributor.

Email posted. My bad in whether it was before after initial post. However, I still needed to hi-light this in the forum, whether to whinge or to seek information is still my prerogative. :)

Shop where I got it from is hundreds of miles away. Like I said, LHS doesn't stock TD kits or parts. Acquired it while on a trip.

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
02-04-2011, 10:32 PM
What is it? ... Pick on Team Durango week! lol

It's not even a serious problem, just get a thin file around the edges and it will slip right on! This is probably one of those "1 in a 1000 chances" of getting a dud part. When companies mass produce such high number of parts, you will always get the odd one that has a little niggle somewhere. You make 20,000 wheel hexes and see if every single one comes out perfect...

coleman758
02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
To be fair though regardless of what the problem is, even if you can fix it easy you really shouldn't have to. Each item should be as good as the first. regardless of the qtys produced. that goes for any item (not just Durango) especially when its costing that amount of money.

I'm not having a go don't get me wrong. But at the end of the day if Durango will replace it i can't see the problem?

reg
03-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Durango are very good at sorting any problems,if you go on there website,get there phone number(ashby-dla-zosh or somthing and yes its in the uk) and give them a ring they will help you out or advise you:thumbsup: