PDA

View Full Version : Advice please...

coleman758
03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Ok guys, Well i'm building my 410R today,
I upto the 4 drive shafts. built the first one fine.

The issue is the pin wont fit through the driveshaft on the other 3.
i have tried to file it out a little but it still wont fit.

What would you recommend? get in touch with Durango themselves, or JEspares? (Where i got the kit from)

Has anyone else has a similar problem?

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
My first step would be to take the pin out of the one you have built up with no problems, then try 'that' pin in the other 3 driveshafts your having problems with and vice versa, try the other pins your having trouble in the driveshaft you know the other pin fits in. Probably sounds confusing but it will help determine whether it is the pins which are the trouble or the hole in the driveshafts themselves.

Once determined the problem part/s I would contact the model shop where you purchased it from and find out if there is anything they can do for you, they may advise you to go straight to Team Durango though.

coleman758
03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
My first step would be to take the pin out of the one you have built up with no problems, then try 'that' pin in the other 3 driveshafts your having problems with and vice versa, try the other pins your having trouble in the driveshaft you know the other pin fits in. Probably sounds confusing but it will help determine whether it is the pins which are the trouble or the hole in the driveshafts themselves.

Once determined the problem part/s I would contact the model shop where you purchased it from and find out if there is anything they can do for you, they may advise you to go straight to Team Durango though.

Yes i understand! i will go and give that a bash,

I have just sent a message to TD to the same effect.

coleman758
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I spoke to TD today, Apparently i have been sent two of the old style drive shafts that use a 1.5mm pin. They have been great with me and can't fault there customer service. They have said they will put 4 new driveshafts in the post for me tomorrow!

Fingers crossed there all a good fit!:thumbsup: