PDA

View Full Version : East of England regional - Rd.1 Sunday 10th @Coastal - Ipswich

Zipper
05-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Just 5 days until round 1 of the East of England Regional.

There are currently 17 drivers booked into 4WD and 13 booked into 2WD. Add in some great banter, a bit of sun shine and a few more drivers and we have what looks like a very promising event!

Drivers of all ages and standards are welcome; the more the merrier!

It's not too late to book in; simply go to; http://www.brca-eoe.co.uk/#/book-in/4548233620 to register.

Hope to see you on Sunday! :thumbsup:

Benh
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Please can someone SMS Mr Evans with an arm twisting message about booking in for the regional. He said he's not on here much at the moment and I don't have any way of contacting him. Just need to know if he is running and Thomas too. ;)

Just need:-
Names
Classes
XTALS

Many thanks

Benh
08-04-2011, 12:35 AM
We haven't set the world alight, but it's got a fantastic mix of drivers, with several pairings for some great battles throughout both classes.

The entry list (so far)

4WD
Ben Hubbard
George Fairweather*
Lee Flynn
Simon Watson*
Carl Dufton*
Thomas Evans
Steve Parry*
Ben Chester
Adrian Dew*
Kenny Harvey*
John Myall*
Lewis Cocksedge (J)
Duncan Ritchie
Richard Swift
Henry Mole (J)
Sam 'Spike' Bradshaw
Alisdair Ritchie

2WD
George Fairweather*
Simon Watson*
Carl Dufton*
Steve Parry*
Adrian Dew*
John Myall*
Dave Evans*
Alasdair Ritchie
Kenny Harvey*
Tim Hearne
Ian Alcock
Sam 'Spike' Bradshaw
Thomas Watkins (J)
Jonathan Brown
Trevor Bailey
Lez Woods

Everyone is running 3 heats and 3 finals. SOOOOOOO, I imagine things are going to need to run like clockwork to ensure all goes well. Please get there 9am sharp so we can confirm the entries and get the heats sorted. That way, everyone knows how much time they have for meddling.;)

Emails will go out tomorrow evening that registered through the website with some basic info.

I was asked a bloody good question today by two different people. - PT or not PT, that was the question.

Yes you can run your own, but there are also handouts on the AMB system. The loop is on a bridge, if you are wanting to know the ideal place to mount them.

It would be nice to hit 18 in the 4WD, (because it divides nicely:D) so if there are any arms out there requiring a twist, please twist away. And another in the 2 would be a nice figure too.

Benh
08-04-2011, 08:55 PM
An email has gone out to everyone I have an email address for.

Hello everyone,

Just some info for Sunday as things have changed very slightly. Would our NBC friends, please pass this onto Mr Evans as I do not have an email address for him ;)

· Coastal are opening the gates earlier. 8.30am.
· Track will be open for practice for all competitors on a 1st come 1st served.
· Heats will be arranged first thing in the morning. To ensure you are correctly placed, please arrive no later than 8.45am
· Zipper is going to do a race report for the day with some pictures. To help him with driver info, booking in sheets are being printed. If you want to do them before you arrive , I have attached a copy. Or just fill them in on the day.
· There are handout transponders for anyone without a PT.
· If you have a PT, make sure you check the number for errors, on the printouts of the heats before you race.

I put in a special request for some good weather and it has been dispatched. UPS have assured me it will be delivered Sunday morning as long as someone is there to sign for it.

See you Sunday! :thumbsup:

Benh
09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Updated driver list

No. 46
09-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Track is all laid out with a good mix of fast, medium and slow corners, smooth bits bumpy bits, up hill down dale on camber corners, off cambers corners, something for everyone. The weathers been booked and the bookings keep rolling in. I can't wait, will be the best regional for years:thumbsup:

No. 46
10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Fantastic days racing today, proper hard fought stuff in both classes, any number off racers could have won up to the last. well done to all of those who competed, there was cracking racing from the top to the bottom of the pack.i have got loads of photos uploading as we speak but it may take some time, 27 of 270 down, i will post the link when they are all uploaded, finally a big big thank you to the team at coastal for running the meeting, even though the bbk amb timing system tried its very best to cock it up, thanks for your perseverance in trying to help us rectify the issues. The results should be available later this week, along with more piccies and hopefully a race report.

If you see any piccies that you would like me to email to you in there full glory please feel free to pm me and i can send them across

Cheers

George

Dufty07
11-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Good days racin, good 2 c some old faces n catch up, GR8 weather, a very bumpy track which made for some gr8 racin, I hated it and loved it too. A big thank you to my expert panel of engineers, Well done to dave who showed everyone that there's nothing wrong with sticking it in the rear:D. And well done thomas, kickin arse dude!:thumbsup

jcb
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
A good days racing, thanks has to go out to Ben for taking up the Rep's duties and doing a sterling job for his first regional. Also to Coastal for hosting the event, as always the commentry is a welcome addition to any meeting.

Congratulations to George for the 4wd win, Dave for the 2wd win and Thomas for being top junior.

Zipper
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree, a great day's racing! Well done to the winners.

I foolishly said I'd do the race report for the East of England website, so I'll do my best to get it written up tonight as well as chosing the best photos to go along with it.... but there are hundreds to choose from!

No. 46
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
My piccies as promised

http://community.webshots.com/album/580032120YMubej

Benh
11-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Classic EoE Recipe for sweet breads.

Take 3 counties, a handful of clubs and mix in a bowl. Meanwhile, accrue an unexpected bumper crop of drivers and season.
With your seasoned vegetables..........oops I mean drivers:lol: stir in some fresh morning dew.

Get a mug and pour in some hope. Stir the hope until it becomes the consistency of delusion. This should only take a couple of minutes.

Reach up and set the sky to gas mark seven and cook the vegetables....oops, done it again, I meant drivers........for approximately 8 hours.

Look for a green vegetable, carve open. Here you'll find the soft grey matter. Fry, leave to cool and repeat.

Serve, collapsed on a sofa late on Sunday!

I had a really good day. The 4WD was intense and the balance between gambling for a quick time and banking what you had was the hardest of decisions. Push hard and the track would bite you. Go easier and you have the fear of the person behind taking the gamble and beating you. Evidence for this it not too far away. Quality laps were coming in at 20ish seconds. A blinding gamble from Mr Myall was 18.x

Thanks to Jonathans words above;) It was a steep steep learning curve. Lots learnt.:thumbsup: Also, if you could pass on my thanks to Trevor.... It was like having Yoda around;)

It was great to have the adrenaline pumping for the racing again. Not had that feeling in a while and it's amazing what an increased depth of field can do.

I thought all three of the juniors were great. Big well done to Thomas for the 2WD B Final win, and the Junior Class win. Well done! Lewis looked great and if it weren't for the spur it would have been an even closer battle. Henry put a sterling performance, and I am tempted procure my own MOLEMAN hoody! Beats being a "team driver":thumbsup:

I really hope we can carry some momentum into the next round and beyond as the championship trophies are really worth the effort:drool:

Zippers working really hard on the race report and hopefully will be live soon, as too the "official results".

jcb
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
My piccies as promised

http://community.webshots.com/album/580032120YMubej

I see being the only car on track in the wet got me lots of photos :thumbsup:

Some great photos.

Great way of summing the meeting up Ben :D

JohnM
12-04-2011, 03:16 PM
A good meeting I think, if bloody long! still getting over it now, having to work Sunday night wasn't fun:lol:

It was nice to see some of the Norfolk lads again, as it was to see the return of Richard Swift to racing after 3 or so years, winning the 4wd B final with a borrowed car to:thumbsup:

Biggest surprise for me, was how well Carl "Dufty" Dufton was going, had a couple of good little battles with him in the finals, best I've seen him drive:thumbsup:

No. 46
12-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Your guaranteed to get the publicity shots by getting out first and clearing the morning dew

This one is my favourite http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2315207660104797026rTFVPU

jcb
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Your guaranteed to get the publicity shots by getting out first and clearing the morning dew

This one is my favourite http://image84.webshots.com/84/2/7/66/2315207660104797026rTFVPU_fs.jpg

Track was nice to drive with the morning dew, preferred it to the dust I know that!

Says it's forbidden when I try and open it!!

No. 46
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
The dust on the last corner did make for some great drag races up the hill, showed up the leaden of foot:woot:

The link is working for me, image 7 in the album:thumbsup: if another member as the ability to upload images i can email them to put the images up

jcb
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
It's working now, not that i've changed anything on the computer :bored: Can't believe how far away I am from the pipe and a thumb full of throttle aswell by the looks of things.

Mixed thoughts on the drag up the hill, it was definitely a challenge as it got dusty, but it's the same for everyone which ever way you look at it. The track flowed nicely though and did allow for some close racing which is always good.

Think John Myall deserves a medal for a doing a night after racing all day Sunday too.

JohnM
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Think John Myall deserves a medal for a doing a night after racing all day Sunday too.

If it's shiney I'll take it, shiney is always good:thumbsup:

Wasn't the easiest nights work I've done, at about 3am things 7m away started to blur it to one! Then going home, I'd forgoten how to drive a manual car, remember now why I like automactics so much:woot:

The drag up the hill made for some exciting racing I thought, had a good drag race with Ben H in 4wd that came down to who took the better line off the corner to avoid the jump a few feet up the straight;)

Benh
12-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I believe Simon and I lost out on the drag races because the ol' trigger fingers just couldn't hold it back until the car had settled. Having said that, you did have a car length on me and I needed to time it perfectly and for you to really mince it. Did make for some very exciting finishes.

Speaking of close finishes.........

The tie breaker between Zipper and Simon.:wtf: I had to get a rule clarification it was that tight a finish! If it was dropped score, Zip had it, if it was best score time, Simon had it. If it came down to combined distance and time, Zip had it by 7/100's of a second.

The result is Simon by 1.17 seconds on the best score. Now that's a close finish.

But this also means Zippers finding his feet with his new car:eh?: Bugger. Time for the F-Bag to go to Version3.2

I am really looking forward to the rest of the series.

racingdwarf
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Cheers for a good day, well done Ben,in at the deep end, long....long day and the timing system seemed to have a mind of it's own:lol::eh?:,but we got there in the end,

I will make sure we NBC boys use better deodrant next time, so we don't get told to pit in the toilet block:D, but to be fair it was quite nice and in the end I think we had more room than we normaly get in the main building

have to agree with others, carls driving has gone to the next level, but he still has no idea how the car works:lol:

Benh
12-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I lived 20mins away and it was too long for me. Promise things will be better, smoother, quicker and a generally better oiled machine for round 2;)

Which is ONLY three weeks away!!!

How many are thinking.............

"I may be 1st on May the 1st......... "

No. 46
13-04-2011, 10:11 AM
I will make sure we NBC boys use better deodrant next time, so we don't get told to pit in the toilet block:D, but to be fair it was quite nice and in the end I think we had more room than we normaly get in the main building

That was the reason that i save the spaces in there for you NBC boys, nothing to do with the fact you smell:D

jcb
13-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Was nice to have the extra space, although if i'm honest it did feel a bit "them and us" when we all got told to pit in the other block on arrival! All good in the end and a great days racing.

Must mean I can rebuild kyosho shocks ok, if you all think carl's driving has improved lots :thumbsup:

No. 46
13-04-2011, 02:01 PM
If it hadn't have saved the space then someone would have complained that they couldn't pit with there fellow club members plus it was fully jam packed in the main building. Nice situation to have though, no more room at the inn:thumbsup:

Zipper
13-04-2011, 02:12 PM
If you see any piccies that you would like me to email to you in there full glory please feel free to pm me and i can send them across

Cheers

George

George, I sent you a PM on Coastal re pics. I need a few to complete the race report!

No. 46
13-04-2011, 05:19 PM
On there way to you zipper