PDA

View Full Version : Servo Horn breakage

RC John
05-04-2011, 04:15 PM
I had my servo horn go on me after less than two races. It happened after what I thought was a rather minor crash. After the crash the front tires were no longer pointing straight, but off to one side. What happened was the servo horn's splines had stripped and allowed it to center on a new spot. I was lucky enough to have an extra servo horn to get me through the day.
My question is, is this a known weakness and has this happened to a lot of people? If so, how is everyone fixing this problem?
When my servo horn broke, my servo saver was already set on the loose side. After seeing how weak the horn is, I've reset the servo saver even looser, hoping to reduce stress on it from impacts. I've also added a little thread lock on the servo horn's splines, hoping that will help bond it to the servo and make it a bit more durable.

captainlip
05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I stripped 3 in a week! Servo saver if to loose will wind it's way off. You need a racers edge Alu servo horn from USA for £9 delivered and this will fit under driveshaft perfectly

stegger
05-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Or a Losi one for £3.50 ;)

RC John
05-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Or a Losi one for £3.50 ;)

Would you have a part number, or know what losi vehicle's servo horn is a good replacement for the durango? I have old losi servo horn's from old cars, but they are offset in a way that makes them not fit the durango.

stegger
05-04-2011, 05:03 PM
LOSA99032 this is for the futaba

RC John
05-04-2011, 05:08 PM
LOSA99032 this is for the futaba
Thanks!

RC John
05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I stripped 3 in a week! Servo saver if to loose will wind it's way off. You need a racers edge Alu servo horn from USA for £9 delivered and this will fit under driveshaft perfectly
Had a look at the Racers edge servo horn. I can see the holes for the ball stud are tapped. Do you know if it's tapped M3 or 4-40?

JosephShanks
19-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Had a look at the Racers edge servo horn. I can see the holes for the ball stud are tapped. Do you know if it's tapped M3 or 4-40?
3 mil.

RC John
19-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks. I ordered the Racers edge over a week ago and got it installed. It fits quite well. Although if it were just 1mm longer, it would hit the front drive shaft.