PDA

View Full Version : New Outdoor Storage

The Doctor
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, the new storage container was delivered today and is now in place at the Rugby Club, ready for the new outdoor off-road season which begins on Friday 13th May. It's the same size as the existing container which we shared with the Rugby Club last year but the new one is in better condition and is for our sole use, so we can store & access all of our off-road equipment easily without having to clamber over scrum machines and corner posts! This also means that we can at last get the MROD out of the shed at the school!

So forget about fake plastic grass venues, come and race on the real thing, with access to a proper bar too! :thumbsup: You can even have a pizza delivered to the track if you like (the moped delivery guy knows where we are now after Martin's multiple orders last season!).

I'm not sure about you guys but personally I always prefer the real thing to fake plastic alternatives... :wub

Chris56
05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Excellent - does then venue still include live music. I quite enjoyed last years hit singles such as "I bought my love on ebay" and the "chicken tikka blues" - thought Martin was going to piss his pants when that woman started "singing" those songs. Yeeeehaaaa :woot::woot::woot::woot:

chris brown
05-04-2011, 11:19 PM
How does one go about buying a shipping container?
Not that I want one but it just came to mind as a weird thing.

deepdale11
06-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Well, the new storage container was delivered today and is now in place at the Rugby Club, ready for the new outdoor off-road season which begins on Friday 13th May. It's the same size as the existing container which we shared with the Rugby Club last year but the new one is in better condition and is for our sole use, so we can store & access all of our off-road equipment easily without having to clamber over scrum machines and corner posts! This also means that we can at last get the MROD out of the shed at the school!

So forget about fake plastic grass venues, come and race on the real thing, with access to a proper bar too! :thumbsup: You can even have a pizza delivered to the track if you like (the moped delivery guy knows where we are now after Martin's multiple orders last season!).

I'm not sure about you guys but personally I always prefer the real thing to fake plastic alternatives... :wub

Nice one Paul, yes I agree I prefer the real thinig too:thumbsup:

Robbiejuk
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
You can even have a pizza delivered to the track if you like (the moped delivery guy knows where we are now after Martin's multiple orders last season!).

I think this should be a weekly thing, maybe we can get the chip shop to deliver to. We could have a takeaway pre booking form on the website :thumbsup:

Crazy Rich
06-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I think this should be a weekly thing, maybe we can get the chip shop to deliver to. We could have a takeaway pre booking form on the website :thumbsup:

This is the best idea since underwear!. :thumbsup:

Robbiejuk
06-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Sliced underwear?

antnee
06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
If you say Pizza loud enough, Im sure Lloyd would be tempted back!

chris brown
06-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Hehe Richard.
What a great first post.

"This is the best idea since underwear"

ConceptRacing
07-04-2011, 02:57 PM
When does it all start up outdoors? quite looking forward to coming down to have a race or two.

Dave Dodd
07-04-2011, 03:40 PM
When does it all start up outdoors? quite looking forward to coming down to have a race or two.

13th may, hopefully start racing at 7pm ;)

cool, summertime challenge :lol:

big smithy
07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
13th may, hopefully start racing at 7pm ;)

cool, summertime challenge :lol:
yes all that grass cutting pulling out track markers and putting out the jumps must be a pain in the arse and dont forget the fence that needs putting up it all takes time :woot: and after two hours of racing it all needs putting back :confused: ps you deserve a pizza and pint after ALL THAT WORK

deepdale11
07-04-2011, 08:03 PM
yes all that grass cutting pulling out track markers and putting out the jumps must be a pain in the arse and dont forget the fence that needs putting up it all takes time :woot: and after two hours of racing it all needs putting back :confused:

Don't worry Simon, you can just sit there and watch everybody else do it :p

antnee
07-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I think Dave was referring to the guy who runs conecpt (forgotten his name) who is quite closely matched to daves pace, they had a little 'challenge' between them over the weekend series

big smithy
07-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't worry Simon, you can just sit there and watch everybody else do it :p
love to help but has 75% of the reginals are on astro it makes sense to race on it :thumbsup:

The Doctor
07-04-2011, 08:42 PM
love to help but has 75% of the reginals are on astro it makes sense to race on it :thumbsup:

I reckon you just can't set your car up for different track surfaces Simon... :p

Dave Dodd
07-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I think Dave was referring to the guy who runs conecpt (forgotten his name) who is quite closely matched to daves pace, they had a little 'challenge' between them over the weekend series

Yeah Eric is his name and i lost :lol: :blush:

Dave Dodd
07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
yes all that grass cutting pulling out track markers and putting out the jumps must be a pain in the arse and dont forget the fence that needs putting up it all takes time :woot: and after two hours of racing it all needs putting back :confused: ps you deserve a pizza and pint after ALL THAT WORK

I class it as my weekly exercises, keeps my knees working :cry:

but i do enjoy the pint or 2 afterwards :D

And i do like astro tracks its a more consistent track to drive on provided you stick to the racing line otherwise you get grit in your gears.

brooky
08-04-2011, 04:49 PM
i like grass but if it rains it turns to mud i dont like mud :thumbdown

deepdale11
08-04-2011, 05:34 PM
i like grass but if it rains it turns to mud i dont like mud :thumbdown

Pussy:lol:

ConceptRacing
08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
If I can make it to enough rounds the challenge will be on, I am sure you must be a lot better on grass than carpet, time will tell, I loved the race and banter over the winter, great fun, so come on Dave, I have thrown the gauntlets down, lets see you pick them up, I want to see clean racing and dirty banter!!!

ps, Dave, you didnt lose, you just didnt beat me!