PDA

View Full Version : Lazer wheels

Moozo
07-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi
Did trinity make lazer wheels if so what colour were they?

thanks for any help

Mick

mr. ed
07-04-2011, 05:51 PM
My guts says; if they did, pink... but I don't think they did.
I got some pink ones at home but believe theyare IMEX. I've seen them on cars on ebay and if used they always seem to have cracked :thumbdown:

lllyf
08-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I have one set zx zxr wheels, that is the best looking wheels I have saw ever for the lazer zx, very high quanlity and awesome but I have no idea about who made these.any opnion?thanks
http://img.rcfans.com/album/201004/12/10577_12710685671yqY.jpg

moth898
08-04-2011, 11:48 AM
those are the original wheels that some has drilled

Welshy40
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Standard wheels drilled. Funny or what

Moozo
08-04-2011, 01:59 PM
These are the reason i was asking.....since found out that they are lazer wheels by trinity......think they are really nice looking think its the colour.....

Ema
08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
These are the reason i was asking.....since found out that they are lazer wheels by trinity......think they are really nice looking think its the colour.....

I got a full set of wheels like yours into my lazer wheels box, also same color.
The seller told me that they were made by Yokomo ;) .

Bye
Ema

Lowry
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I still have a complete set NIB of these wheels in pink (2 x front in 2.2 and 2 x rear 2.2).

If anybody is interested just PM. Not looking for a fortune.

Cheers

oli4ke
09-04-2011, 04:33 AM
I still have a complete set NIB of these wheels in pink (2 x front in 2.2 and 2 x rear 2.2).

If anybody is interested just PM. Not looking for a fortune.

Cheers

Pm'ed mate!

Lowry
09-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Okay, the NIB rim set is gone.

Is anybody interested in the following rims:
- complete set (2 front, 2 rear) of Lazer ZX-R rims, used
- complete set of pink 2.2 ARP rims (2 front, 2 rear) shown above, used
- 4 wide Lazer ZX rims, used

If anybody is interested just email me.

Cheers

Welshy40
09-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Guys,

Lipo tray has been delivered and tested. The centre CF block has a section at the bottom as the block has been milled out so it stops the brass plates moving but you need to drill to holes in the chassis to get it to fit properly otherwise it wont work properly as tape doesn't hold it on.

I drilled two holes in the chassis and used two half blue Tamiya TRF 511 washers to attach to the chassis so it matched the height exactly with the milled section. The outer tray sections need a bit of filing as the cells are well tight so all thats needed is to do an angle file on the very top of the tray edge to give it some movement to get it in and out more easily. Brass plates fitted and looks great, but if you want an exact copy then the cost will be £30 so really down to how serious you are about it.

Also had the RW spur and pics show it. Im going to see if we can have the B4 slipper hexagonal sections added as well so the standard ZXR's that don't have the hyer clutch can use them, and possibly will resolve a few problems in the process.

Still pics of my Lazer ZXR- S and one for Iso to rub salt in the wounds, a picture of my unused Proto ZX-S which is still up for grabs if any one wants it. Have a close look at the back of the hyper clutch as its blue not silver which makes it that little bit more special (including the CF rear shock mount).

Welshy40
09-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Here is the picture I forgot to add

Ema
11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Also had the RW spur and pics show it. Im going to see if we can have the B4 slipper hexagonal sections added as well so the standard ZXR's that don't have the hyer clutch can use them, and possibly will resolve a few problems in the process.

This idea is great, however I took some measurement in the past (I had the same idea too) and there's a problem regarding the diameter of the pad compared to the diemater of the slipper plates.
The plates are definitely to small and i think that the pad will came out easily from the octagonal recession.

Two things can be made:
- bigger slipper plates
- smaller octagonal recession and smaller pad

I already bought a sheet of 1mm PTFE that can be easily cut in order to create some small octagonal pads, however milling a spur gear with only a dremel is not really easy ...... :woot:

Bye
Ema

Moozo
08-07-2011, 06:36 PM

Hi looking to sell these green trinity wheels open to offers:thumbsup:

Welshy40
09-07-2011, 09:37 AM
This idea is great, however I took some measurement in the past (I had the same idea too) and there's a problem regarding the diameter of the pad compared to the diemater of the slipper plates.
The plates are definitely to small and i think that the pad will came out easily from the octagonal recession.

Two things can be made:
- bigger slipper plates
- smaller octagonal recession and smaller pad

I already bought a sheet of 1mm PTFE that can be easily cut in order to create some small octagonal pads, however milling a spur gear with only a dremel is not really easy ...... :woot:

Bye
Ema

Ema,

I believe what youve posted above has been proven and works, the question is have you bought any from RW racing?

Ema
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Ema,

I believe what youve posted above has been proven and works, the question is have you bought any from RW racing?

Not yet, but I will buy some of them for sure before the beginning of the indoor season ;) :D .

Bye
Ema