PDA

View Full Version : 210 - Gone quiet

DJ's Dad
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
What is the latest gossip on the 210 release date? With the plague of Losi 22's descending is there an alternative?

mikeyscott
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
What is the latest gossip on the 210 release date? With the plague of Losi 22's descending is there an alternative?

I bet Nathan or one of the team will have on at the nationals this weekend.

captainlip
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
yup he'll be carrying the B4 ;)

TonyM
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Can't wait - I've got money burning in my pocket. I like my X6, but I really like the idea of having common spare parts from one source for my 2WD, 4WD and SCT. Plus, a geared diff - woopeee.

I hope it comes out before we've put too much of a dent in the open season. Coming up to 62 I don't have many seasons left in me :( So, the quicker the release the better - before I fall off my perch.

Someone from TD land please hurry up and make an old man happy in the autumn years of his life:thumbsup:

Culetto
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Can't wait - I've got money burning in my pocket. I like my X6, but I really like the idea of having common spare parts from one source for my 2WD, 4WD and SCT. Plus, a geared diff - woopeee.

I hope it comes out before we've put too much of a dent in the open season. Coming up to 62 I don't have many seasons left in me :( So, the quicker the release the better - before I fall off my perch.

Someone from TD land please hurry up and make an old man happy in the autumn years of his life:thumbsup:

I dont think i've heard a more legit reason behind a question. :thumbsup:

slowjun
13-04-2011, 04:38 AM
yeah, i was kinda hoping to wait first for the release of 210 before joining the bandwagon. its kinda cool having a common spares for my 410 and 210. well lets wait and see what happens.

SuperSparkSteve
13-04-2011, 08:46 AM

Tony,

I reckon you'll still be racing when your propped up in your zimmer frame!

TonyM
13-04-2011, 10:34 AM
You could be right Steve, I would need a surrogate marshal though. Ooooh, now there's a thought - perhaps I should put an add on Oople.

WANTED: SURROGATE MARSHAL

Mandatory Requirements
• Fit woman 25-35, preferably blonde, who knows that the answer to most questions is YES.
• Be quick on bending down and picking things up.
• Be skilled in masseur techniques, especially loosening up arthritic thumbs.
• Know the difference between metric and imperial tools.
• Likes a man who would rather oil his gears, rather than grease his balls.

Nice to Have’s
• Be willing to distract other drivers by wearing less, rather than more.
• Know more swear words than anyone else and have a full repost ready for any driver shouting MARSHAL!!!
• Be willing to arrive early and have the tent up and ready before I turn up.

I’m sure there is much more I can add to the list, but I think this gives me a good starter for 10.

Damn, I’ve just re-read this and realized it’s not very PC. Oh well, I guess I’d better not post the add after all.

SuperSparkSteve
13-04-2011, 11:26 AM
You could be right Steve, I would need a surrogate marshal though. Ooooh, now there's a thought - perhaps I should put an add on Oople.

Mandatory Requirements
• Fit woman 25-35, preferably blonde, who knows that the answer to most questions is YES.

Nice to Have’s
• Know more swear words than anyone else and have a full repost ready for any driver shouting MARSHAL!!!

I’m sure there is much more I can add to the list, but I think this gives me a good starter for 10.

Damn, I’ve just re-read this and realized it’s not very PC. Oh well, I guess I’d better not post the add after all.

I can tell that you've given this alot of thought! Is this what you think about when you marshal?

I dare you to post this in the wanted section!! :woot:

TonyM
13-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I can tell that you've given this alot of thought! Is this what you think about when you marshal? :woot:

Unfortunately it's what I think about when I'm driving, which is why I'm so crap at it.:wub

simoncrabb
13-04-2011, 04:24 PM

I'm not convinced it'll have a geared diff... Do they actually work in 2wd?

TonyM
13-04-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm not convinced it'll have a geared diff... Do they actually work in 2wd?

Now you've got me worried, from my simple understanding I can't see why not. I just assumed.

Never assume as my old Ma used to say, as it makes an ASS of U and ME.

Gonzo
13-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm not convinced it'll have a geared diff.

I asked this very question when I met one of their test pilots at a winterrace, and he answered: yes, there is a gear diff inside this 210.
So they defo tested it, and there was nothing wrong when you saw that car go round the track like a bullet! (carpet track)

I hate rebuilding balldiffs, so for people like me a geardiff is always better, because the balldiffs I build always feel crappy very soon.

But Simon, you re not the only person who is not sure if this will work in 2wd, some other experienced people I spoke to had the same "doubt", but couldnt explain why. I m really curious where this idea or feeling comes from.

Because I cant think of a reason why it shouldnt work:
Smoothness you can change with the grease, and you can go even smoother than a balldiff if you wish.

A balldiff can slip a little, and a geardiff cannot. But for slipping we have our slipper, and we always set it up so it slips before the diff does. The only thing I can imagine there as a difference, is the inertia of the gears before reaching the slipper, instead of immediate slip in the diff when a wheel hits something. But the inertiadifference of a diff gear, 2 idlers and a top shaft compared to the big diameter wheels? Peanuts I guess!

I would even buy a geardiff for my X6 if there existed a strong enough Asso one...

ghostdogg
13-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Please please please post this In the wanted section!
Funniest thing read all day!

Mandatory Requirements

Nice to Have’s

TonyM
13-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Please please please post this In the wanted section!
Funniest thing read all day!

I would mate, but I feel Jimmy may not be too pleased. After all, we should be encouraging equality in this great sport we’re in and not let an old fart drive a wedge through it. Excuse me, I’m just off to chastise myself for being a very naughty boy . . . .

t8rtot
14-04-2011, 02:15 AM
I've emailed TD on this very topic, its coming and its gonna look very different then the proto cars you see running, it will also be able to go mid & rear motor. However.. The wait continues:D

brettness37
15-04-2011, 07:03 AM
I saw a bunch of them at the Cactus Classic, was even holding one for a team driver, he wasn't feeling well so I was holding his spot in the practice line.

One of the guys said they were hoping to have production protos for the World's Warmup Race, in June (?) iirc.

Travis Amezcua made that thing look awesome.

hottuna
21-04-2011, 06:56 AM
June, July? I really want a 210, but feeling the season will almost be over before we can get one :(
Any updates on release?

Dazzler
22-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Some good news on the 210, unfortunately no estimated release date: -

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=3201

DJ's Dad
23-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Interesting - looks like Hupo was running the rear motor option

/tobys
23-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I think it was a dirt track...rear must still be the way to go on those kind of surfaces.