PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

lordnikon
18-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi,

Just looking to get into the RC circuit again, been down the nitro 1/10th route some years ago, and went in the heli's.

Recently dusted them off and got a small 1/18th to mess around with. Will be selling the Helis soon to fund a new 1/10th electric to hopefully come and join you peeps. Ideally looking for a used car if anyone has one for sale locally (have an advert on here too)

Any recommendations on models to look out for ?

mikeyscott
18-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi,

Just looking to get into the RC circuit again, been down the nitro 1/10th route some years ago, and went in the heli's.

Recently dusted them off and got a small 1/18th to mess around with. Will be selling the Helis soon to fund a new 1/10th electric to hopefully come and join you peeps. Ideally looking for a used car if anyone has one for sale locally (have an advert on here too)

Any recommendations on models to look out for ?

Hi,

Where are you based and what class are you after 2WD or 4WD - also do you have a budget in mind?

Regards,

Mike

lordnikon
18-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Mike

I'm in Romsey so about 20 mins or so up the M27 from Titchfield so not far away really.

Budget wise, I'm not sure tbh. I would like to say all the funds from the helis would be available but the missus will no doubt get some of it lol

I'm reluctant to buy new at 3-400 so would ideally like a used one that i will no doubt crash and then fix up and upgrade at the same time.

Had loads of fun with the new 1/18th and it goes well with the lipos and brushless in it :thumbsup: Do you guys and girls only run 1/10th at Torch ? Dont mind 2WD or 4WD to be honest, i've had both in nitro format so happy with either :)

Thanks again

Steve

RobW
18-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Steve

My advise for starting racing is always a used Associated B4.

2WD is cheaper to get into initially and running costs a bit lower so if you decide buggy racing is not for you will not have spent as much.

The B4 is fairly bullet-proof and almost anyone who has raced for a few years will have raced one at some point so getting help in getting it set up will be simple and there is usually someone to borrow a spare part from. You should be able to pick a decent rolling chassis up for around 70-80.

If you have a little more to spend a B4.1 is a better car all but you are probably not going to notice the difference with your first car. I'd avoid the new Losi 22 second hand at the moment as they are still very new so no bargains out there. Schumacher Cougar is a great car (think it just won the first national??) but I do not personally think it is quite as robust as a B4.

Basically get a B4!!!! No, I am not trying to sell one:lol:

Best bet would be to pop down on Sunday and a have a chat. I'll be there (pitting out of a silver fiat people carrier:blush:) so come and have a chat and have a look at the cars.

Cheers

Rob

lordnikon
18-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the recommendation Rob, I'm just having a look around now to see whats out there.

Do you guys limit it to buggies only or do these 2/4 WD 1/10th truggys fall into the same category ??

dibble34
18-04-2011, 12:57 PM
If you look at 2wd i am about to drop the price of this http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67923. I can bring to the club one weekend if required. I am not there this Sunday, but should be for the all day meeting :)

Have BRCA LIPO Stick pack i am looking to get rid off and maybe a cheap older Brushless combo too. LRP spx speedo/Nosram 7.5 motor (older style)

Let me know if of interest

Dave

simoncrabb
18-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Do you guys limit it to buggies only or do these 2/4 WD 1/10th truggys fall into the same category ??

Buggies only, 10th trucks are very rarely raced in the UK.