PDA

View Full Version : UKEM 2011 for Alderhey Childrens Hospital

steelie600
19-04-2011, 12:51 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn42/steelie600/UKEM/webheader.jpg
UKEM 2011 is GO!!!

We will be holding this years event at the fabulous NDOR circuit just outside Nottingham. Format will be pretty much the same as last year, with a few small twists.

There will be a dash for cash on the Saturday night under floodlights.

The track WILL be open Saturday for practise for a small fee donated directly to the charity.

This years Charity will be Alder Hey Childrens Hospital. This has a special place with me as my brother who is disabled would not be here now if it were not for Alder Hey's doctors and nurses.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn42/steelie600/UKEM/_1983244_alderhey300.jpg

There will be fantastic Prizes as per last year, the fuel will be the same quantity and quality, as will the engines. Im sure youll all agree those little Hobao engines were the business last year, and we are in talks now to secure them again.

At this time we cannot confirm what engines or fuel we will be using, but rest assured they will be as good as last year if not better and we expect to bring an announcement in the next week or so.

The only bad thing that has come out of last years event is the entry fee has to go up, Im sure you will all appreciate with the vat increase, and price rises in general it is not possible to keep the low entry fee of last year. This years entry will be £125.

Further info and event registration, which this year dependant on numbers will be selective entry with last years teams getting preference is available at
www.ukendurancemasters.com (http://www.ukendurancemasters.com)

Closing date for registration is 30th June

Feel free to ask any questions and chat about this years event on this thread.

Kev, Jamie and Shaun, the UKEM team!

steelie600
19-04-2011, 12:53 PM
rules and timetable for 2011

Hi guys these are the rules for the UKEM 2011

1: You may only use the engines and fuel supplied, any contravention will result in a sin bin penalty and/or disqualification
2: You may only use one car, the chassis wll be marked on booking in on the Sunday morning, you may change any part EXCEPT the chassis plate as the chassis plate is effectively the crux of the car
3: All cars to be used must be a 1/8th Rallyx buggy, Truggies and trucks are not allowed
4: You may use ANY TYRES you wish
5: ALL Cars MUST have a failsafe fitted and setup ASWELL as a throttle return spring or band. There will be random checks on this resulting in a sin bin penalty for none compliance
6: The use of TELEMETRY is actively encouraged
7: You may modify the buggy in anyway you see fit to enable quick battery changes and wheel changes, BUT these modifications MUST be safe!
8: You must supply a marshall at your designated marshall point at all times, in the event your marshall is not at his/her point FOR ANY REASON your car will be black flagged and placed in the sin bin until such a time as the marshall point is manned
9: Refuelling MUST be undertaken in the pitlane NO EXCUSES
10: Only 1 team member per team in the pit lane, any team in contravention of this will incurr a sin bin penalty
11: You MUST NOT overtake the Safety car EVEN IF it does break down!! (Which is highly likely LOL)
12: Have fun or ill kick your arse!! PMSLhttp://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/images/smilies/tongue.gifhttp://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Timetable (subject to change if necessary)

Saturday 29th
9am Gates open
10am track open for practise, Cost £5 per driver paid direct to the charity
4pm Track closed for practise
6pm 1hour timed practise in readiness of Dash for the cash under flood lights
8pm 30 min dash for the cash under floodlights (more details below)
8:30pm track closed

Sunday 30th
8am Gates open
9am Practise for 1 hour Only
10am Track closed and inspected/repaired by UKEM and NDOR officials
11am Drivers breifing
11:45am Lemans start will commence and engines and fuel collected (more details below)
12pm Engines can be started and timing gear will start
6pm race will finish
6:30pm Prize giving ceremony
7pm I collapse in the pub!!

Dash for the Cash

1 driver per team (we suggest your star driver), racing for 30 mins under floodlights against every other team.
You must supply a marshall, (we will have 26 Marshalls on track during this race)
One person in the pitlane ONLY
car numbers will be generated AT RANDOM to determine start position
You MUST use your own engines and fuel for the Dash for Cash
Start will be a grid start AND NOT a line start as is per the norm in RallyX (First corner will be.. INTERESTING)
All teams are expected to field a car for the Dash for Cash although it is not compulsory
Entry to the Dash for cash is £3 per team
Prizes are 1st place = £40 2nd Place = £25 3rd place £13 (based on all 26 team participating)

Le Mans start

You will start at your race allocated number (randomly generated) when the hooter sounds
You will complete a FULL LAP of the NDOR track ON FOOT and collect your engines and fuel at the end of that lap.
You have 15 minutes form the start of the Le Mans start to collect your engines and fuel and fit them to your car.
You CANNOT start your engine until the sounding of the second hooter which will be 12pm PROMPT.

I hope this is clear enough for every one, feel free to add a response to this post to ask further questions.

steelie600
19-04-2011, 12:58 PM
So far guys we have 20 teams wanting a space, so that leaves me with 6 free spaces. Last years event was billed as possibly the best event of the year, by all that took part. SO if youre interested and have questions, ask away, and if you want a team get the form filled in on the UKEM website. And I hope to see you there in October

steelie600
19-04-2011, 07:45 PM
We are currently accepting ideas for the start procedure, one suggestion is neck a pint before starting the run, If the ooplers have any suggestions please post up here!