PDA

View Full Version : DEX 410R Wiring Questions

syac25
19-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I just purchased the Durango DEX410R (my first kit after owning an RTR) and I'm about to wire it up. Being a 4wd vehicle, I'm a bit concerned about the lack of space for the ESC and receiver. I have 2 Q's:

1. Can/should I place the ESC wires over the drive shaft to wire the motor? I'm concerned that if I run them underneath they'll rub against the drive shaft, or worse hit the spur gear.

2. Can/should I mount the receiver (Spektrum Dx3s) on it's side, as opposed to flat. I don't seem to have enough room to lay it flat.

Thanks!

coleman758
19-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I just purchased the Durango DEX410R (my first kit after owning an RTR) and I'm about to wire it up. Being a 4wd vehicle, I'm a bit concerned about the lack of space for the ESC and receiver. I have 2 Q's:

1. Can/should I place the ESC wires over the drive shaft to wire the motor? I'm concerned that if I run them underneath they'll rub against the drive shaft, or worse hit the spur gear.

2. Can/should I mount the receiver (Spektrum Dx3s) on it's side, as opposed to flat. I don't seem to have enough room to lay it flat.

Thanks!

I would say yes to both.... By reciver is on it's side :thumbsup: and wiring is over the driveshaft.

paulc
19-04-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31939&highlight=electric+installs

Check out this thread might be some help to you

Big G
20-04-2011, 10:02 AM
if you can try and run the wires under the shaft as it needs to be removed a lot to change batteries it is easier if it's not restricted by your wires :)

RC John
20-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Wires under or over the drive shaft works. Just make sure the wires are short and don't flop around.
Receiver mounted on the side is ok, but it's nice to have the receiver mounted flat. Makes unplugging the ESC wire for programming much easier.