PDA

View Full Version : Which ESC

leverington
27-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I have been circuit racing a Mardave for a couple of weeks basic Viper 4 Cell ECU, stock can motor and my car seems to lack punch and was wondering if upgrading the speed controller would help?

Any advice greatfully received as there seems to be a vast range out there and I don't know which one is better or worse :(

miklos
27-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi go for a v60 from speed master or the g28 from chris at mardave same speedo

leverington
27-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi M8

Will it be a noticable improvement over the Viper?

miklos
27-04-2011, 10:26 PM
yer should be mate

Gazza
28-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Some one else noticed the lack of power :thumbsup:

Hence most of us are going 13.5 and 1s Lipo

Chequered Flag Racing
28-04-2011, 04:32 AM
my car seems to lack punch and was wondering if upgrading the speed controller would help?

How old/new are your batteries?

Are they getting warm when you charge them?

How many amps do you charge at?

all the above will/can affect punch

I used some old 3700's from a few years back when I run my sidecar with kit M'troniks esc an it's as quick on the straights as some 4 cell cars. Just can't get the power down though to keep up but I can see the speed in the chassis.

teamorsum96
28-04-2011, 07:11 AM
How old/new are your batteries?

Are they getting warm when you charge them?

How many amps do you charge at?

all the above will/can affect punch

I used some old 3700's from a few years back when I run my sidecar with kit M'troniks esc an it's as quick on the straights as some 4 cell cars. Just can't get the power down though to keep up but I can see the speed in the chassis.

yea we have found that M'troniks ESC dont like big MAH batterys:confused:,

i run a v60 on circuit, and i can notice the diffrenece:thumbsup:, you just need a tranie to get the end point adjustment for the breaks as there i the on or off,but i use the drag break more than anything.

dirtyghost
28-04-2011, 08:37 AM
V60/G28 for brushed is the only way to go really, its just the best for the job and not a bad price either.
Brushless i'd go for the GTB2, I've just moved over to brushless and brought one of these and its the muts nuts, no booster needed.......!

teamorsum96
28-04-2011, 03:27 PM
V60/G28 for brushed is the only way to go really, its just the best for the job and not a bad price either.
Brushless i'd go for the GTB2, I've just moved over to brushless and brought one of these and its the muts nuts, no booster needed.......!

i do believe if your running brushed the Novak XRS is a great all rounder with punch,and brakes:thumbsup:

truggy lover
28-04-2011, 03:49 PM
i do believe if your running brushed the Novak XRS is a great all rounder with punch,and brakes:thumbsup:

+1 on that i had the xrs awsome for brushed , very quick on hitting reverse as well :lol:

teamorsum96
28-04-2011, 06:26 PM
+1 on that i had the xrs awsome for brushed , very quick on hitting reverse as well :lol:

shame girlfriend loaned my car for her final because she blow her esc up, so i let her use my car, so i had to buy a V60 because she liked the instant reverse.

dirtyghost
28-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I dont disagree the XRS is a fantastic little ESC and the reverse is epicley quick to engage but lacks the punch of the V60/G28 as it can deliver nearly 20Amps more.
The XRS retailed at £49.99 but is out of stock on model sport with a note that it will not be re stocked.
The V60 is £61.28 so just over a tenna more, with more punch and better breaks and can be found here...

http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/p416/Speedmaster_V60_(Mardave_V12R_ESC)/product_info.html