PDA

View Full Version : bodyshells

teamorsum96
03-05-2011, 05:19 PM
in the last week i have gone through 3 kamtec pug 205 bodyshells, is it just me or has kamtec started to make them thinner towards the back Cpost just below the wing as all 3 shells have cracked in the same place after painting. :thumbdown:
not very happy :mad:

westie
03-05-2011, 05:43 PM
They've always been like it mate every shell in lexan for mardaves is weak at the back, duno why they cant get slightly thicker stuff to use?

mcjjordan
03-05-2011, 06:33 PM
apparently if you ask keef nicely and cross his palm with a few extra shillings he can make it thicker.....but then its heavier

beckybean66
03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
sucks that when you paint ur shell all nice and aweosme looking, finally finish it and its looking a beast....then..... POO, CRACKS :thumbdown:

teamorsum96
03-05-2011, 09:09 PM
They've always been like it mate every shell in lexan for mardaves is weak at the back, duno why they cant get slightly thicker stuff to use?

i agree westie, but these are splitting on its on weight, :thumbdown:

Wynney
03-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I have a Clio V6 that I've sprayed that I for sale if you're interested?

westie
03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
You can get circle stickers from parma i think that you can stick on the inside to stop splitting around the holes, ive also in the past cut a rectangle bit of lexan bolted with 3 m3 screws to doubled up on the back which is needed when hotrodding :thumbsup:

Chippy96
03-05-2011, 10:30 PM
As mentioned earlier,Kamtec will make you a thicker one if you request it-(1.5mm instead of 1mm I think).The lexan Anglia shell is made from the thicker sheet because apparently the lexan thins where its "stretched" the most-around the tops of the front wings,so maybe your chosen shell has a weak spot as well.I have been using the latest Fiesta shell,it really is a good one as far as handling goes and I would recommend it if you need something to help your performance,but its very fragile so i`ll ask for a thicker one next time!!!At our club we run unlimited motors and ESC so the cars are flying!!!(so are the orders for shells!!!),cheers PC.

mcjjordan
04-05-2011, 06:01 AM
the latest fiesta splits at top of front bumper and from rear post holes ,
spoke to keef about it and its because of all the detail,he could remove the detail to make it stronger but then you cant please all the people all of the time......

teamorsum96
04-05-2011, 06:33 AM
You can get circle stickers from parma i think that you can stick on the inside to stop splitting around the holes, ive also in the past cut a rectangle bit of lexan bolted with 3 m3 screws to doubled up on the back which is needed when hotrodding :thumbsup:

i cut 1 of are old shells up and just doubled it up on inside and seems to work fine.
i would mind if we had even run it,but we had't even cut it out.

and cheers for the offer mate, i have a 206cc on its way:thumbsup:

Gazza
04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Yea must agree My new S6 touring car shell cracked at the back :thumbdown:

Why not just make all of them out of 1.2mm makes more sense to me :thumbsup: I rather pay £1 more and last for ages than pay £1 less and keep buying another to do the same thing

Does that make sense :wub

teamorsum96
04-05-2011, 01:39 PM

Why not just make all of them out of 1.2mm makes more sense to me :thumbsup: I rather pay £1 more and last for ages than pay £1 less and keep buying another to do the same thing

+1 gazza, nicely said

ch!3f
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM

i agree there but if they did do this they wouldnt sell as many shells which is where they make there money