PDA

View Full Version : What Wii games?

super__dan
21-12-2007, 09:39 PM
So I finally got a Wii. What's the best games to get?

Super Mario Galaxy seems a must, then call of duty 3 and medal of honour heroes 2 I'm keen for.

But I've got some mates coming round before new year and fancy a fun multiplayer game but no idea what's good?

ben
21-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Id advise the xbox360 they are much better. Oh i am sorry dan. couldnt resist that one

lil ben

losixxx
21-12-2007, 09:48 PM
winter games!!

rcracer
21-12-2007, 10:28 PM
if i had a wii it would be tombraider ;)

budgio
21-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Excite truck is very good but not sure about the multiplayer side.

matt
21-12-2007, 11:57 PM
When my mates come round we always end up on Wii Sports tenis(i've now got 2098 points)The other two good ones are sonic Chaos in the party mode and Sonic and Mario olympics is good. I did not like Mario Party but the wife loved it.

Chris Green
22-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Yep, Mario and Sonic at the olympic games is awesome! I also didn't like mario party at all.

Not sure about call of duty, or medal of honor. I could do with buying one of those really.

Mario Strikers Charged football is good fun too, as is Tiger woods 08, but it depends on whether you like footy or golf.

i've only just noticed Winter games 2008. every review I've seen so far looks promising. i'll probably buy that later today if i can find it,

low13
22-12-2007, 10:29 AM
not got a wii myself sister has and one of my freinds brought round metroid prime3(meant to be the best fps on the wii),resident evil umbrella chronicals(pretty quality however looked grainy when dvi'd to my moniter, my 360 is hdmi to dvi to the same one and there is a noticable differance direct x 10 all the way!!)and finally redsteel is really good but then again im a big halo 3 fan so anything remotely similar i love .wait ive played zelda for a good couple of hours and that really is good but not to good for multiplayer(nether it nor metroid has multiplayer)

super__dan
22-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Mario and sonic olymics is looking good then.

Thanks for all so far (except Ben ;) ).

ben
22-12-2007, 12:01 PM
its allright dan any time:D

losixxx
22-12-2007, 12:15 PM
ben obviously got no friends to play the Wii with:D

ben
22-12-2007, 12:25 PM
nah xbox is miles better haha

low13
22-12-2007, 01:07 PM
yh i agree the 360 is better i mean it has true direct x 10 and has a 512 mb graphics card(the wii has a 128mb)not forgetting the processor(360has 3 core one with 512mb of ram) etc but ben no need to start a console war if you want that go to neoseeker.com

Southwell
22-12-2007, 01:59 PM
The xbox is a completely different type of gaming system aimed at a completely different style of play, the two cannot be compared in terms of graphics.

markwilliamson2001
22-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah in terms of nerdness rating, it goes.. PS3, Xbox360, Xbox, Wii

GRIFF55
22-12-2007, 04:36 PM
winter games!!

Whats that chris, playing from outside the window!!:p

RogerM
23-12-2007, 12:52 PM
For multiplayer it's got to be Sports, Olympics and Winter games. Sonic and the Rings claims to be multi player but it's such a faf it'll just get you anoyed in minutes .... can be a good game to play, clear a level .... hand over the Wii-mote and see if the other person can beat your time / score.

Excite Truck is cool but the 2 player game isn't great as the vertical screen split gets a bit anoying (narrow field of view) even on a nice big 50" plasma .... god knows how hard it would be to play on a portable Tv or small monitor!!

As far as games for the Wii go (not multiplayer) if you like flying get blazing angles ..... you use the Wii-mote as the cyclic stick and nunchuk as the weapons aimer ..... totally, totally briliant to play on the Wii even though it's a bit dull on other platforms!

Get the blaster for sure ..... just make sure you can get a fair distance back from the TV .... playing it on my plasma in the lounge I find I can't really get far enough away (but we are planning on re-arranging the lounge in the new year to make Wii playing easier .... that's how much my misses loves the Wi ..... would get it changed to suit the PS3 .. lol). If your too close it makes it hyper sensitve and hard to pin-point targets.

To be honest Dan if your not totally stoked with the Wii I'll be shocked, it's an awesome thing which just can't be explained in Mhz or gigabytes ... it has to be measured with a smile-o-meter!!!

About the consols, to be fair they are all aimed at different markets my opinion is as follows;

PS3 .... the most capable machine but still waiting for the game makers to use that power ..... what for GT5 .... that will show what the machine can do!!! Game selection will more than double in the first quarter of 08.

Xbox 360 is brilliant for FPS ... if you like that type of game best get a 360 ... if you hate them (as I do) don't buy a 360 as for everything else the PS3 eats it alive!!!
The 360 has the best games library but most (about 90% IMHO) are rubbish!!!

Wii is aimed at people who play for a laugh and aren't looking for a 100 hour marathon slog to complete a game. It is actually really aimed at "non gamers" in that sense, which is why so many people who have Wii can't get the Wii-motes of their good lady!!!
For "fun" gaming it's by far the best machine due to the unique control system.

I have the blaster and am borrowing a copy of Resident Evil Umbrella Cronicals and although I'm not a fan of that type of game I am getting into blasting mutants with the gun .... it's the extra dimension in the game play (literally) that makes the Wii so special.

In order of preference (personal opinion obviously) I'd say Wii, Ps3, Ps2, GameCube, N64, all the old game systems from the 90's and even 80's then naughts and crosses, hangman and crosswords ..... finally if all else fails I'd fire up the Xbox360 ...... but only to play Monza2 as it's the only 360 game I have I actually like!!!!!

super__dan
23-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Bloody Hell Rog, thats quite a reply, I agree though.

I've decided that the games I want right now are Mario Galaxy, olympics and Driver so just been into Leeds city centre and could not get a single one in any of the stores. I set off home most pi$$ed off to stop asSainsbury's for a bottle of Advocat (for my Nans 'snowballs') only for them to a have a cuple of copies for only 29 quid, BARGAIN!

To be honest it's Mariokart, Medel of Honor Heroes 2 and the new Star Wars games I'm now holding out for in Feb/March.

super__dan
23-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh and I've just bought this, was looking at it earlier in the shops for £40, but for £16 it looks a bargain only if played a cuple of times.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=51;-1;-1;-1&sku=562554

purpletimbo
23-12-2007, 04:36 PM
I've been palying sonic golden rings and as Im a solitary soul it's addictive, but just fired up Metroid prime, graphics are ace:D
plus pure fun shooting on play:)

Southwell
23-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh and I've just bought this, was looking at it earlier in the shops for £40, but for £16 it looks a bargain only if played a cuple of times.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=51;-1;-1;-1&sku=562554

I recon resident evil with the big gun thing would be a good crack.

purpletimbo
23-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Definitely want a pistol adapter for the shoot em ups, best thing I bought was 2 X 2800 nimh batteries and a docking bay for remotes £11 delivered from Hull, worth their weight in batteries LOL
Got Excite Truck if you want to play before you buy, and olynpics and Zelda:D