PDA

View Full Version : Hot Bodies Ve8

RCRacing88
09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
You probably know already, that I have been searching for a 1/8 electric buggy to run on my track, lightly bash and run at my local track.

I saw the Ve8 a while back when it was first released and really wasn't digging the plastic chassis design. Though I came across it again and researched a bit about it and I was amazed at its succession! many bashers and racers are buying this buggy because it's so light and nimble!

Ill cut to the point, I will be picking one of these up in the next few weeks to be matched with 2650 MMM & savox sc-1258tg (not to mention the 4s 5000 30c lipo), and ill be posting a build thread when I get some time to build the thing.

It came into my head that the underside of the chassis is going to get pretty torn up if you run on dirt with small rocks and stones in like myself. So I was wondering if anyone has manufactured an under-chassis skin or plastic coat that will protect the chassis. I do like to keep my kits clean, and keep them as new looking as possible so this would seem like a good idea.

If it hasnt been done yet, then does anyone know where I can get hold of such material with a sticky side which will help protect my chassis when it arrives?

If you have ever seen the t4/b4 chassis sheets you will get what I mean :)

Cheers

jasonwipf
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't know how long they would last even if you did find them, those things get scared quickly. A lot of us in the U.S. just use skid plates by DE racing to get more mileage out of our chassis.

RCRacing88
10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I will be investing in a set or two of those :) but would also like the sheet to go underneath them so prevent as much scratching as possible :)

Thanks

eyeayen
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I have no actual experience of this as I've never done to an RC car, however car shops sell thick clear self adhesive paint protection film, that would work and you could remove it when it was knackered and put a new one on, it might be an alternative for you until you find someone to make one.

Find someone who makes carbon fibre parts for motorbikes or something else that uses custom made carbon and ask if they'll make you one ? You could have ten done and sell the others off to cover your own costs ?

RCRacing88
10-05-2011, 10:11 PM
sounds like a good idea :) I would need to be 100£ sure it will come off PLASTIC though :)

good idea and thanks for the input

Candyman
11-05-2011, 03:41 PM
..... the Ve8 ...... I will be picking one of these up in the next few weeks .....

Good luck! Last place I saw them was JE spares, they had the last few for £169 I think it was, since then ive not seen them for sale anywhere!

MHeadling
11-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Thats because they have been discontinued now

eyeayen
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
sounds like a good idea :) I would need to be 100£ sure it will come off PLASTIC though :)

It will you just need to warm it slightly and have some lighter fluid to hand so you can clean off any adhesive that remains.

The thing is, how much is a new chassis ? It might be worth just getting one, by the nature of what these things are they're designed to get dirty and scratched. If a new chassis isn't too much just buy one and keep it in case you need it in the future. Doing all this protection stuff is fair enough but how much will it cost you in both other parts and more importantly your time vs how much the new mint condition chassis costs...

Just a thought ;)