PDA

View Full Version : yokomo mr4 vs hpi rs4

johnnygibbon
14-05-2011, 09:10 PM
ok so i somehow got two touring cars but i only want one for drifting outside in summer
but not sure which is best the mr4 is pretty good but spares are not that available and i not sure if its a bit old for drifting

the hpi looks good and i reckon it will drift well and have plenty of bodies to fit

also whats the differance between 190 mm and 200 mm bodyshells will they fit the same chassis and which is the mr4 and rs4
sorry for the daft questions dunno much about tcs
i like drifting though

qatmix
14-05-2011, 10:39 PM
200mm shells are for nitro cars. Although some drift car wheels have massive offsets so they can fit a 200mm shell. 190mm shells are the norm for all electric 1/10 cars.

As to the chassis, to drift you need to lock the rear diff, also to do proper CS drifting you want to have the rear wheels spinnIng quicker than the front, so belt cars are the best as you can change the pulleys.

CS drift is sooooooo much better than STD drift, more challenging and realistic.

johnnygibbon
15-05-2011, 08:49 AM
thanks qat
seen the oversize pullys for the rear sounds like real drift fun
which of the cars is a keeper though i just cant decide
the mr4 dances but is twitchy at times
the rs4 looks great and will take any shell going but dunno how it handles properly
im still testing em but any help and advice is appreciated

qatmix
15-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Looking at them I would honestly say you are best to sell them and buy a second hand TA05 which usually go for less than £40 for a basic one. Then you can change pulleys etc to your hearts content.

Check out Csjunkies.com for lots of info they know far more than me :)