PDA

View Full Version : naughty naughty.....

Garry Spice
16-05-2011, 03:43 PM
whats the biggest rc thing you've ever bought but totaly fibbed to the other half about the cost??? i bet we've all done it!:thumbsup:

Mike Parker
16-05-2011, 03:53 PM
The price of the durango I bought towards the end of last year... Had to tell a lil white lie about that one!

Just preparing a story now for the durango big bores :D

ConceptRacing
16-05-2011, 04:03 PM
You should never tell the missus how much you spend on rc cars as it only gives them an excuse to spend the same on handbags, shoes, makeup, and what ever else they like to spend our money on, and always hide reciepts or bank statements, or just tell them you bought it second hand cheap.

bodgit
16-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Please tell me your joking. Why should you have to lie about spending your money. If she complains ask her how much she spends on shoes and make up. At least at the end of the day your car will still look good.

stegger
16-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Please tell me your joking. Why should you have to lie about spending your money. If she complains ask her how much she spends on shoes and make up. At least at the end of the day your car will still look good.

+1 :thumbsup: Come on boy's grow a backbone :woot:

Chequered Flag Racing
16-05-2011, 04:25 PM
she hasn't asked me what it costs since I started in 93 :thumbsup:

I get 95% of the items I buy delivered on the days she's at work

Did ask her onece for a brushed stock motor for xmas and she nearly choked on the price of £27, sometimes wish she had :woot:

Dudders
16-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Mine and Adam's full racing set up. Told her about £500 for

3 LiPo's
Charger
B4.1 RTR
B4.1
SP ESC
2.4 Radio Gear
SP 6.5 Motor
Castor Hauler Bag
Tools
Box
Oils
Spares
Wheels
Tyre
+ LOADS MORE

I'm sure she knows its more like £1500...:thumbsup:

Bagman
16-05-2011, 04:36 PM
The scary thing is I'm beginning to lie to myself about how much I spend on RC.

bodgit
16-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Men admit it, at the end of the day you,d rather kiss your car goodnight than the missus.

nobby
16-05-2011, 04:43 PM
can't lie about the price of rc stuff as my father-in-law own's the shop i get most of my stuff from.

she can check the prices whenever she likes.

besides she gets whatever she wants so i can buy whatever i want.

as bodgit and steggers said grow some balls lads:thumbsup:

Bagman
16-05-2011, 04:46 PM
My missus has been quite good about it all but recently she has been asking me if I've "got everything I need now?"

burgie
16-05-2011, 04:52 PM
i once bought a schumacher axis pro, about a month after Claire (my wife) had bought me the original axis.......

i told Claire that i had bought a new bodyshell for the axis, and got her to paint it for me, whilst I was "re-building" the axis - pro in the next room. I left the box for the axis pro in the car outside and brought the new kit into the house by stuffing all the parts bags in my coat pockets.

to the best of my knowledge, I completely got away with that...:woot:

beckybean66
16-05-2011, 06:02 PM
You should never tell the missus how much you spend on rc cars as it only gives them an excuse to spend the same on handbags, shoes, makeup, and what ever else they like to spend our money on, and always hide reciepts or bank statements, or just tell them you bought it second hand cheap.

i must be a good 'other half then' im not into handbags, shoes and make up, my money goes on RC stuff too, so me and the bf spend all we have on racing gear lol :thumbsup:

stegger
16-05-2011, 06:18 PM
i must be a good 'other half then' im not into handbags, shoes and make up, my money goes on RC stuff too, so me and the bf spend all we have on racing gear lol :thumbsup:

If ever you break up with him there will be a few spineless suiters for you on here :woot::woot::woot:

beckybean66
16-05-2011, 06:23 PM
If ever you break up with him there will be a few spineless suiters for you on here :woot::woot::woot:

haha carnt see that happening, he needs me to build his mardave while he does his buggy LOL, plus lately ive been beating him so he he gets the stick for that hehehehe

teamorsum96
16-05-2011, 06:55 PM
haha carnt see that happening, he needs me to build his mardave while he does his buggy LOL, plus lately ive been beating him so he he gets the stick for that hehehehe

thats so true :thumbdown: lol

beckybean66
16-05-2011, 06:56 PM
thats so true :thumbdown: lol

awww, dont eat too much of my dust next meeting lol

teamorsum96
16-05-2011, 06:59 PM
to let people no, im focusing on racing my buggy not mardave lol

beckybean66
16-05-2011, 07:10 PM
hahahaha, and your doing well too :)

bodgit
16-05-2011, 07:29 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/963/evol2lp8.jpg

quincey
16-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I can never lie about how much I spend because my lovely wife buy's nearly all of it!!!.....but it all comes at a price....she spends double on university stuff...

beckybean66
16-05-2011, 07:33 PM
:O atleast from that pic, us women have managed to get clothes lol

Fast Eddie
16-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I once walked in with an sct and told her it was my buggy with a new shell:woot:
She had a look of "you lying b******" in her eyes:thumbsup:

teamorsum96
16-05-2011, 07:43 PM
:O atleast from that pic, us women have managed to get clothes lol

thats why there good on sawing machines, cheers for stitching my shorts up lol :wub

beckybean66
16-05-2011, 07:48 PM
thats why there good on sawing machines, cheers for stitching my shorts up lol :wub

hehe, see where would you all be without women :), then again i couldnt live without a man, i NEEED my motorbikes and cars and stuff, and to be honest watching women do all that stuff just isnt the same lol, plus metal bands would go downhill, all that silly womanly screaming (with exceptions of angela gossow YEY):thumbsup:

wacattack
16-05-2011, 07:51 PM
My wife actually actively encourages me to get more stuff. I'm the one that struggles to justify some of the expense, she pushes me to get it!

I guess I'm very lucky :thumbsup:

teamorsum96
16-05-2011, 07:54 PM
My wife actually actively encourages me to get more stuff. I'm the one that struggles to justify some of the expense, she pushes me to get it!

I guess I'm very lucky :thumbsup:

i no the feeling,i get told to buy the gear lol

SlowOne
16-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Do any of you really think that the woman you share your life with doesn't know what you're up to? If you do, methinks you have a bit of a shock coming!!

I've been married 36 years this month (to the same person :lol: ) and from month three of that marriage my dearest has run the family finances. We both know what we spend, and neither of us has to justify anything to the other. Judging from some of these posts, I am not the norm!

jmke
17-05-2011, 04:48 AM
separate bank accounts ftw ;)