PDA

View Full Version : Big Bores

coleman758
17-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Does any one run the new big-bores?

I'm looking at running the Durango springs on the Losi 22 shock.
does any one know if they will fit?

or could someone measure the inside of the big bore spring?

juergen_jl
24-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Seems, that no-one is willing to give a comment on that. I have the same idea. But until now, I still use the standard-dampers. I asked the same question in a german forum: no reply.

Kurtje
24-05-2011, 06:47 AM
I saw them yesterday, on looks i'm not that impressed ...
Hope to see them driving really soon ...

coleman758
25-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I saw them yesterday, on looks i'm not that impressed ...
Hope to see them driving really soon ...

Did you see my car with them on?

I've ordered a set of big bore springs from Durango. I will be re-building the shocks as soon as they arrive. I will give them a test on friday.

I cant see any reason why they wont be perfect?

The springs i have got are the same rates (Nearly) thats on the car.
so i just need to have a play around with the fluids.

wacattack
25-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Craig runs them and thinks they're great! :thumbsup:

sime46
25-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Got 'em on my truck (DESC410R) and they seem really good.:thumbsup:

Hulk
25-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Craig runs them and thinks they're great! :thumbsup:

Just to confirm, i run the Durango big bores with Durango springs, and yes i do think they're great!! :thumbsup:

Once i got the right set up in regards to oils, pistons and spings the car feels more planted and easier to drive compared to the standard shocks. :thumbsup:

Think this thread was asking if Durango spings fit the losi 22 shocks, which i have no idea.

Craig

wacattack
25-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Just to confirm, i run the Durango big bores with Durango springs, and yes i do think they're great!! :thumbsup:

Once i got the right set up in regards to oils, pistons and spings the car feels more planted and easier to drive compared to the standard shocks. :thumbsup:

Think this thread was asking if Durango spings fit the losi 22 shocks, which i have no idea.

Craig

Looks like you're a better reader than me! :woot:

coleman758
25-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey,

Well I'm not paying £150 for a set! That's insane
I have Losi ones. And have ordered Durango springs.

I've orders similar spring rates to the normal rango ones.
Then it's a case of playing with oils and pistons.

Can you give me an idea of what your running big bore wise?

Im looking at dark red/blue fronts & light green rears.
Maybe starting with 35wt oil.

Hulk
25-05-2011, 09:18 PM
You don't need to spend £150, you can just get the shocks and run the springs that come with them, as i do :thumbsup:

You only end up spending £150 if you get the full spring sets, which is down to personal preference.

In the rear, i run 3 hole pistons drilled to 1.7mm with 27.5wt shock oil.

In the front, i run 2 hole pistons drilled to 1.8mm with 40-45wt shock oil. I may change this to 2 hole pistons dilled to 1.7 or 1.75mm with 35-40wt shock oil. Gonna do some more testing this weekend to see which feels best.

Springs = light blue on the rear and dark blue on the front.

Hope this helps

captainlip
25-05-2011, 09:26 PM
There must be a cheaper way to get the rango big bores :D where's the dam warehouse at :D

Andyp
25-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey Craig

Im not sure if i missed something but how do you get the 2 or 3 hole pistons ? i havent looked but do td do them ?or have you just filled re drilled the holes in the 6 holes?

Andy

Hulk
25-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Andy,

you just need to glue up some holes. TD don't currently do any less than 6 hole pistons.

Again it's all down to personal choice, what feels right to one person may not do so to someone else.

To make pistons to suit everyone would be impossible, so its easier to make pistons with more holes and give people the option of gluing some up if needed.

I know me, Nathan and Adam all run different set ups to each other, so its good to have a play around and find what works for you. :thumbsup:

captainlip
25-05-2011, 10:10 PM
This sounds stupid but can't you build big bores just by buying the bodies and springs and pistons and salvaging the rest from the standard shocks?

Hulk
25-05-2011, 10:13 PM
There must be a cheaper way to get the rango big bores :D where's the dam warehouse at :D

Knowing you, youd prob find the warehouse, steal some shocks, damage them im the process, then come on here saying Durango can't make shocks! demanding a refund or for them to be replaced!!! :lol: haha!

captainlip
25-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Haha I like it!!!!

Hulk
25-05-2011, 10:18 PM
This sounds stupid but can't you build big bores just by buying the bodies and springs and pistons and salvaging the rest from the standard shocks?

Not a stupid question at all. Im fairly sure this would be possible as all you need are the shock bodies, shock caps, springs, collars, rubber rings, springs etc.

The rest of the parts i.e shock shafts, ball joints, o-rings etc are the same as the standard shocks

TonyM
25-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Exactly what I've done and it works a treat.

captainlip
25-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I wonder what that works out cost wise. Interesting .....

TonyM
25-05-2011, 11:01 PM
I wonder what that works out cost wise. Interesting .....

Using Durango direct prices, I work it out to be £75.98 + postage.