PDA

View Full Version : Who's got a Vega ?

mrspeedy
20-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I can remember seeing someone at club with a Vega but can't remember who !!

I need a favour :thumbsup:

peetbee
20-05-2011, 11:45 AM
No-one has run one that I'm aware of Si.

I believe that Matt has one for the TRF201 but hasn't had a chance to put it together yet.

mrspeedy
20-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I definately saw one at the club, I remember seeing the bodyshell !!! it might have just been the conversion kit tho ...

Dyna
20-05-2011, 12:28 PM
T'was me.... well, Mike brought it new, but because of some errr problems with actually getting it ( im sure Mike will tell you.. ) he got a GTO instead and sold it to me.

Its half built, and to be fair a nice made kit although you do have to do a little bit of fettling. Reason ive not finished it is 'cos of the bodyshell... i cant stand it... its absolutely God-awful.

Ive started a new body for it, but with my timescales will probably be finished next year... or possibly the year after :lol:

But whatever happens, its not running with that shell on.

Balders
20-05-2011, 12:32 PM
yeah it was one I had, sold it to matt before i built it, have i not told you story about it all?

Matt said he's going to build it but I think you may have to wait a while... :)

peetbee
20-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Reason ive not finished it is 'cos of the bodyshell... i cant stand it... its absolutely God-awful.

Ive started a new body for it, but with my timescales will probably be finished next year... or possibly the year after :lol:

But whatever happens, its not running with that shell on.

God awful is an understatement!
Or the year after that Matt ;)
I suspect Si is asking as he is looking at producing a suitable shell, so you may get to run the car this year after all!

You told me the story Balders - it was very entertaining!

Dyna
20-05-2011, 12:42 PM
It is half-built now Mike... :blush:

Dyna
20-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I suspect Si is asking as he is looking at producing a suitable shell, so you may get to run the car this year after all!

Ahhh yes i shouldve guessed... in that case ill have a new body then Si :thumbsup:

mrspeedy
23-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Aha ...:woot:

Matt, I do have a body from my old custom buggy mould and wanted to try it on a Vega and see how good the fit is ... are you at Caldi this week ?