PDA

View Full Version : Zero problems with my first Durango

asc6000
21-05-2011, 02:14 PM
2 full 4200 25c packs with a 10.5 motor and a heavy throttle finger. Running the center slipper adjusted in hand by feel.
Nothing came loose, nothing leaked. I did no adjustments, in fact I took no tools, only the car the radio and the 2nd battery.
I will do the same today and expect the same results. I did put in MORE POWER :thumbsup:
The lesson is simple, the more complex the car the more time and care it takes to work on, no shortcuts allowed. Think about even the simplest part until your brain bleeds. It's just plastic and metal, you are the heart and soul.
ps I haven't run an rc for almost 15 years... this lipo brushless stuff is great.
Cheers

captainlip
21-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Let's see how long it takes for you to say the diffs are leaking, diffs are stripping, wheels are falling off, broken wishbone holders, bearings collapse......

:D

mark christopher
21-05-2011, 03:59 PM
he already said he built it righ........

leeboy44
21-05-2011, 04:01 PM

:lol::thumbsup::lol:

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
21-05-2011, 04:16 PM
:thumbsup::woot::thumbsup::woot::thumbsup::woot:

Let's see how long it takes for you to say the diffs are leaking, diffs are stripping, wheels are falling off, broken wishbone holders, bearings collapse......

Now your trying to put a downer on somebody else's happiness with this car!! :thumbdown:

paulc
21-05-2011, 04:24 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

captainlip
21-05-2011, 05:31 PM

We'll see!

Afterr all I had no issues with mine apart from leaky diffs for 5 race meetings, I'm sure it will be the same case here

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
21-05-2011, 08:25 PM
We'll see!

Afterr all I had no issues with mine apart from leaky diffs for 5 race meetings, I'm sure it will be the same case here

So if that's the case, why hasn't EVERY durango owner had the same probs?? :confused:

ian h
21-05-2011, 09:43 PM
So if that's the case, why hasn't EVERY durango owner had the same probs?? :confused:

No problems here either, but I wonder is 6 months use really a fair test???? Maybe I'll re post if I ever get a problem. Don't go holding your breath though.:thumbsup:

captainlip
22-05-2011, 10:38 PM

Mine hasn't had these problems, I'm just saying what people Are reporting! Read the post correctly

leeboy44
22-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Mine hasn't had these problems, I'm just saying what people Are reporting! Read the post correctly

did you sell your car in then end mate?

melanie
23-05-2011, 08:05 AM
I can't understand just build I as the book says use locktite and boom there u go we have 10 of them running at out club and they are all good:drool:

captainlip
23-05-2011, 08:18 AM
did you sell your car in then end mate?

Nah I'm keeping it, im running it for 2011 season

leeboy44
23-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Nah I'm keeping it, im running it for 2011 season

thats good news, i really hope it goes well for you in 2011.

dpackster1980
26-05-2011, 06:26 PM
We'll see!

Captainlip you are just a pathetic c&@k really. Yes you did have issues, you opened the box and built it s&#t. :yawn:

You could obviously turn any car rubbish just by owing it because you are a bellend without a clue. :lol:

shanks
26-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Interesting thing is I hear a Durango team driver is running kyosho ball diffs now

captainlip
26-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Captainlip you are just a pathetic c&@k really. Yes you did have issues, you opened the box and built it s&#t. :yawn:

You could obviously turn any car rubbish just by owing it because you are a bellend without a clue. :lol:

Funny this really as he has just posted up a thread about a POTENTIAL (let me clear that but up) first problem, oh look captains right AGAIN...... :D

dpackster1980
26-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Interesting thing is I hear a Durango team driver is running kyosho ball diffs now

That would be a good tuning option if it worked. Durangos are good on medium to high grip tracks. I find on low grip tracks they cant generate any mechanical grip but a ball diff would sort that. :thumbsup:

the man from delmonte
26-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Are you sure you not talking about yoursely pack-meister:lol:

Mike Parker
26-05-2011, 09:32 PM
The lesson is simple, the more complex the car the more time and care it takes to work on, no shortcuts allowed. Think about even the simplest part until your brain bleeds.

Cheers

Couldn't agree more, I spent an absolute age on the build to make certain it got put together right & been running the car for 7 months now with no issues whatsoever :thumbsup:

An old addage springs to mind... Measure twice cut once!

asc6000
27-05-2011, 03:17 AM
ok... another day of running the piss out of it and I broke the front bumper. And it does have the tiniest bit of dust collecting at the rear outdrives. Everyone happy now? Our track is more suited to an FOFF rig just so ya know. As my dog says... RUFF RUFF

kabilay
27-05-2011, 06:02 AM
:thumbsup:No problems here also. I have the car almost a year and after 2 races and hours of bashing nothing went wrong!! I followed the instructions and my experience with other kits. Any upgrades made for lightening the car (Tresrey parts) and for making the car more beautiful. I like the red coloured parts.

dpackster1980
27-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Are you sure you not talking about yoursely pack-meister:lol:

I believe I've told you before, stop hiding behind a keyboard. I told you to come to the last round of Worksop and we can sort things properly. You bottled you inbred.

I saw you on tv last night. It was the program about the peado ring and you were not one of the coppers. :woot:

:D :D

discothesnake
28-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Apart from leaking diffs (which they do, get over it) i have never had any of these issues that you talk of. I reckon with all the issues that you have had, you build your cars to a low standard and you hit just about everything on the track (an off of it)

I have run my 410r indoors on carpet, outdoors on grass and astro and i have yet to break anything. I think they are great.

Dave

the man from delmonte
28-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I believe I've told you before, stop hiding behind a keyboard.

:D :D
Did you type this while sucking on your mothers left tit? She loves it when you gently nimble it, dont you know all your thick geordie mates take it in turns to spit roast her:p.

chris68nufc
28-05-2011, 09:43 PM
What have Geordies got to do with it Mr Delmonte? David follows Sunderland. I am deeply wounded??

Col
29-05-2011, 12:12 AM
What have Geordies got to do with it Mr Delmonte? David follows Sunderland. I am deeply wounded??

To everyone who's not from the N/E, sunderland is just a part of geordieland...

dpackster1980
29-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Did you type this while sucking on your mothers left tit? She loves it when you gently nimble it, dont you know all your thick geordie mates take it in turns to spit roast her:p.

Talking from your own mother's experiences and it obviously worked with yours that is how you were born apart she was spit roasted by the whole of her own family.
This is why you look like one of those inbreds on the hills have eyes. I bet you don't race no more because you new hobby is washing the spunk and crap stains from your mothers bed sheets and curtains. :woot:

the man from delmonte
29-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Talking from your own mother's experiences and it obviously worked with yours that is how you were born apart she was spit roasted by the whole of her own family.
This is why you look like one of those inbreds on the hills have eyes. I bet you don't race no more because you new hobby is washing the spunk and crap stains from your mothers bed sheets and curtains. :woot:
I like you :wub, so does my Mother or is she my sister come to think of it, might even be my auntie. No no shes my Gran. Always wondered why i look like Sloth from the Goonies:woot: