PDA

View Full Version : Giant Cod

Chequered Flag Racing
23-05-2011, 08:15 AM
no not the fish but a popular UK online store

might not selling Hobbywing products in the near future :(

post on rctech

He wont be around soon either as our product is being undervalued by his website

How much hobbywing product do you see in uk hobbyshops. Maybe 2 stores? for 5% margins the stores will not take the product thus causing us a real headache for promotion in the UK .
The answer for racing in exile he sells to stores and is finding it hard to get the product into the store as most wont even get out of bed for 5% while we have online stores prostituting the price the product will not grow in the UK. Plus if you sell hobbywing support the warranty dont send it to stuart cheeryblost for warranty do you get my drift alot of these online stores want to sell product but not support the customer when something goes wrong.

dodgydiy
23-05-2011, 09:20 PM
take the product from him and people will just buy it in hong kong for the same price, why shouldnt giantcod be able to sell hobbywing stuff at that price if he wants to. i would prefer to buy from the uk but if forced to, like many others will just turn to ebay

bigchris
23-05-2011, 10:14 PM
these s the guys at my club - speedo' are selling like hotcakes to guys at my club - mainly from giant cod ....

Monkeys Punk
23-05-2011, 10:23 PM
I wouldnt worry too much. Angelo (cobra) sold me a speedo for twice what I got it from from Giant cod about a year ago, When I confronted him about it he said he would stop Rob (Giant cod) from selling Hobbywing. That was a year ago and there still going. Angelo just wants to up the price off it.

ch!3f
23-05-2011, 10:29 PM
to be honest i wont be buying from giant cod again shocking service took nearly 2months to get a refund on a faulty item and for the price id rather save a few quid even if it does take 2-3weeks to come from hk.probably get a quicker return service too!lol

RogerM
24-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Why not buy from the official UK importer http://www.racersinexile.org.uk/ ?

When I e-mailed HobbyWing to enquire about their products they pointed me towards Stuart @ Racers In Exile as their approved UK agent and he has been nothing but helpful and the products are great. The prices are good too, £100 for a ExRun 120A V2.1 which is about £60 cheaper than the equivelent Speed Passion unit.

Stuart will happily deal with an issues you have and although I've had nothing but perfect service from my units I know of one that went back and was replaced by return of post.

Ok his website "live stock" isn't quite as live as it could be some times and there may be a small delay in replying to mails (but they always return phone calls quickly) but that is not unusual for a number of companies.

If you want HobbyWing from a UK source Racers In Exile is the place to go!

Hope that helps people find what they need.

RobW
24-05-2011, 12:43 PM
What am I missing here?

I've got three Xtreme Stock hobbywing speedos which are amazingly good value and have been faultless to date. Bought one from Giant Cod and the other 2 from Racers in Exile. Giant Cod was cheaper but did not have them in stock when I wanted to get more when I realised what good speedos they were.

Is the issue that Racers in Exile are the "official" UK distributers and Giant Cod have sourced them elsewhere? From my perspective they were both UK based websites so I thought I was doing the "right thing" by buying in the UK. Now it turns out I should be checking where people get their stock from:confused:

Not had a problem with any of mine so cannot comment on support/warranty.

Rob

SlowOne
24-05-2011, 07:53 PM
What's the point of this thread?

The original post is taken completely out of context, and it has spawned a number of other posts that miss the point of the RCTech thread by couple of counties. Since the original post there has been other information added on RCTech, and some of us are inside the conversation and wondering what the hell this thread is all about!! If it were my forum to moderate, it would be best served by deleting the whole thread before someone looks at it and wonders if these posts aren't libelous...

beale
24-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Just what I was thinking, I have just recommended the extreme stock ESC from Giant Cod for a mate as I can't fault them for the money.

RobW
24-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Guess it's about the potential loss of an outlet for hobbywing speedos.

jimmy
24-05-2011, 10:02 PM
If you can tell me what's libelous that'd be a start?

damselfly
24-05-2011, 10:21 PM
to be honest i wont be buying from giant cod again shocking service took nearly 2months to get a refund on a faulty item and for the price id rather save a few quid even if it does take 2-3weeks to come from hk.probably get a quicker return service too!lol

I've never bought from Him, but i've heard some horror stories by researching via Google.

His return policy is an absolute piss take to put it mildly, which indicates He knows absolutely toss all about retail and the way in which Paypal will completely override His policy should you buy a faulty product from Him.

In Irish lingo or Scottish lingo ( can't remember which ), Giant cod apparently means big joke.

damselfly
24-05-2011, 10:30 PM
If you can tell me what's libelous that'd be a start?

+1
There's nothing that's untrue in this thread whatsoever.

dodgydiy
24-05-2011, 11:06 PM
looking at racers in exile site, it doesnt even look like they stock the sensorless ezrun speedo's that i use, so for them giantcod wouldnt even be competition as they dont sell the budget kit anyway, so why should they be allowed to try and stop them sellling them

big air
24-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I've never bought from Him, but i've heard some horror stories by researching via Google.

His return policy is an absolute piss take to put it mildly, which indicates He knows absolutely fuck all about retail and the way in which Paypal will completely override His policy should you buy a faulty product from Him.

In Irish lingo or Scottish lingo ( can't remember which ), Giant cod apparently means big joke.

I've bought a good few thing from Cod and never had a problem and always got it the next day, Never had a warranty claim though.

Monkeys Punk
25-05-2011, 10:07 AM

The original post is taken completely out of context, and it has spawned a number of other posts that miss the point of the RCTech thread by couple of counties. Since the original post there has been other information added on RCTech, and some of us are inside the conversation and wondering what the hell this thread is all about!! If it were my forum to moderate, it would be best served by deleting the whole thread before someone looks at it and wonders if these posts aren't libelous...

Sorry but I also have to ask what libelous ? To me it's just a thread relating to a outlet/retailer.
Maybe exsplane your posts better if you are trying to get some sort of point across.

colmo
25-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Two issues here:

1) Grey importer v official stockist

2) Adherence to UK trading laws, including Sale of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations.

As far as 1 is concerned, I've tended to side with the grey importer, mainly because official importers are trying to set an artificially high price. Welcome to the global market!

For 2, I've always supported our relatively customer-oriented laws, even when I was the retailer. They're a great big stick to beat sloppy retailers with, so use it!

As for UK price v HK price, I think as long as UK price = HK price + VAT + a wee bit, it's fair. Regardless where you buy, the Xeruns are far better value than any of the other brands.

dibble34
25-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I have used this site several times and had good service. They way i read the site is that there is not much of a returns policy, however they are cheap. Sounds fair enough to me, if you don't want to risk it go and pay a higher price elsewhere. It is all there and explained on the site.

SlowOne
25-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Perhaps I exaggerate for effect, but post #12 falls into that category. I just wonder if any posts such as that would be said to the people's faces over a drink in a pub. My experience is that they wouldn't, so why would I put up with them on here?

Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned. (Is there an emoticon for "shrugs shoulders"?)

damselfly
25-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Perhaps I exaggerate for effect, but post #12 falls into that category. I just wonder if any posts such as that would be said to the people's faces over a drink in a pub. My experience is that they wouldn't, so why would I put up with them on here?

Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned. (Is there an emoticon for "shrugs shoulders"?)

Without checking the definition for libelous, I was under the impression it means untrue, malicious, ETC..
Nothing in my post is untrue as far as i'm concerned.
His return policy is pathetic and this is plain to see by reading the sites terms and conditions. Then by briefly Googling " Giant cod service " my results reaped a good few bad reviews.
Before I purchase anything I like to do my research when possible.

SlowOne
26-05-2011, 05:35 AM
"which indicates He knows absolutely toss all about retail" and "these online stores want to sell product but not support the customer when something goes wrong." Neither statement has any evidence to back it up.

I wrote a note to Angelo at Cobra Racing. As a result, Hobbywing's approach is changing. None of the posts here will have one scintilla of effect on what is going on. That's my point - that this thread is unsubstantiated, rude and pointless. If you want to have influence over events, talk to people. But, as I said, I am probably old-fashioned.

RobW
26-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Ok, agree thread is becoming pointless as I can’t understand point you are making.

You post comments like “some of us are inside the conversation” and “I wrote a note to Angelo at Cobra Racing. As a result, Hobbywing's approach is changing.” suggesting you have inside information or influence over this issue but I still can’t fathom what your view is. How is Hobbywing’s approach going to change as the result of your note?

The original post was about the potential loss of an outlet which many people have used in the past. Most of the subsequent posts were providing feedback on supply and related services of Hobbywing speedos based on individuals experiences - that’s what much of this forum is, discussing views on what equipment is best or recommendations on the best place to buy it. Some of it is obvious nonsense like much of the web but much is useful. .

If you have information to share, that’s great. If you can’t for commercial reasons, that’s understandable. Otherwise I can’t see why you are so anti this thread? Much as I personally would try not to bad mouth any companies directly on here, I think you will find much worse “feedback” on companies and products in other threads.

Rob

SlowOne
26-05-2011, 06:44 PM
All agreed Rob, and your phrase "Much as I personally would try not to bad mouth any companies directly on here..." sums it all up succinctly. It's just a complete waste of space, as people just bad-mouth others which achieves precisely nothing. I just do not understand why people can do this to others in such a nasty and rude way, and that's why I am anti this thread. But, as I said before, maybe I am just old-fashioned.

dodgydiy
26-05-2011, 08:37 PM
every company will have someone who says bad things about them, personal experience with a faulty plane speedo from giantcod was good, new one turned up two days later, i think half the time with all these shops and distributors its how you are with them that affects how they treat you, after all would you rush to help someone who rings up having a moan in preference to someone who rings up and politely gives you the appropriate information.

leepez
03-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Does anyone one have a contact number for Racers in Exile?

Thanks,
Lee

Chequered Flag Racing
03-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Thanks,
Lee

ever used google?

try http://www.shopmania.co.uk/site/racersinexile.org.uk

markymark6183
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
always had a great service from giant cod and will continue to use them :thumbsup:

leepez
03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
ever used google?

try http://www.shopmania.co.uk/site/racersinexile.org.uk

Google happens to be my homepage and my email account funny enough.

Believe it or not I even found that same website/info that you so kindly went to the effort of copy & pasting the link above.

Try phoning that number sunshine see how far you get...........

Hence I asked the question.

adon30
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks,
Lee

02032877571 and ask for Stuart (very helpfull guy)

simond001
03-06-2011, 07:01 PM
If the RIE numbers isnt available ping me and I'll give you his mobile or help if I can.

One of the things we need to apppreciate is that most of the guys that run a small RC supply company do it with a love of the hobby. They will do what they can to help other drivers and customers.

leepez
03-06-2011, 07:01 PM
02032877571 and ask for Stuart (very helpfull guy)

Thank you :thumbsup:

Fabs
03-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't like fish anyway, isn't that what this is all about? :lol:

Chequered Flag Racing
04-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Try phoning that number sunshine see how far you get

No need for anyone to phone as you've done it and found it dead :p

Believe it or not I even found that same website/info that you so kindly went to the effort of copy & pasting the link above.

So why didn't you let folk know you'd googled for a phone number and not link to the one you'd already found dead :confused:

:confused: Strange :confused:

the 'recommend' importer doesn't display a phone number on their web site as far as I can see yet the 'grey' importer does :woot:

SlowOne
04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
So why didn't you let folk know you'd googled for a phone number and not link to the one you'd already found dead :confused: Because you assumed that he was asking because he was lazy and feckless, whereas he was busy and intelligent. He'd already done the obvious things, and then some, and was asking if anyone had a number. My assumption from his post was that he wanted a number that worked, not just any number whipped out of the inaccuracies of the interweb... :rolleyes: :p

Cherry2blost
12-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Thanks,
Lee

Hi Currently it is 0203 287 7571, but we are moving to larger premises soon and the new number will be 01708 500 700, if you call on this someone will be able to take your details and pass the message over to me for now until the new line gets transferred from our previous business, or you can always try to catch me on my mobile, am more than happy, if I don't answer straight away means I am on another call etc but it is 07900 363649. Looks as if Shopmania have the wrong number down which is a bit of a bummer

sales@racersinexile.co.uk

We have finalised a large shipment from HW all due to arrive on or about 25th June, we have pre order discounts in place and free shipping for incoming items, we are working to get all the new incoming stock up on the site but by golly theres loads to do.

As a side note, Brian Eldridge our Team Driver in the UK, has been doing really well with Hobbywing equipment, finishing 9th in the 'A' at the Cotswold National. Congrats buddy.

We also have been putting in place a 'clubman' arrangement with selected club members at different clubs, but we have openings for more. All we ask on this that you be knowlegable on the equipment, are happy to promote the product and help out those who need advice, settings etc. Several of the guys are already helping drivers with updating software trackside etc for them.

I am not going to be drawn into the wheres and why's of this thread, suffice to say, we support our product, carrying silly things like power caps, spare cases, fans and all the niggling little bits people can break. We are happy to be representing Hobbywing in the UK and so far have gotten the products into a variety of retailers for you all to go buy from.

We have been racing Hobbywing for over 3 years and are happy to give advice etc over the phone or if you want via email, we have all available firmwares for the last 2 years or so and we can deal with the warranty side of things for the units with serial numbers that we have sold.

If you have not bought a unit from us we will still look at it but we may have to charge for repairs as there may well be counterfeits out there but if we can we will look after you.

Apologies if you find the number busy, as I try to spend as much time as needed with people when they call, unfortunately (or fortunately) demand outstips our ability to communicate and obviously we have lost loads of sales due to tying the number up chatting to customers, rest assured 2 to 3 weeks there will be 5 lines in allowing us to take calls, but to be honest why not leave a message and we will call you back, just remember to leave your name and number so we know who to call.

Cheers and happy Hobbywinging All

Stuart
Racers in Exile UK
www.racersinexile.org.uk