adam_u
23-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I say yes. Anyone else?

bigred5765
23-05-2011, 06:31 PM
not only worth it but a brca requirment now

mark christopher
23-05-2011, 06:33 PM
i say no, but the BRCA say otherwise :mad:, and as its now in General rules EVERY BRCA affiliated club, HAS to abide by the general rules, so if your in or at a BRCA affiliated club, the answer is yes!

twisty
23-05-2011, 06:46 PM
They are a very good idea when charging at an indoor race meeting,which is why they are generally required at such events.
Cheap and safe,i would recommend buying one :)

Dazzler
23-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Like most things safety related, it often takes a near miss etc for us to appreciate the benefit. If I'm honest, I don't use one unless at a brca meet or the club stipulates it as a requirement. That said, if they were better designed, so you could get your batteries in and your charge leads out, without stressing the connectors - I would have no problem using one all the time.

mark christopher
23-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Like most things safety related, it often takes a near miss etc for us to appreciate the benefit. If I'm honest, I don't use one unless at a brca meet or the club stipulates it as a requirement. That said, if they were better designed, so you could get your batteries in and your charge leads out, without stressing the connectors - I would have no problem using one all the time.
then you need to read my post, any BRCA club its a reguiremnt by the BRCA NOT the club rules

Dazzler
23-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Not really, I charge at home, not at meetings Mark.. And I guess I was speaking in past tense, as it hasn't always been a brca requirement.
then you need to read my post, any BRCA club its a reguiremnt by the BRCA NOT the club rules

mattb
23-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Like most things safety related, it often takes a near miss etc for us to appreciate the benefit. If I'm honest, I don't use one unless at a brca meet or the club stipulates it as a requirement. That said, if they were better designed, so you could get your batteries in and your charge leads out, without stressing the connectors - I would have no problem using one all the time.If ya dont want to stress your conectors get a big jiffy bag and neatly cover it with silver carpet tape and youve got a flexible lipo bag,but if you get an explosion my advise is to run:woot:

Dazzler
23-05-2011, 07:12 PM
If ya dont want to stress your conectors get a big jiffy bag and neatly cover it with silver carpet tape and youve got a flexible lipo bag,but if you get an explosion my advise is to run:woot:

Very good :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :woot:, but I was thinking more along the Lines of a bag you could keep your charger in for safe keeping, then when your charger is out, the batteries go in. The bag being more box shaped, and having a better method for wire entry / exit. Maybe something like this exists already?

MattW
23-05-2011, 07:32 PM
The Moorespeed RC one might help with wire entry / exit.

http://www.moorespeedrc.com/shop/accessories/lipo-bag/lipo-safety-bag.html

I don't have one personally, but they look nice ;)

Dazzler
23-05-2011, 07:40 PM
The Moorespeed RC one might help with wire entry / exit.

http://www.moorespeedrc.com/shop/accessories/lipo-bag/lipo-safety-bag.html

I don't have one personally, but they look nice ;)

That does look more practical. Good find. Will go nice with my legend chargers too as in the pic. :thumbsup:

danDanEFC
23-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't always use my bag to charge in, but I now always store both my lipos in the bag when they are at home.

Cardnim
24-05-2011, 07:24 AM
I think there is a little residual fear of Lipos from when they were very new and much more unpredictable.

Some new Lipos can be charged at at 6C and above now (with new L-ion going miles higher than that)
So if using a good balance charger and staying within the limits I dont see the need for a bag.

...however..... I have seen things done at a race event that you wouldnt dream of doing at home. Massive C values being pumped into already warm batteries coming straight out of a race. And if you cant find the balancing leads, dont balance it and whack the charge in!! :wtf::o

Its at those times that I cant help but feel a charge bag would be a good idea - especially if Im in the adjoining pit area (and downwind!!)

Let the Icelandic ash cloud be a warning to us all :eh?:

daniZZ
25-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi there,
I saw that Racers Edge Li-po Bag is ROAR aproved, Are they any good?
On the other hand The Fastrax Li-po Bag looks just the same and they are made from the same material (Armortex Kevlar) even the label on them is the same are they yhe same product just rebranded?

Thanks

stoff
25-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I've a Moorespeed one. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

Jamie.T
25-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Weve just had these funky looking bags in. They are made by the same company as the Core-rc ones but are half the price and look much better. Priced at just £8.99

Available >HERE< (http://www.jtmodels.co.uk/prestashop/product.php?id_product=134)
http://www.jtmodels.co.uk/prestashop/img/p/134-193-large.jpg

TonyM
25-05-2011, 11:46 AM
It's a bit off a pain having to take the batteries out of your buggy each charge. Has anyone seen a bag that is large enough to put your buggy in and charge the batteries in-situ?:eh?: You'd only need a normal bag for when you want to do some work on your buggy.

stoff
25-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Pretty sure you'd just want the lipo to go up in smoke and not the whole car just for the sake of removing it from the car!

Craig W
25-05-2011, 07:12 PM
I've a Moorespeed one. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

I was looking at them or mmr33 1

TonyM
25-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Pretty sure you'd just want the lipo to go up in smoke and not the whole car just for the sake of removing it from the car!

The probability of a lipo going up is so minimal I'd be more than willing to chance the whole buggy. :)

i4n
25-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Has anyone seen a bag that is large enough to put your buggy in and charge the batteries in-situ?:eh?:

Yes there is :)

http://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2397

There's no picture, but I've seen one and they are gigantanormous!

TonyM
25-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Crackin - just the job and one already ordered.

danDanEFC
25-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to seeing your DESC410R fitting in it Tony

TonyM
25-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Looking forward to seeing your DESC410R fitting in it Tony

Ran it in a serious way today. Boy does it drain the lipo's, 3800 recharge needed for a 5 mins thrash. The torque on the 550 Tekin is just phenominal and I do have the ESC set for no current limit - rocket power!!!

daniZZ
25-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi there,
I saw that Racers Edge Li-po Bag is ROAR aproved, Are they any good?
On the other hand The Fastrax Li-po Bag looks just the same and they are made from the same material (Armortex Kevlar) even the label on them is the same are they yhe same product just rebranded?

Thanks

Nobody Knows Them?????

TonyM
28-05-2011, 09:35 AM

Received mine today and a super fit for both my TLR22 and DEX410. I just need to go to a Regionall now where they are being strict on the lipo charging rule.