PDA

View Full Version : Beginner 1/8 buggy KIT

Thonz
26-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi folks.
I am new to the hobby. I could use some advice on where to start.
I have a few criterias:

1) It has to be suitable for Bashing. Backyard, forest, whatever nearby dirt areas...
2) It HAS to be a kit. (I like building stuff, and I would like to learn how the car works from building a kit)
3) It should be a buggy. Just because I like buggies :-)
4) It should be electric. Noise is an issue.

So, is there any specific car kits that comes to your mind? I am thinking of the Hot Bodies Ve8. I can't help but like the AE RC8Be as well allthough it is more expensive...

Advice are much appreciated!

eyeayen
26-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Do you have a budget ? That would be useful to work to.

The trouble is the cars that come in kit form are generally the pro cars and therefore with all the extra's you get they're not cheap and if it was rated on price alone wouldn't be in the beginners section.

Also if you're only bashing it and not into racing the RTR cars are probably more available. Go to your local shop, see what they recommend. Find some online reviews of what has been recommended, speak to others who use those kits - go from there.

It's almost impossible to recommend a car because at the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

rich67
26-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I would recomend getting something that your local shop stocks spares for. If you get a RTR just take it apart and rebuild it, they have instrutions etc so should be no problem. HTH

Kurtje
29-05-2011, 06:16 AM
For me the best electric buggy is de Mugen MBX6 ECO
I've driven a lot of buggy's, but this one is really really good!!!!