PDA

View Full Version : brushless motor glitching when operating steering

jampat2004
27-05-2011, 10:22 PM
friend of mine just getting back into 10th buggy racing bought himself today from je,new lrp tc esc,new savox 1258,new hpi pro flux motor,he has got himself a second hand vantage type r 40 mhz radio set and when i say 2nd hand the set he has got has had no use and the condition is pristine never seen one as new looking.
the problem is when operating the steering left to right the esc is glitching making the motor turn slightly,there is no interference with the tranny so not sure whats going on,sure ive seen a post somewhere about new savox servos can be faulty sometimes causing problems.
has anyone out there had a similar problem can please post a solution.
thanks

qatmix
28-05-2011, 06:43 AM
It could be a dodgy servo. I had this with a couple of cheap bluebird servos once.

Just plug in a STD servo and try that first.

Also try the esc with the servo unplugged. Still steer left and right and see if the esc moves.. The tranny might have some channel mixing set.

Also try raising the neutral range on the esc.

Letus know how it goes

dobber
28-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Are you sure it's not interference. I've just got back into rc and I started off with an old futaba tx. I went down my local club and I had interference. Juddering and steering issues. I was informed that my radio gear was 'am' which is terrible for interference. I got a code 2.4ghz set for £37 that the tx and rx and when fitted all my issues were gone.

Whiskers
28-05-2011, 07:35 AM
I know somebody who was having the same problem with the same servo. Turned out they needed to plug a power cap into the receiver then it was fine.

ch!3f
28-05-2011, 07:36 AM
have you tryed an anolog servo with the radio set like a basic acoms futaba servos just to test it,some older radio sets do have problems from what ive read with new digital servos

jampat2004
28-05-2011, 06:09 PM
glitching problem sorted,my mate tryed a few different servos today and prob sorted no glitching,so lent him one my servos so that he can race 2mo,looks like he will be taking it back to je for an exchange.
thanks for replys chaps.:)

ch!3f
28-05-2011, 08:38 PM
was it an anolog servo he tested with?he will probably suffer the same problem with another of the same servo.

jampat2004
30-05-2011, 08:44 PM
was it an anolog servo he tested with?he will probably suffer the same problem with another of the same servo.
tried another savox servo i had a spare so lent him one,he raced on sunday with no problems at all.