PDA

View Full Version : SX3 or DEX410???

The Chef
28-05-2011, 02:07 PM
been waiting for the SX3 to come out for ages now and had a good look at the Durango yesterday and was well impressed by the simplicity and the nice alloy bits that come as stock in the kit.

Just after some opinion's. I had a good look at Trishes SX3 at Farnham and in comparison it looks bloody complicated.

What do you reckon, what do you guys think that run durangos? Obviously I can't get a straight answer on the cat yet as it is only team drivers have them.

What do you reckon?

I've left the poll anonymous. So you Schumacher drivers can have an honest opinion too:woot:

tomtom
28-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I've been running a SX2 for a while and it's a very nice car but recently bought a modded DEX410R and it's a better car for me, very easy to maintain once you build it right , lots of grip and so far with my crappy driving it seems I could push the car more.
Looks more durable too even if you still can break it like any car, I found the cat a bit too over complicated where the Durango is rather simple yet very well thought.

I have to admit the SX3 look nice, with issues like melting spurs resolved and a better weight distribution but even if I was skeptical about CVD/gear diff I now understand why Durango choose this kind of transmission and really like it's efficiency.

410 for me !

AfroP
28-05-2011, 02:45 PM
410 all the way.
Its more established and the 410R looks to be a better car than the s1 version of the cat. And with only a few parts like diff rings, ballcups and carbon shock towers is good enough to compete at the highest lvl. I'm currently saving for one myself as after looking at different 4wd cars the durango seems the best of the bunch. B44's are easy to drive and run but i'm not a fan of associated cars as i've had one before.

Twister
28-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I Dont think that the cat is very complicated but there is of course belts. Simple to work on and a smooth car. Its the only british car i would recomend :wub

lochness42
28-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Well, I'm obviously team driver and I'm supposed to be biased. I got my SX3 this week and ran it for first time today at our nationals during practice in the morning. I was blown away with way it handled track. I decided to race that car despite I had my proven, race prepared SX2. I also must note that I used CF chassis on our dirt track because I was dumb enough to forget to order it with car :eh?:. Also considering that there weren't any setups for dirt yet available for me to test - it was really amazing what car was able to pull out - now I wonder what that car can do after few setup sessions on track.

To Rango. I did try it few times from my friends at club and I admit that it's very agile car, but it simply doesn't suit me. I'm belt drivetrain guy for too long time.

mikeyscott
28-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I've got my SX3 and S1 chassis on order. Is most of the team going for pro kit but with S1 chassis?

lochness42
28-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I wanted to go with S1 kit but they will be put together after sorting out all CF kits so I would have to wait longer for it - not something I wanted.

The Chef
28-05-2011, 07:03 PM
What difference does the S1 and CF make from one another?I have always run Schumacher and then bought a B44 and don't really get on with it. I'm a novice driver now was pretty good at club level around 20 years ago but am as rusty as an old nail. It will come but I'm not gelling with the B44.

I'm just worried that the cat may be fragile as I'm not very good at the moment.

The Durango looks pretty bullet proof with all the alloy bits already on it.

I beleive that the cat will be very well balanced in the right hands and with the right amount of weight added. I just want to buy one car and not constantly change, as I can't afford to buy twice at the prices of the two kits.

lochness42
28-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Well for me on dirt S1 chassis will give me a bit more flex and thus grip.
I ran my SX3 with zero extra weight on mine and AFAIK durango does use extra weights - at least majority of drivers do. And to durango durability - yes indeed it's robust, but I've seen far to many diffs being destroyed at indoor race in Austria held by Hupo. It seemed like EVERY car (including team drivers) had diff during weekend that ate it's gears - some even lost drive completely.
I won't say that SX3 is most durable car on the market - that would be lie. Few alloy upgrades helps a lot with it though. I ran std plastic steering system which was beefed compared to version present in SX2 and it held just fine rutted track and few big air crashes.

As one would say - each car has it's own weaknesses.

What difference does the S1 and CF make from one another?I have always run Schumacher and then bought a B44 and don't really get on with it. I'm a novice driver now was pretty good at club level around 20 years ago but am as rusty as an old nail. It will come but I'm not gelling with the B44.

I'm just worried that the cat may be fragile as I'm not very good at the moment.

The Durango looks pretty bullet proof with all the alloy bits already on it.

I beleive that the cat will be very well balanced in the right hands and with the right amount of weight added. I just want to buy one car and not constantly change, as I can't afford to buy twice at the prices of the two kits.

The Chef
28-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Thank you for you replies you have been a great help.:D

Just to ponder then.