PDA

View Full Version : lrp sxx stock spec

gixxer
30-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi i am having a bit of trouble with a speedo and was wandering if any body else had an issue like this and knows how to sort it!!

the speedo turns on ok sumtimes stutters a bit on start up but the big issue is as soon as you touch the throttle it goes full chat and is super quick, i have put all the boost and torque settings on minimum and it has made no difference at all??

any help would be great

cheers john

Ema
31-05-2011, 08:04 AM
If you are talking of the first version of the lrp sxx stock spec, you have to check the version of the firmware installed on your unit; there are 3 software version released in order to solve some bugs.

Turn on your speedo with the motor connected and with the radio setup done correctly, then pay attention at the motor beeps:
- no sound from you motor = lrp sxx stock spec MK1
- two beeps from you motor = lrp sxx stock spec MK2
- three beeps from you motor = lrp sxx stock spec MK3

The MK1 version was unusable for everyone ...
The MK2 version sometimes was usable, but there are a lot of problems regarding the transmitter compatibility (however when it works it is faster than the MK3)
The MK3 version is the latest and works always quite well, but still got some problem when used with the spektrum branded transmitter modules.

Note that if your speedo is a MK1 or MK2 the only way to upgrade to the MK3 is to send your unit back to LRP.

Hope that helps.

Bye
Ema

gixxer
01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
thanks mate i have the mk2 cos it beeps twice when switched on, can it not be updated with the usb bridge thats out as ive found the software on their website to download?

does it need sending to the states for updating?

cheers gixxer

also if i put my 40mhz module back in would that make a difference? i have a corona 2.4 module in a 3vc at the moment

Ema
01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I got a friend that is succesfully using the MK2 version.

Yes, try the speedo with the 40Mhz module on your 3VC and see what happen (try also both PCM and PPM modes if you got both PCM and PPM receivers).

Unfortunately the USB bridge will work only with the "Version 2" of the sxx series, my friend got the USB bridge and did not work on my sxx stock spec; so the only way to install the MK3 software is to send the ESC back to LRP.
I think that from Europe, Gemany is more comfortable than US, however US customer are more lucky than us :mad: ..... take a look at this link http://www.teamassociated.com/news/announcements/496-LRP_SXX_Stock_Spec_V.2_Exchange_Program_ .

If the speedo still not works also with the 40Mhz module, you can ask the right service procedure on the LRP forum here :http://www.lrp.cc/forum/

Bye
Ema