PDA

View Full Version : Instead of Criticize

melanie
02-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Guys

I see a lot of people who criticize TD for their cars they make, and complain about it we have about 12 of them running at out club and not one have a problem build them like the book and u will see u will have a champion. If u have a problem with the cars parts speak to Adam he will gladly help out with the problem. Rather see for what they have done in the past two and a half year and help them improve their own product.

coleman758
02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys

I see a lot of people who criticize TD for their cars they make, and complain about it we have about 12 of them running at out club and not one have a problem build them like the book and u will see u will have a champion. If u have a problem with the cars parts speak to Adam he will gladly help out with the problem. Rather see for what they have done in the past two and a half year and help them improve their own product.

Thats a fair point,
But i think there is another side to the story. I would say the main issue is that people spend a silly amount of money on Durangos, and they expect the quality to be right.

After Phil's wheel nut thread, i had the same problem with mine, I run Nylocks (Not kit ones) on all 4 wheels. I've never had a problem with the nuts. Last week i was working on the car and lost one of the nylocks, so i put a brand new kit wheel nut on. This fell of half way through the first meet?

Now i'm all for contacting Durango. But can you imagine that conversation?....

captainlip
02-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Durango make awesome buggys, but that doesn't mean we can't post out problems we have on forums for others to share and help each other out! Ive spent nearly £800 on Durango alone and still love it to bits. If I didn't I be for sale a long time ago.

bigred5765
02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Durango make awesome buggys, but that doesn't mean we can't post out problems we have on forums for others to share and help each other out! Ive spent nearly £800 on Durango alone and still love it to bits. If I didn't I be for sale a long time ago.

lol:woot:
but your problem is you couldnt build a house out of lego lmfao:p

captainlip
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
lol:woot:
but your problem is you couldnt build a house out of lego lmfao:p

Especially if I'm using mechano! You can't build something if it's not fit for purpose

bigred5765
02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Especially if I'm using mechano! You can't build something if it's not fit for purpose

lmfao

Col
02-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Durango make awesome buggys,

You can't build something if it's not fit for purpose

Is it awesome, or not fit for purpose?

coleman758
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM

I think the Durango is a great buggy, But its not without its flaws.

captainlip
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM

In my second quote I'm talking about diff cases, if you do a quick search people are havin to put tape in there cases just to support their bearings, this was the reason diffs kept getting ****** up

telboy
03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
But there is a multitude of kits out there that people line the hubs and gearbox cases with superglue to help the bearings stop moving around. Its not JUST a Durango thing.

And as for people spending silly money on Durangos....

..hang on. Don't people spend REALLY silly money on Tamiyas and the likes, and then have to spend MORE silly money to upgrade it to a full spec race car?:confused:

I just don't see people's problem with Durango. One minute you're all loving it, and the next you're slating the company off for building a toss car!?

You find me another 1/10th RC race car that is as strong as the Durango that you don't have spend money on to bring it up to spec, and I'll accept that the DEX410 is crap and drops to bits every run.

Col
03-06-2011, 10:21 PM

In my second quote I'm talking about diff cases, if you do a quick search people are havin to put tape in there cases just to support their bearings, this was the reason diffs kept getting ****** up

So, would it be fair to say that (in your opinion) the durange buggy as a whole is not fit for purpose? As surely it is not possible for the same buggy to be both things - the diff's are a fairly major factor in the durango after all...

captainlip
03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Blah blah blah, who gives a toss anymore!

corsair
04-06-2011, 09:48 AM

Both.

coleman758
04-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Both.

I would say the same!

Also do you think only Durango gets problem threads.... NO!
have a look in the other sections. No cars are perfect

I can't see everyones beef with people sharing there problems. First thing I do if I have a problem is post it on here. not because I want to slag Durango off but because I like my Durango and want to resolve the problem

But all you seem to get these days is childish people jumping down your neck!

captainlip
04-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I would say the same!

I can't see everyones beef with people sharing there problems. First thing I do if I have a problem is post it on here. not because I want to slag Durango off but because I like my Durango and want to resolve the problem

But all you seem to get these days is childish people jumping down your neck!

Here here coleman! Exactly my point!

wheelspin
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by coleman758 http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510485#post510485)
I would say the same!

But all you seem to get these days is childish people jumping down your neck

QUOTE=captainlip;510494]Here here coleman! Exactly my point![/QUOTE]

Is there something going on between you two http://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0026.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=love/love0026.gif)

captainlip
04-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Before I opened this I knew somebody would make that pathetic remark.

captainlip
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Funny how Durango were covering their arses at the nationals talking about the diff thread, they know themselves that the diff cases were crap, and because it had been made public they were coming up will bull excuses to cover themselves

The diffs were rebuilt by rango and are still crap, make a shed load of noise and that's with rango building them, I've not even touched them since back from rango..... But I'm sure you'll say it's me still!

Let's face it and stop sticking your fingers up rangos arse because ive upset you by telling you that rangos aren't perfect

sime46
04-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Doesn't matter who builds them dude. They'll need some maintaining. Nothing lasts forever. Particularly in this sport where the get thrashed hard when raced. If they're getting noisey it may be time to service them again?

reg
04-06-2011, 01:25 PM
You find me another 1/10th RC race car that is as strong as the Durango that you don't have spend money on to bring it up to spec, and I'll accept that the DEX410 is crap and drops to bits every run.

the losi 22:p

wheelspin
04-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Captaintlip
You seem to have big issues in life not just rc. You cant just ask for advice you have to have your rants where after just 6 months of being an expert car builder anyone who has a different opinion than you is wrong.
You havent tried the car since you got it back, but yet your already slamming it and slandering durango again.
How the hell did any council let you work with mentally ill people is beyond me when you even slag the people you are supposed to help by calling them "schizophrenic pricks"
I didn't specify all were thick fecks! But some are, buds I enjoy banter with you, I like a good bit of abuse it happens every day at work with the schizophrenic pricks I have to deal with but I enjoy it, but it has to be said some of the mental cases in the hospital have more brains and sense than some of the bury / other various clubs, seems to be this hobby attracts more than it's fair share of conservative bull shit

As for brains writing that down could cost you your job if any council worker who races sees your statement and reports you. Think things through before putting it down on a forum.

captainlip
04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Doesn't matter who builds them dude. They'll need some maintaining. Nothing lasts forever. Particularly in this sport where the get thrashed hard when raced. If they're getting noisey it may be time to service them again?

What after only 6 indoor runs and an outdoor run.... I've been hearing people running over a year and still not rebuilt

telboy
04-06-2011, 06:58 PM
the losi 22:p

Thanks. :p To be fair though, you do have to buy all the HRC bits to make it good. :)

What after only 6 indoor runs and an outdoor run.... I've been hearing people running over a year and still not rebuilt
With my Losi 22 I had to rebuild the diff after just one run! It needs doing. On some cars it can be months, others weeks, some...a day. If its noisy it probably needs shimming, because it sounds like the meshing is all wrong.

sime46
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Captain. It was merely a suggestion that your car may need attention after you've used it. I know mine always does. Only trying to help dude. In my experience people who expect their cars to run indefinitely without some servicing are always the ones with issues on their cars. Coincidence? You decide.

captainlip
04-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Captain. It was merely a suggestion that your car may need attention after you've used it. I know mine always does. Only trying to help dude. In my experience people who expect their cars to run indefinitely without some servicing are always the ones with issues on their cars. Coincidence? You decide.

Suprisingly and shockingly I give the car a once over ever race meet and a rebuild every few weeks, my cars running sweet apart from odd tiny thing.

Adam Skelding
04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Funny how Durango were covering their arses at the nationals talking about the diff thread, they know themselves that the diff cases were crap, and because it had been made public they were coming up will bull excuses to cover themselves

The diffs were rebuilt by rango and are still crap, make a shed load of noise and that's with rango building them, I've not even touched them since back from rango..... But I'm sure you'll say it's me still!

Let's face it and stop sticking your fingers up rangos arse because ive upset you by telling you that rangos aren't perfect

I'm not sure how we are covering our arses at Nationals? Please enlighten me with your ultimate knowledge.

As for the diffs. The diffs were brand new and are always a bit noisy to start with, they bed in.

Could you clear one thing up. How can you not gave touched them? You state that you 'give your car a once over every meeting and rebuild it every few'. Surely greasing gears is normal maintenance?
Mind you I have seen your maintenance first hand ;)
Might be worth checking your mesh.

melanie
05-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi All

I have not seen one BIG RC Company like TD that post stuff on their website like TD does even club stuff they will post it, and the club drivers like that look at AE or LOSi nothing there only their pro driver are on their web so who is looking out for their driver now stop talking BAD about DURANGO, have u not seen in life speak to people in a nice manner and they will help u as far as they can.:D

cmgreen
05-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure how we are covering our arses at Nationals? Please enlighten me with your ultimate knowledge.

As for the diffs. The diffs were brand new and are always a bit noisy to start with, they bed in.

Could you clear one thing up. How can you not gave touched them? You state that you 'give your car a once over every meeting and rebuild it every few'. Surely greasing gears is normal maintenance?
Mind you I have seen your maintenance first hand ;)
Might be worth checking your mesh.

Well said adam!

The guys a tool!

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
The way I see it is ... IF you were so right with what you say and SO many people are having these problems, and SO many people are complaining about Durango's quality etc...

Why is it then, that throughout your entire threads, there's only one person sticking up for you and agreeing with you? :p

gddevey1012
05-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I have tyo say that i have read alot of the comments above (especially those of the vocal one) I have 2 Durango Kits a DEX410r and also a DNX408, both have their flaws however EVERY car has flaws at some point.

What i will say is this if i have an issue i email durango direct to ask their advice and if it is something that is improved since the kit version i get a replacement FREE OF CHARGE no questions asked. That is simply the BEST customer service i have ever recieved.

Build the car correctly, Maintain it regular and i ensure you of one thing you wont regret it !

Before i went to rango 5 years of racing in 8th and a total of 0 podiums moved over to the car and since then i cant seem to stop improving.

Gareth

leeboy44
05-06-2011, 08:21 PM
its about time this tread was put to bed now, its getting old going on about the same thing over and over

we all like to help but you've got to help yourself at the same time

this standard of car with the high speeds and bashings they take need a good service after most big meeting

of course theres going to be miss haps etc but thats racing for you and you get it in any kind of sport

lets try and move on and talk about something else??

captainlip
05-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Most sensible thing you said in a long time Lee! Gotta say I'm loving the publicity your all giving me! :D I hardly need to make the banter anymore your all doing it for me! :)

HyperFX
06-06-2011, 06:20 AM
lip, why do you continue? What purpose does your hate serve? Please, stop. I want to enjoy oOple again.