PDA

View Full Version : rear rockers

turbo_brick
07-01-2008, 01:16 PM
What effect does moving the rear shock position have on the handling.

thanks

peter

Fiddybux
07-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but moving them in on the tower will give you more back end grip in bends but less pack in your suspension (handles bumps less well), and moving out will give you less grip on the back through bends and more pack (handles bumps better).

This is probably grossly over-simplified and I'm trying to learn this too...so please take it with a pinch of salt until someone else confirms it (or not!).

:)

markwilliamson2001
07-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Effectively the rear rocker hole works in the same way as the wishbone hole on a conventional car. The closer the shock link to the pivot, the more suspension travel, droop and softer feeling suspension (this is the same as moving the shock end DOWN on the rocker)....

HTH
Mark

Try and compare side to side...

turbo_brick
07-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for that, going to go to the club tonight and just change loads of other settings one at a time see what happens.

kyoshosteve
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
hi
sorry to crash your thread :pbut which club are you going to

turbo_brick
07-01-2008, 10:00 PM
i race at jarrow, near newcastle, the club runs on a tuesday night.

kyoshosteve
07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
hi
i just wondered if it was a open track:p but you have answered my question cheers:cool: ,what rating of shock oil do you run in your x10 as i have just bought a second hand one which could do with the shocks rebuilding :o
cheers steve
ps i think it may be the old review car of jimmys as i bought it off of footy

turbo_brick
07-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Depends where you are going to run the car, i'm still trying to get a good setup for my driving style.

The best person to ask for setup help is northy or look on
www.the-pred.co.uk (http://www.the-pred.co.uk) for a setup for your local track.

peter