PDA

View Full Version : Basingstoke Off Road Track

staticvandal
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Things are finally moving along now. I have arranged a meeting for this coming week, so hopefuly I should have some official (good) news by our next meet, next Sunday.
So I have opened this thread to get your input and ideas (it will be your track after all) on how, what why and when you want to see happening at the club/track.
Lets have it then, I know you lot aint shy.

bat21
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
well I wont be there boo hoo but I will be on holiday may be we should be coming up with suggestions for track size /layout and the positions of such. access /egress /toilet facilities /stand position ect ect lets just have a big group wish that we get the piece of land
can't wait to get back
LOL
steve

Ianhunt
06-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Steve good idea I think the size of the track we are t at the moment with some small jumps like the ones at Beggarwood, I think until the land is sorted it would be difficult to say, however I am sure I'm not the only one that is handy with a shovel :-)

RCPhil
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Afternoon Chaps

Hope you're all well.

Good to see you all on Sunday.

I think it might be wise to visit the new land as soon as it becomes available. If we did this with a couple of hundred metres of rope we could mark out several tracks until a consensus is achieved over the design and positioning of facilities.
I've been watching loads of racing on You Tube and have ideas for the track lay out too so a visit to site will bring everyones ideas to one place.

I am currently preparing a set of Club Rules in draft and several risk assessments just incase these are requested before we officially take possession. The main risks currently are the safety issues involving being struck by a fast moving vehicle and the fueling of vehicles.
I am also preparing an environmental risk assessment to cover the potential of spilt fuel. We may need to have a few club rules onthis point.
Apologies for the Safety Bloke coming out in me but I just can't help it.:D

Have to go as there are more buggies to drool over on the internet!

Phil

staticvandal
07-06-2011, 05:39 PM
:wtf: Can we vote him out again, he will be putting up traffic lights and handing out speeding tickets next lol.

RCPhil
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
:wtf: Can we vote him out again, he will be putting up traffic lights and handing out speeding tickets next lol.

Cheeky git!

Just coz I'm gonna be soooooo much faster than you when I get my car!!!

mugenmark
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
sounds good getting 1/16th,nitro or electric,that the real question,nitro will take more money to maintain but we can use nitro to show younger members how to tune engines and is anyone any good at rebuilding engines?i can get them rebuilt for£10:thumbsup:,plus parts by the guy who does the national buggy racing team engines,hope to see you all on sunday weather permitting:thumbsup:

mugenmark
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
hi i been on about the paddock we can use in bourghfield common,well the owner lives in france,but there no horses in there,maybe we could pay a small rent for a year and build a track on top of the grass?ie flat and build jumps and use pipes for the corners and build a portable stand{my friend own the farm by the side of the padock so storage aint a problem}we just cant use concrete on the coners
the wedding next week so after that i go and inspect the land{it been rollered}at least we can get a couple of free meets out of it at the least,:)it just a idea if things go wrong with the council in basingstoke

RCPhil
10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I was chatting with a bloke up at Wheelspin yesterday.

He said the local club made their track edges out of old Fire Brigade hoses filled with sand and earth. These are very strong, big, red so easily seen and, most of the time, FREE!!!

I'll have a chat with our Fire Safety Officer for Berkshire and see if they have any.

Any thoughts? Not a good thing for me to have several hundred metres of fire hose around the house if we don't need it!!!

mugenmark
10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
for a perament track the hose is a brillant idea,at slough they use conastianed pipe,the cars seem to be able to get back on track easily and the pipe soft but strong anything but thick hard pvc or they will damage the cars.saftey rules,the main rule i would like no driving round the track the wrong way and safe places to stand and marshel,i was on the back straight at slough last weekend {with the 2 big jumps}and 2 cars missed my head by about 2 inches,as for refueling unless you hold a naked flame to the fuel it wont catch light and it burns rather than explodes like petrol,at slough they dont let under 14 years old marshell{or be the mechanics for pit stops},so we need to check with the brca to see if the insurance covers under 14 for marsheling.no driving in the work area.as for any race rules if we want to keep the club open to any class we should refine the race rules as the club progresses.i.e most 1/8th buggys last about 6 to 8 mins on a tank,so if you have a 15 min race then you need pit stops.the last thing keep car{real cars} parked away from the track a hitting your car door does do both cars any good.

maseace
15-06-2011, 04:45 PM
any news on the track????? anyone booked in for the fastrax gp at surrey and hants

mugenmark
20-06-2011, 03:23 PM
thinking about club cars maybe 1/10th electric:woot: would be best?if we get the viable track it was 1/10th before and would be best suited,hope you had a good meet this sunday?i am racing this sunday so hope to catch up with you all in july{i look at the paddock next weekend}but with some hoses i am sure we could set up a track with jumps,one catch is take 5 galleons to mow the meadow,so we would have to put in a small amount to cover that,still hope you get some good news for the basingstoke site,

staticvandal
12-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Seems like ages since I have been able to post to this thread. I have been keeping my mouth shut so as not to get everyone excited and put a curse on it, as we have had so many dissapointments in the past. You wouldnt believe the amount of knock backs I have had over the last few weeks:thumbdown:. You would think that such a constructive diversion would be welcomed with open arms by the council, this close to the school holidays, wouldn't you.

However, I am posting this because I think we have a really good chance of succeeding with the next proposed venue. Ian, Barry and myself are having a trial their on Saturday afternoon (sound check), and all being well with that I can negotiate terms. We would have full facillities - toilets cafe etc, parking, access all the time and more than enough space for a 1:8 national standard track and best of all we will be nitro friendly :thumbsup:(hence the sound check). This of course doesnt mean that we wont also be running electric.

So everybody keep your fingers crossed and hopefully I should have some good news for you at Sunday's meet :thumbsup:(no promises though).

RCPhil
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Fantastic

Good work by all.

I know a lot of work and time has gone into this.

staticvandal
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
:thumbdown: See, as soon as I open my mouth and tell you all something, something goes wrong. Luckily its not to drastic this time. The sound check has been moved to next week, so I won't have any new news on Sunday, sorry :cry:.

staticvandal
03-08-2011, 07:49 PM
:thumbsup::woot::thumbsup:

dobknobby
03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
:thumbsup::woot::thumbsup:

You got some news??

RCPhil
04-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Come on Mr Vandal.
Spill!:drool:

staticvandal
07-08-2011, 06:06 PM
:thumbsup:We have finally got the land we deserve:thumbsup:. A whole 11 acres of woodland to play in. Work will commence next weekend on the first track. We are initially hoping to build two tracks back to back with a central scaffold rostrum to accommodate both. One the main off road track 3M wide up to 50-60M Long by around 25M deep, and the second, a woodland course.

Needless to say, we are going to be very busy over the next few weeks, so our Sunday bashes are going to have to go on hold for a while. We will post here regular updates as the works progress and will be looking for volunteers to come and trial the new tracks as they are developed.

Exciting times ahead I think. Thanks to everyone that has helped in our quest for land, we finally made it:thumbsup:

Ianhunt
07-08-2011, 06:08 PM
That is fantastic news, where is it? I will help where I can but I am away for most of august

mugenmark
07-08-2011, 06:14 PM
:thumbsup:well done,let hope the weathers kind to us. club members keep your eyes open for anything we can beg or borrow for the club,fencing old lawn mowers {petrol},portakabin,caraven,strimmer, any one got camping toilets spare anything like that,any one get sponsers for the track?it all happening now:thumbsup: and we need your help to promote the club and bulid a great track

Mav
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
AWESOME news, I will gladly help where I can.
Where is the track?

dobknobby
08-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Were is the track? I can come and help, anything needed, i can do most lol... skivvy, building, cutting, just tell me what you need doing and ill try my best! Cant do anything the weekend of the 27th though as is my wedding...

kevhutch
12-08-2011, 07:54 AM
i was hoping to get up there sunday to help out, unfortunately(until payday) i have been asked to do a 12 hour shift on saturday night so wont be able to attend

sorry lads

RCPhil
12-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Chaps

Can you send location details for sunday.

Ta

Arsey Phil

staticvandal
14-08-2011, 03:56 PM
You will all be pleased to here that work has finally started at the new track site:thumbsup:. Today was a hard days clearing, lots of old felled trees, brambles and 6 foot nettles:wtf:. Still we managed to clear around a 1/5 of it so all good. Our aim is to have our first track up and running by the end of October. We have the astro turf (don't worrt we are not covering the whole track) being delivered tomorrow and the scaffold should be arriving soon. The rostrom has been decided at 26' long 8' high with a sloped ramp for wheel chair access. A big thanks to everyone who helped out today.
I know that lots of people want to help out, but we are only having the club officials and founders to the site at least until we know it is safe and all planning / decissions have been made, I hope this is OK with everyone.
I will post more soon and hopefully I shall remember my camera next week to take some pictures.

RCPhil
14-08-2011, 08:19 PM
It was good to get started today. Did make me realise we have some serious work to do. Looking forward to getting back next week.

Ianhunt
14-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Great work all, it's going to look fantastic :thumbsup: the woodland track will be allot of fun :woot:
Note to self don't wear shorts when clearing nettles :cry:
Can't wait till it's done

kevhutch
15-08-2011, 08:00 AM
You will all be pleased to here that work has finally started at the new track site:thumbsup:. Today was a hard days clearing, lots of old felled trees, brambles and 6 foot nettles:wtf:. Still we managed to clear around a 1/5 of it so all good. Our aim is to have our first track up and running by the end of October. We have the astro turf (don't worrt we are not covering the whole track) being delivered tomorrow and the scaffold should be arriving soon. The rostrom has been decided at 26' long 8' high with a sloped ramp for wheel chair access. A big thanks to everyone who helped out today.
I know that lots of people want to help out, but we are only having the club officials and founders to the site at least until we know it is safe and all planning / decissions have been made, I hope this is OK with everyone.
I will post more soon and hopefully I shall remember my camera next week to take some pictures.

no probs, couldnt make it for sunday though

let me know when i can help out:thumbsup:

maseace
16-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Just let me know when you need help and Ian my new email is masona1977@gmail.com congrats guys it will be great to have a local track again

staticvandal
16-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Just let me know when you need help and Ian my new email is masona1977@gmail.com congrats guys it will be great to have a local track again

Thanks Adam.

staticvandal
18-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately I won't be there this weekend, Steve will open the gates at around 11.00 for those that are helping out.

TJP
19-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Steve,
I'm back from hols now.
I'll join you on Sunday at 11:00.
I've just picked up a mother of a petrol strimmer to clear the nettles etc..
I know roughly where it is, but I may need to meet on the A30 to follow in.
What other tools do I need to bring along.
Thanks, Trevor

Baztech
20-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm happy to meet you to follow me if u like Trev. 11 in the lay-by?

TJP
20-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks, Trev

TJP
27-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi,

What time will the gates be unlocked to start clearing the site in the morning.

Thanks, Trev.

staticvandal
27-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi,

What time will the gates be unlocked to start clearing the site in the morning.

Thanks, Trev.

Sorry all, I forgot to post.

Gates will be open at around 1100 this Sunday, see you all their.:thumbsup:

RCPhil
28-08-2011, 02:23 AM
I'll be down at the usual time.

staticvandal
28-08-2011, 04:23 PM
:thumbsup:Massive thanks to all who helped out today. That was a lot of hard and very wet work that got done today. It was great to start getting those log edges in place, it makes it look like we are finally getting somewhere now:woot:.

staticvandal
28-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Earlier start next week. Gates will be open at 1000, just get their when you can, and if you have got one can you bring a rake please, thanks.

RCPhil
30-08-2011, 08:29 AM
:thumbsup:Massive thanks to all who helped out today. That was a lot of hard and very wet work that got done today. It was great to start getting those log edges in place, it makes it look like we are finally getting somewhere now:woot:.

Top job you chaps working on the track area but boy did it get soggy!!

I should be over earlier this Sunday and will come armed with a rake.

Ianhunt
30-08-2011, 11:11 AM
I should be there Sunday

RCPhil
06-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Guys

I have costed crushed concrete for the car park and the costs are in excess of the current funds.

I have sourced several tons of clean concrete rubble which will be bagged. i will start to bring it down on Sunday.

This will require an amount of breaking up but, if we can cut down a few trees we can break up a bit of concrete!!

Hope the waether improves or we'll be fitting floats to the cars soon.

Phil

staticvandal
09-09-2011, 06:32 AM
The gates will be open between 1000 and 1100 this Sunday. Fingers crossed the loggers have not destroyed or nicked anything.

staticvandal
10-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Waiting to see what the weather is like before deciding what to do tomorrow, so check back here before you set off. We dont want to get stuck like we did last week.

staticvandal
11-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Its not to bad at the moment, I will post again at 10, so don't set off until you check back.

Ianhunt
11-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Sorry guys I will not be there today I have my parents down :bored: