PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help

Matt1983
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi im matt. Im new to the world off rc. Im looking at getting my first rc car. I was looking at getting the ansmann master smacker kit. Has anyone got any advice for me on this car or would you advise me on a diff car to start off with. Many thanks. Matt

Naushad
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Welcome to rc!

I recommended a master smacker for a work colleagues son.

It's a cheap basic 4wd off road setup. You can buy it as a kit to assemble or ready to run.

The good thing about ansmann is that they have a good backup service and parts are plenty which is important in this hobby/ sport.

I think your potential choice is good for a starter. If you have a club nearby see what they run!

If you need more advice you can pm me.

Good luck!

Regards

bodgit
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Good starting point is a B4. 2wd but plenty of people have them parts are easy to get. Getting a B4 would give you a competative race ready car. You can usually pick one up in the sales section .
If you decide to join a club and race then you would have plenty of people to give you advise on set up etc

mattybucks
06-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Good starting point is a B4. 2wd but plenty of people have them parts are easy to get. Getting a B4 would give you a competative race ready car. You can usually pick one up in the sales section .
If you decide to join a club and race then you would have plenty of people to give you advise on set up etc

Agreed. Sound advise. If your looking for a 4wd I would go for a B44 alot of car for £100 second hand.

Matt1983
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Many thanks for the replys. I will look into the other cars. Are they ansmann or are they another brand.

mattybucks
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
The B4 and B44 are Team Associated cars, keep an eye out inthe for sale section for them.

Swerving
06-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Matt,
I have a Master smacker, having started with a Blizzard which I built from a kit, the Blizzard seems quite fragile, when you hit somthing, something invariably breaks, oh by the way as a newbie you WILL hit things! I seem to have snapped the UK's entire stock of front cvd shafts for the Blizzard.

The Master Smacker is very much tougher, perhaps a little slower, I bought mine RTR, it will break, but not as often, in my experience. This would be my recommendation for a newbie, relatively cheap, tough, and bits are more readily available.

Others would recommend a Madrat but I have no experience of them or any other 2wd so can't comment.