PDA

View Full Version : XeRun programming box

Hog
10-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm running a HW / XeRun ESC in my B44, and really would like to have a better understanding of the various adjustments that can be made to it.

I've got the small digital setup box, but can anyone give me (preferably in relatively simple terms) what each of the setup options on the programming box actually does? I'm clear on the simpler things like brake force but it's more to do with the timing and boost parameters I need help with.

Thanks in advance........

RogerM
10-06-2011, 11:12 AM
1st question .. do you have the instructions and are struggling to understand them or do you not have any? If it's the latter then they are available to download from HobbyWing's site.

2nd question ..what version of the firmware have you got? All we really need to know is how many parameters there are to cycle through, the latest firmwares have 15, I think the previous ones have 9 or 11 settings to play with.

Soon as I know that I will be able to help you and am happy to do so :)

pro4nut
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
If you hook it up to a laptop it will give a help guide when you are setting up. I will be at the south east regional on sunday with my laptop if you want a demo.

Wayne

Hog
10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks chaps - Wayne I'll have my B44 with me on Sunday though I'm racing my SC10 both days (B44 is an indoor car - looking to get another for outside) so may take you up on that offer.

Roger - I'll have a look later and let you know - can never have too much information. I've got instructions - I'm just thick when it comes to technical stuff like that. Need it explained in simple terms!

pro4nut
10-06-2011, 09:21 PM
If you can't find me i will be under a green gazebo near a black honda crz

Hog
13-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Wayne - apologies for not coming to find you. I didn't take the B44 in the end so it would have been a bit pointless. Another time perhaps?

RogerM
13-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Got that info for me Hog? Just need that and we can sort it all out I am sure :)

Hog
15-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Will try and remember to plug it in and make a note when I'm racing tonight Roger :)

Hog
07-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Right - finally remembered to take some notes last night so here goes. I've highlighted the settings I need explaining - also useful would be to know what the numerical values of these settings mean as well.

When I switch on I get SP V1.06_100617, followed by V2.0_100528STOC when I hit OK, then in order:

Running Mode
Drag Brake Force
Voltage Protect
DRRS Punch <<<
Brake Force
Reverse Force
Initial Brake
Neutral Range
AMTS Timing <<<
Overheat Protection
SC Boost Level <<<
RPM Delay <<<
Full TH Delay
SC Punch <<<

Last option is to Restore Default.

Any help would be much appreciated 'cos God knows I need it the way I'm driving at the mo :cry:

Hog
12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Bump

Roger? Or anyone?

rc_penguin
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm no expert Dave lol, but I've been using this software for ages now and i think this is what they mean.

DRRS PUNCH - How aggressive initial throttle inputs are.
ATMS Timing - How many degree's of timing is applied to the motor
SC Boost Level - This is the setting on how mental you want to make it, I think its for every several degree's or so of timing how much extra RPM is added.
RPM Delay - How long the delay is before the extra RPM kicks in.
SC Punch - How aggressive the boost kicks in.

That's my guess but it may be totally wrong :blush:

Here's my settings for fav anyway if it helps. I run a Speed Passion V2 so you may have to play with the boost and stuff on how it suits your motor, dad still uses an old Novak SS Pro and its got far more kick to it than mine lol.
Anyways -

1 - 1
2 - 3
3 - 1
4 - 6/7 <--- DRRS Punch
5 - 4
6 - 1
7 - 2
8 - 1
9 - 6 <--- ATMS Timing
10 - 1
12 - 5 to 7 depending on how confident i am lol <--- SC Boost Level
13 - 3
14 - 1 <--- RPM Delay
15 - 3 <--- SC Punch

My box has Speed Passion Software on it, and i think it may name things differntly and maybe in a differnt order so thats why ive highlighted all the boost settings above :)
Cheers,
Will

RogerM
12-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Sorry Hog ... not forgoten you ... just trying to get the facts straight on the 528STK stuff first, I never run stock setups on the ESCs (except my TC which runs crazy fast on 119STK)

Hog
12-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks Roger & Will.

Will - take for example the DRRS punch - mine is on 3 I think. If you're on 6/7 does that make yours more or less aggressive than mine? Some values are negative, and some are positive.

Could do with a 1 to 10 explanation showing whether 1 or 10 is less or more

rc_penguin
12-07-2011, 11:53 AM
It means mine is more aggressive, all the settings are the higher the number the faster/more aggressive the boost is. With the exception of the last setting (SC Punch) Which is where i think the settings go from in minus's i think?, on this setting the closer you are to 0 the more aggressive it is. :)

Hog
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Okay thanks Will. See what RogerM says as well.

Hopefully I might start to understand it all a little better!!

Hog
16-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Did you get chance to look at the setups RogerM?

RogerM
17-08-2011, 06:46 AM
I'll be honest ... I forgot all about it, sorry.

My time is rarely my own at the moment, working so much I've not managed to get on track for a month myself :o

I will try to get you an answer asap. I would however recomend updating to the V3 firmwares if you can.

Hog
17-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Okay thanks Roger - I've just moved house so not had much time myself. Will endeavour to upgrade to V3 and go from there.